ItzzRayy LV.20 JUST SEND IT
Mar 9, 2020, 12:40 PM 114 read

The start of a new journey ^^

I'm just recently getting into Magic, I got a deck builder pack and I'm overwhelmed with card and I don't really have a clue of what I'm doing. If anyone could stop by and give me some tips and tricks it'll be greatly appreciated. ^^

Comment 11

• Lambchops LV.2 Rare Candy Mar 12, 2020, 10:45 PM

I'm just getting back into it too, the biggest thing that helped me was playing the online game. it has premade decks for you and you can make your own. that way you can see what's go and what isn't. plus it's free.

• ItzzRayy LV.20 JUST SEND IT Mar 12, 2020, 10:46 PM

Thanks! What platform is the game on?

• Lambchops LV.2 Rare Candy Mar 12, 2020, 10:50 PM

I believe it's only on PC sadly, but I know console had games come out, they arnt up to date but it'll still help atleast

• ItzzRayy LV.20 JUST SEND IT Mar 12, 2020, 10:51 PM

Thanks again, I’ll be sure to look into it 😁

• DaPinkPig LV.3 Lurker Mar 13, 2020, 05:23 PM

Divide the cards by land, mana cost, and color for a 60 card deck put about 15-18 lands 15 creatures and the rest spells instants enchantments and artifacts

• Rockerrob LV.5 Titan Mar 14, 2020, 12:51 AM

This, but 23-26 lands.

• DaPinkPig LV.3 Lurker Mar 14, 2020, 12:52 AM

I use like 15 basic lands and 10 gates

• Rockerrob LV.5 Titan Mar 14, 2020, 01:01 AM

Gates are fair, but not specifically newbie-friendly.

• DaPinkPig LV.3 Lurker Mar 14, 2020, 01:02 AM

Yeah that’s true. When I first started i was using green and black.

• Rockerrob LV.5 Titan Mar 14, 2020, 01:03 AM

Fair enough! Not a big fan of black in general, but i LOVE green.

• Rockerrob LV.5 Titan Mar 14, 2020, 01:00 AM

I'll add some advice here - separate out all of your cards into colours, then leaf through and find a colour you like the look of. Once you've done that, seperate them out into basic card types - (I'd suggest at first go for Land, Creatures and Other to avoid complications) then separate out into mana cost (Which you can find in the top corner of the card, if you aren't sure.) Generally, as a beginner, you want a few low-mana options and then you want a couple of higher mana end-game cards.

There's eternal debate on what the best ratio of creatures/other/land really is, i've found what works best for me is 23ish land (in a 60 card deck), and as a beginner/newer player i'd err towards more creatures than other - but that's just me.

I'm not sure how new you are, so the advice is pretty generic - Feel free to message me for more detailed information, or for a match on Magic the Gathering Arena if you want some tips and advice - I've been playing magic for ~10 years or so, give or take.

Home