Williyout Williyout verified LV.19 Let’s play Blackout!
Apr 2, 2019, 03:44 AM 918 read

Black Ops 4 Alcatraz Map What is the new Blackout location? Coming April 2 for PS4 Show your HYPE!!

Poll Closed 36 Voted

How do you feel about this new Update tomorrow

• Hype!!!! 30
  • Good 3
  • It’s ok 2
  • It’s gonna suck 1

I don’t think this is a joke? It certainly doesn’t seem like a joke, and if it were a joke it wouldn’t be a very funny one. It’s April 1 and truth doesn’t exist anymore, so good job, internet. Regardless, we’re going to plow ahead with this announcement as if this is not a joke. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 just announced a new addition to its battle royale mode, Blackout: it’s getting a brand-new map called “Alcatraz” that players will be able to select before a match starts. From the sounds of it, it’s a little more structured than a standard battle royal. he map is meant to be close-quarters and fast-paced, the kind of place dominated by shotguns, SMGs and quick decision-making. Which will be welcome refresh from the current Blackout map, where I’m always getting sniped. When I first read the description I actually thought it was going to be a non-random match with the circle always closing at the cellhouse on top of the hill, which would have been interesting in a very different way. That doesn’t seem to be the case, however. This is actually a huge deal for the game. There are two major ways to run your battle royale game: with one map that changes over time, or with multiple maps. Fortnite does the former, PUBG does the latter. Blackout has had a few Fortnite-style map changes so far, but this is moving both closer to PUBG and closer to where Call of Duty feels most comfortable. Selectable maps with wildly different playstyles could put a uniquely Call of Duty stamp on this genre yet.

Comment 0

Home