MrWallManMain verified LV.31 Mod
Jul 1, 2020, 12:32 AM 46 read

No more co-op in Boss Fights!

Bloodborne: General - No more co-op in Boss Fights! image 1

I have sinned! Ever since I realized how casual things can get when playing co-op, whether it is that I‘m joining another players game to farm blood echoes or the other way round. I’ve almost never played solo anymore, however only now I start realizing the negative effects of Co-op. So the normal loop I go through when playing solo is the following. I get into a new level and die, I get frustrated and die more often. I slowly start cursing my life and the game, but then I reach the boss arena and get excited, enter the boss fight....and die again. Rinse and repeat. However all the negative experience, all the frustration and hate immediately vanishes into thin air once I manage to perform the finishing strike on the boss. Not only that but there‘s also that gigantic feeling of accomplishment, the joy and euphoria that lasts for the next few minutes until I start dying again and the cycle starts from the beginning. Now with co-op things are different. I still die and get frustrated, die again and start hating the game. However beating the bosses in co-op is no longer a challenge, so instead of feeling accomplished there‘s just this meh feeling after beating a boss. Only now I realize that only when beating the bosses on my own I can have that euphoria, that new energy for the next level and all, which I‘m just missing out entirely when playing co-op. That why I determined to beat bosses on my own from now on. No more co-op, at least until I start my first ng+! What are your experiences with co-op? I feel like co-op should get a lot more changes. I realized that any boss would just attack one co-operator at a time leaving the other one to do what ever he wants. So my idea would be that with every additional co-operator the boss also get an additional moveset (a new AoE attack, or a new range attack, etc.) so Co-op becomes less of an exploit and more of an option where you have to gauge really well if you would want the additional challenge or not. What do you think?

Bloodborne: General - No more co-op in Boss Fights! image 3

Comment 6

• VeloCity LV.19 Enderman Jul 1, 2020, 12:49 AM

I feel like as time passes you will appreciate Coop, especially in higher NGs.

Plus its fun goofing off doing dumb strats with friends too.

• MrWallManMain verified LV.31 Mod Jul 1, 2020, 01:06 AM

I absolutely agree, but for my first playthrough it feels a bit like cheating because all the co-operators I get are higher NGs that just crush any boss in like 5-10 hits. 🤷🏼‍♂️😂

• MrWallManMain verified LV.31 Mod Jul 3, 2020, 08:23 PM

So I’m 5 bosses into my first New Game+ now and I can absolutely relate to your words.

NG+ without Co-op is a big no-no but even with a co-operator things don’t always become easier!
    Yesterday for example I’ve lost around 30 insight trying to beat the bloodstarved beast in Co-op (and failing over and over again.) 😅

• VeloCity LV.19 Enderman Jul 3, 2020, 08:26 PM

Yea the Co-op Boss HP Multiplier hits a lot different on NG+

• MrWallManMain verified LV.31 Mod Jul 3, 2020, 08:31 PM

I never knew the BSB fight had a second stage because in my first playthrough I killed it so quickly.
    So by the time the second stage begun either me or my co-operator got completely rekt by that insane rapid poisoning, it was insane!

• Alie5506 LV.4 Lurker Jul 1, 2020, 10:48 AM

nice essay

Home