MrWallManMain verified LV.33 Mod
Jul 1, 2020, 11:43 PM 114 read

Which DLC weapon should I use?

Bloodborne: General - Which DLC weapon should I use? image 1

So after the weapon choices in the main game were not that appealing - at least to me the DLC came in with a massive bang! I’ve only roughly spend 2 hours in the DLC but already got so many badass weapons, now I need help deciding which one to go with. Here are my options:

Bloodborne: General - Which DLC weapon should I use? image 3

In the main game the saw cleaver was my absolute favorite until after beating the Vicar, so I’m absolutely in love with the beasthunter saif, which appears to be an upgraded version of the saw cleaver. The basic attack comes with a unique moveset, which either allows you to make a leap forward when moving forward while attacking, or dodge backwards when attacking without using the thimb stick. In transformed mode the saif swings around dealing a massive AoE damage to anything which is in front of you! But besides that there isn’t much more to that weapon, so will it be worth it?

Bloodborne: General - Which DLC weapon should I use? image 5

Oh the Boom Hammer, what an amazing weapon! It’s an ordinary hammer at first glance but it has the unique ability to make boom! When transformed it adds fire damage and has a massive AoE combo. I really like this weapon but it has a fixed attack speed in both transformation so while it does indeed deal a ton of damage it is also pretty slow, so will it be worth it?

Bloodborne: General - Which DLC weapon should I use? image 7

I guess I don’t have to say a lot. It’s absolutely a fun weapon but is it really worth spending your upgrade material into it? What do you think?

Bloodborne: General - Which DLC weapon should I use? image 9

And the last weapon on this list. The HMS is basically a Ludwig Holy Blade with the ability to deal ranged damage. Sounds great on paper but I’m not sure whether it will be that usefull outside of Co-op. What do you think? So these were my options so far. Of course I haven’t completed the entire DLC yet so I know there are a lot of amazing weapons that I’ve yet to discover, but for now I’d only consider the weapons on this list. Which one should I go for?

Poll Closed 12 Voted

Which weapon should I go for?

• Beasthunter Saif 6
  • Boom Hammer 4
  • Whirlgig Saw 2
  • Holy Moonlight Sword 0

Comment 7

• VeIocity LV.21 Professional Noob Jul 2, 2020, 12:11 AM

Beast Hunter Saif is basically a direct sidegrade to the Saw Spear

Whirligig Saw is the most cheese weapon. If you want the game to be easy mode, pick this.

Boom Hammer is more of a gimmick than anything else. If you’re going to spend time in Strength/Arcane for this weapon, you’re better off using the HMS

HMS untransformed double R2 hits like a truck. HMS transformed double R2 hits like a truck. But split damage builds require more specific stat distribution.

• Shade Dizzy verified LV.30 Shotcaller Jul 1, 2020, 11:44 PM

Never played bloodborne bc I think it's PlayStation only but I'll vote on a random one 😂

• Kekes • – • LV.8 JUST SEND IT Jul 1, 2020, 11:45 PM

DAT boom HaMMeR

• Prince Peach LV.5 Carry Me Jul 2, 2020, 12:24 AM

Honestly the beasthunter saif is your best bet. I like the holy moonlight sword for most boss fights

• MrWallManMain verified LV.33 Mod Jul 2, 2020, 01:08 AM

I’m currently using the LHB with a +9 upgrade, which is why I don’t think I’ll use the HMS if it doesn’t proof to be 100% better.

However especially considering the boss fight with the orphan I’ll have to get rid of (or at least have an alternative for) the LHB, because low attack speed is really not what I would want ina fight like this.

That’s why I think the Saif really comes in handy, it looks like an amazing weapon!

• Alie5506 LV.4 Lurker Jul 2, 2020, 02:59 AM

church pick

• Jake_Vondoom LV.3 Lurker Jul 4, 2020, 01:53 PM

what about the church pick though

Home