Roiden verified LV.22 S
Aug 4, 2020, 11:06 AM 581 read

What We Want From Call of Duty's Next Zombies!

Call of Duty: General - What We Want From Call of Duty's Next Zombies! image 1

It's been highly rumored that the Call of Duty of 2020 would be Black Ops: Cold War. Finally, the game has been confirmed as such and it seems like we're getting zombies back! For all of the zombies mode players out there, this can be big news because zombies have always provided us with some thinking, explorations, easter eggs, and great lore to look into. So, what do we know about zombies so far for Cold War and what is it that we'd like to have in the next zombies mode, from previous experience? First off, we already know that Cold War will have the Zombies mode and that there will be some essentials remaining. Pack-a-Punch, various perks, and major things will still be in the game mode for players to use to their disposal. The Chaos story mode will not be returning this time around because there were negative opinions from the community about it. Also, very popular weapons seem to be confirmed for the gamemode such as the M16, RPD, AK-47, and the PK Machine Gun. Apparently there has been some discovery of Vietnam soldier concept art for the gamemode, which can lead to many various things. Map-wise we know there is one that is going to be codenamed "Silver". Not a lot else is confirmed.

Call of Duty: General - What We Want From Call of Duty's Next Zombies! image 3

What do we really want, though? Well, let's start off with a continued storyline for some. Apparently Black Ops 4 included remakes of Black Ops 1's Zombies which was a mix for the community. Many players would like a continuation of the story while others are hoping for a whole new one. We are still unsure if the storyline will be a remaster, reboot, or original and until we find out, tensions will be high.

Call of Duty: General - What We Want From Call of Duty's Next Zombies! image 5

Casual players like myself will hope that there are easter eggs to enjoy. I feel that games with little secrets are always lots of fun, especially when things happen without your knowledge or understanding. Something different to add a twist to the game mode as we play it would be awesome. Add that and I'll be EXTREMELY happy.

Call of Duty: General - What We Want From Call of Duty's Next Zombies! image 7

Another thing that is worth mentioning is an "end-game" to the zombies mode. Many maps in zombies were survival only. There were others as well that had lots to them besides survival but after reading up on them, there wasn't a way to beat the maps, just progress. Unless my sources were wrong, I'm pretty upset that you can't beat zombies mode. I feel having a suvival mode and an actual beatable mode would be beneficial for the community as it'll be like a mini campaign for players to have a chance to play.

Call of Duty: General - What We Want From Call of Duty's Next Zombies! image 9

Is there anything I've missed? I wasn't an avid zombies player but I've been immersing myself back in the BO2 zombies maps recently and I realized how much I'll enjoy playing Cold War zombies, surely. What was the best things about zombies in your opinion that we need back and also let me know if we need to continue the storyline or just start fresh again? I'm excited to hear about it!

Comment 37

• BeanBoi LV.20 Rootin Tootin Aug 4, 2020, 12:34 PM

my absolute favorite thing in all of zombies is the perks and the jingles that go with them. bo4 didn't have any jingles and took away a ton of beloved perks.

• Locostealth LV.21 Insomniac Aug 4, 2020, 01:20 PM

well they did have jingles wonderful wonderfiz

• Snyper Eyes LV.27 Football Fan! Aug 4, 2020, 11:47 AM

OMG ALCATRAZ MAP BRINGS BACK MEMORIES!!

• StuckInAWaxComa LV.18 The Best Aug 4, 2020, 02:08 PM

Personally, I’m my opinion that nobody asked for I think that Black Ops 2 was the started of a decline on the zombies. I’m speaking on the whole feel of the game while playing it, it was like they tried to squeeze too much in with the 50 little steps Easter eggs an all that, not saying they aren’t fun to do. But fuck sometimes it’s like I have to do 3 steps every round starting on round 1 like lemme breath. If you know, you know it’s awkwardly hard to not do a EE when you know the process for it. Fuck chaos. It’s fun if you’re in a certain vibe, but that’s not normally achieved playing solo. I don’t know, maybe I’m just a “old school” zombies type but each game had a good map here and there but that’s what I was referencing to when I said on “a decline” but 100% my opinion, no intentions for offending just a lil vent about zombies. I just hope Cold War isn’t a let down. Good gaming mates

• KirinVentus LV.10 Team Rocket Aug 5, 2020, 12:25 AM

Honestly unpopular opinion but I'd like Aliens from Ghosts to make a return back into a Call of Duty Game. Bo4 zombies flopped and people left and gave up. I dont have hope for zombies and I think maybe we can do Aliens again. If aliens flop then there is room for zombies to be better and more people would want it than Aliens ever again.

• I_am_Ghostqwert LV.11 Sharpshooter Aug 5, 2020, 03:19 AM

i think the same

• DanielBihh LV.1 Mootie Aug 9, 2020, 06:17 PM

I wouldn’t mind seeing extinction make a return or just a more survival focused zombie experience.

• TPLKS_N3DDY LV.7 Best Squadmate Aug 4, 2020, 02:50 PM

Ooooo

• Dianasaura LV.14 Chief Aug 4, 2020, 04:41 PM

Yes, please! 👏🏻

• Voltrox LV.10 4x Champion! Aug 4, 2020, 09:52 PM

nice

• Claps4one LV.7 Nomad Aug 5, 2020, 01:34 AM

nice

• Seth McInnis LV.4 Lurker Aug 5, 2020, 01:53 AM

It’s Black Ops of course there is gonna be zombies.

• Slay3r956 LV.7 Nomad Aug 5, 2020, 02:59 AM

What’s the “negative opinion” about the story mode. I swear if it’s because of people that can’t handle history or sum bs, like how they can’t handle a border patrol agent as a playable character.

• R6 Gamer666 LV.6 Bandit Aug 5, 2020, 07:14 AM

can't wait for bo5

• FlutterArts LV.21 S Aug 5, 2020, 11:26 AM

hmmm yea i do think a zombies revamp would be nice. judging from the name cold war it prob has a historical setting

• Vixxxen LV.13 Dub Collector Aug 5, 2020, 06:47 PM

Just gimme zombies... Please 🥺

• NbaSoldierKidd LV.6 Let's Play DBD! Aug 6, 2020, 05:47 PM

Honestly I can’t wait for some new zombies with the boys doing easter egg 🥚

• Angelrae0525 LV.1 Mootie Aug 7, 2020, 03:35 AM

cool what's next

Home