Roiden verified LV.22 S
Aug 10, 2020, 10:07 AM 704 read

Will Warzone Harm Future Call of Duties?

With the rise of Warzone, we've seen a downfall in Multiplayer CoD. Unfortunately, having a set number of players in a game means you have to disperse them within the game modes you offer. Warzone has lowered the amount of players in Multiplayer and now we have to ask a serious question. How will this change future CoDs? Simply put, I'm ready to say it might hurt them for some time.  

Call of Duty: General - Will Warzone Harm Future Call of Duties? image 2

Let's be honest. Warzone has completely taken over most player's streams and YouTube channels. Because of this, we're seeing less and less Multiplayer videos and streams, meaning the game mode is becoming solely for the purpose of entertaining the players and not an audience. The idea of a new CoD is always fun towards this point of the year but this time around, it'll be interesting to see the numbers.  

Call of Duty: General - Will Warzone Harm Future Call of Duties? image 4

Black Ops has always had high popularity in the community and players. The game, like most CoDs, typically has many players flock it right at the start. This year will not be any different. Black Ops will be swarmed by players and its success will rely on Warzone, almost completely.  

Call of Duty: General - Will Warzone Harm Future Call of Duties? image 6

With the idea of updates continuing with Warzone, players will remain until it's stale or ruined. With that said, players are more likely to get bored of Multiplayer sooner and go back to Warzone.  

Call of Duty: General - Will Warzone Harm Future Call of Duties? image 8

Let's also remember an important factor. Warzone is free. Playing Warzone because it's free now will still count in the next few months. Unless you can make a game worth playing over a free to play game, you've got no chance. Black Ops will have to be extremely strong compete in that case.  

Call of Duty: General - Will Warzone Harm Future Call of Duties? image 10

So what does Black Ops have to rely on? First off, the downfall of Warzone by it having a poor update or no more updates. Option number 2 is to make Black Ops so good that Warzone is competed against fairly. Finally, we can hope that players have fun in other game modes, as well as Zombies.  

Call of Duty: General - Will Warzone Harm Future Call of Duties? image 12

So what do you plan on doing? Sticking to Warzone? Moving to Black Ops? Both? Let me know! I'm excited to see what others think!

Comment 38

• TPLKS_N3DDY LV.7 Best Squadmate Aug 10, 2020, 10:43 AM

nice

• The_ultimatewolf LV.24 Warrior Aug 10, 2020, 06:28 PM

I stopped playing multiplayer because of the updates you have to download and that takes a lot of storage and warzone is like cod Mobile battle royal which I'm better at.

• B1GPoppiLoCCSta LV.20 Monster Aug 21, 2020, 05:57 AM

you left cuz you suck lol

• The_ultimatewolf LV.24 Warrior Aug 21, 2020, 06:13 AM

Shut Up

• B1GPoppiLoCCSta LV.20 Monster Aug 21, 2020, 06:14 AM

lol mobile 🤣

• B1GPoppiLoCCSta LV.20 Monster Aug 21, 2020, 06:14 AM

lol small storage baby system🤣

• B1GPoppiLoCCSta LV.20 Monster Aug 21, 2020, 06:15 AM

the game updates either way. if you have warzone or the whole game. you can't delete MP 🤡🤡🤡

• Werhakon LV.24 RIP Aug 10, 2020, 10:57 AM

to me both r pretty similar so meh.

• Rycefun LV.19 I'm a Bot Aug 10, 2020, 07:28 PM

warzone isn't even that good in my opinion. black out was better

• XxBotlessxD LV.12 Parasite Aug 10, 2020, 08:29 PM

Don't really like warzone well battle royales generally

• pro_ninja54321 LV.5 Lurker Aug 10, 2020, 11:11 AM

The cross bows only good with fire rounds or explosive

• NightOwl371 LV.16 Team Player Aug 12, 2020, 12:28 PM

Next cod is linked to warzone

• ILS Fate LV.4 Hunter Aug 14, 2020, 03:17 AM

Multiplayer is fun I play all the time warzone on the other hand is just time consuming sometimes not fun.

• Ghillie Gant LV.4 Lurker Aug 10, 2020, 05:09 PM

no

• ViperaTheRed LV.7 Nomad Aug 11, 2020, 05:26 AM

No I don't think so at all.

• Carnage TearZ LV.1 Mootie Aug 11, 2020, 01:27 PM

if black ops is showing its truely good enough. it will compete up with warzone. but until they nerf everything into the ground like they have already started to. it will dominate

• TTV Trillnvl LV.12 Chief Aug 11, 2020, 01:44 PM

noice

• NachoGuyBrandyLavish LV.17 Epic Aug 11, 2020, 03:32 PM

there's two outcomes to warzone being a thing, it gets removed soon, or we won't be having very many more cod games in the future, completely unbiased opinion.

• SIaiy LV.2 Lurker Aug 13, 2020, 03:01 AM

COD is sooo gooid

• Mr.beach bomber LV.4 Lurker Aug 14, 2020, 11:56 PM

I mean

Home