Brauny Brauny LV.14 Chief
Mar 27, 2020, 06:53 AM 4,936 read

The best places to make home in Call of Duty: Warzone

As Call of Duty: Warzone continues its’ surge of popularity, many are jumping in to the game for the first time. Many of these people have never played a Call of Duty game before or at least not played a Battle Royale game. With Warzone, we have one of the most unique maps in the genre for one particular reason. The map is gargantuan. I’ve played around 50+ games I assume and I still have yet to see every area the map has to offer. The variety is astounding from prison castles to dams to expansive city areas and then boondocks woodland ones. So where should you go? Where should you stay away from?  

Call of Duty: General - The best places to make home in Call of Duty: Warzone image 2

Where to go   As soon as I’m in the plane ready to jump, I always set my sights on a few particular areas.   Bloc 23, Bloc 18 and Bloc 15

Call of Duty: General - The best places to make home in Call of Duty: Warzone image 4

The great thing about the Blocs is they all have little shacks and houses strewn about throughout them. This makes for an easy place to hunker down. The best feature these houses have is that they’re mostly two floors and that lets you create a solid defense system of claymores, C4’s and whatever else you may find on your way there. The negatives to these areas is they don’t seem to ever have that prime equipment you’re looking for. I find a lot of basic LMG’s here and a ton of body armor but again, for those who like to play the waiting game, great equipment isn’t always needed.   Prison Complex

Call of Duty: General - The best places to make home in Call of Duty: Warzone image 6

While it’s located on the very bottom right of the map and not always easily accessible depending on where the circle drops, the Prison Complex is not only one of the best places to make your home but also one of coolest looking structures on Verdansk. A massive, sprawling layout awaits you and on the inside there is nothing but goodies. I’m talking blue, purple and orange level items awaiting inside if you traverse the seemingly never ending levels of prison cells. At the top of the structure you’ll find a helipad and a ton of places to hide out as well and if you’re good enough, the top of the tower gives a wide view of the bottom 1/4th of the map for some prime sniping. This is a great spot to start every round just because of the enormous amount of prime weapons and equipment you can find here. Even if the circle starts all the way on the other side of the map, there are several vehicles to get you there no problem.   The Police Station

Call of Duty: General - The best places to make home in Call of Duty: Warzone image 8

Located on the west side of the map, this is more of a building than a full area but whatever, it’s a good one. The reason the Police Station is a great point to make home on the map is because it has very little weakness to it. You have a multi floor building with a roof that gives full view of anyone approaching from the city or even driving by on the west highway. This being a Police Station, it usually comes pretty well stacked with weapons and ammo as well. I still can’t tell if the drops are random but I tend to have great luck when landing here. The go to move here is to have one player on the roof, one on the second floor and one on the first. Everyone arming the doors with some kind of explosive and have the player on the roof facing behind the building towards the mountains. Why you ask? Because those mountains are high enough to get a vantage point to shoot at you on the roof and that’ll ruin my little plan I described. That’s the true weakness to this building is the back area so make sure you’ve got someone who’s a skilled sniper watching your back. At the very least, he can alert your team of incoming trouble.   Where to stay away from   Verdansk stadium

Call of Duty: General - The best places to make home in Call of Duty: Warzone image 10

Man, this place just sucks. A massive sports stadium on the eastern side of the map, Verdansk Stadium is absolute hell to navigate and one of the worst places you can hunker down once inside the circle. With numerous tents set up outside and an enormous area of open space on the outside, I see no real benefit to hanging around this area if you don’t have to. The weapons you can pick up there are pretty decent but the time it takes to traverse the whole thing to find a perfect setup is more time than you can afford to lose in this game type.   BCH TV station

Call of Duty: General - The best places to make home in Call of Duty: Warzone image 12

Can you say giant see through windows? The TV station sure as hell can and despite having a bit of an elevated plateau to be located on, there is nothing good about making base here. This is the area to make your home if you like pain, suffering and constant anxiety. The lobby is a nightmare of wide open space with nothing much to hide behind except a front desk. The station itself is open on all ends and if you and your team plan on staying there, get ready to be annihilated.   Verdansk International Airport

Call of Duty: General - The best places to make home in Call of Duty: Warzone image 14

This place is like sending out a PSA saying “Snipe me please!”. Whenever the circle starts to settle around this area I just feel dread because there’s nowhere to run. As you’d imagine, this area is packed with large hangers and tons of wide open space. Right behind it is Bloc 16 which is a much better location to hideout but if you’re stuck in this airport because of a stubborn teammate or the circle dictated it? Good luck. If you get put in this predicament, hide in the hangers and call a loadout drop to the middle of the airway, at least this way you will see who is coming.   I’m no expert, but if there’s one thing I’m good at in Warzone it’s finding a place to hide (as boring as that can be) if you’re planning on gathering some good stuff and waiting for your moment to strike, hopefully my tips will help.   What do you think of Call of Duty: Warzone so far? Do you like the map? Do you know of some better places to hide out? Let’s talk about it in the comments below.  

Comment 41

• McSmigglesworth LV.29 Wizard Mar 28, 2020, 12:38 AM

Great post brotha man! I wish more people would post like this on this app. That was it’s original purpose.

• Stealthzzz_ LV.7 Titan Mar 27, 2020, 06:17 PM

Airport is good. I get that he/she said that it’s open but you can go inside the buildings, the planes and the best of them all, the Tower. If you stay in the tower with like a sniper, you can see people from so far away. Then it is great when the airport is so open. And if someone in your team for whatever reason needs to go to the ground. Send your other teammate with him and you be the scout to make sure that there is no danger up ahead. The loot at the airport is great too. More enough for the whole squad of course. And if you need to go because of the gas, you can just jump out of the tower and a vechile will be nearby.

• Brauny LV.14 Chief Mar 27, 2020, 11:39 PM

See I didn’t even know you could go inside the planes. This map is so big. And yes if you have a sniper rifle that tower is great but that’s a big if. The open areas and the hangers just have nowhere to take cover and it’s always chaos whenever i end up there so there’s little time to explore.

• OBJwinsTeamPlayer LV.2 Lurker Mar 30, 2020, 02:42 AM

good points. when trying to find areas such as airport to hide and sneak part has some barriers and vehicle barriers and sand bags, and the other part near the smaller buildings and tents that run way part wide open... so I recommend plunder for respawns and trying to find areas at difficult places such as airport and near stadium and city etc. the respawn aspect with less expectations on plunder (I've only been on 1 win in plunder) it is useful to learn the map and team strategies.

• OBJwinsTeamPlayer LV.2 Lurker Mar 30, 2020, 02:38 AM

yeah. just don't hey caught on runway when vehicles drive into players it's a 1 hit vehicle kill without revive time... yeah sniping from tower can be fun, just get there before circle of it's closing over runway better have an excellent team

• </_Wasabi_\> LV.26 Try Hard Mar 28, 2020, 03:27 AM

Nah gulag will forever be best place to drop comrade.

• TyrantTRex LV.13 Xbox Mar 27, 2020, 04:25 PM

You’re literally promoting the most toxic and shitty play stale in a br, fucking camping your what’s wrong with the game literally delete this camping is not winning if you find enjoyment in camping an entire game to win your opinion is wrong and you should just be deleted from this planet

• Theredmaccaron LV.4 Try Hard Mar 27, 2020, 05:04 PM

why the hate, just let him play the game how he wants

• Smokelicense LV.28 Shotcaller Mar 27, 2020, 09:36 PM

An opinion isn’t wrong just because you don’t agree with it. Sometimes bunkering down isn’t a bad strategy, just play the game and have fun. Your comment is repulsive. That’s my opinion. By the way Abraun89 awesome post man! A lot of people will find this extremely helpful. Wish I could feature it for you! 🙏

• Brauny LV.14 Chief Mar 27, 2020, 11:36 PM

I appreciate that! I think he mistook some of the points I was making. I really don’t like camping but above I’m mostly talking about finding areas with great cover that you can defend.

• Brauny LV.14 Chief Mar 27, 2020, 11:35 PM

I agree with you, I’m not promoting camping though. Defending an area is not camping and sometimes that’s the best strategy here especially if you’re down to just 1 or 2 players. I’m not saying just stare at a door until someone comes in but more like cover a particular area and have a full view of what’s going on. Most of the time I don’t even shoot first unless I know it’s a sure kill.

• TyrantTRex LV.13 Xbox Mar 28, 2020, 05:25 AM

That’s the kinda mindset I like because Ik plenty of people will use this post as a camping guide and it just sucks when you’re a two man squad running away from a full and you know a couple good places to regroup but there’s just a squad sitting in there claymores at every door and waiting for somebody to come in. This also goes along with one of my least favorite play styles of people who will sit in those buildings with an ax or hdr with the longest zoom scope and the longest barrel and just take pot shots at your squad while you’re in a fight. It’s annoying and it sucks when you win a fight and bitch ass Johnny 700 meters away puts a 50 bmg into your chest while you’re trying to armor up. I think we should all form a gentleman’s agreement that if you see a squad fighting and you have a clean shot, unless you’re about to hit some 1000 meter on the run headshot, I would like it if people just fought their fights and waited to fight their own battle because you have no idea how discouraging it is to get shot from across the map after winning a 1v3 or a 2v3 by some kid whose sitting in a buildings window or in a roof with complete safety because he’s also running mono suppressor so there’s absolutely no threat to him.

• YT_Scuffed LV.1 PlayStation Mar 28, 2020, 08:55 AM

Stop with the hate let everyone play how they want not everything’s ganna go your way in life lil kid your ganna learn that some day putting a 50 BMG into someone is the greatest feeling after they fight because they probably think their all that and besides who armors in the open if you do that’s why you have no wins and place like 65 every game!

• TyrantTRex LV.13 Xbox Mar 28, 2020, 12:43 PM

I literally have 5 and that’s just cynical because you know you wronged that person and you just don’t care and you ever tried to armor while running away that’s what I’m talking about or when you’re looting

• Munchedburger LV.10 Professional Noob Apr 1, 2020, 01:20 AM

engaging a team that's already fighting is a valid tactic but I can see your point about getting sniped from 1 million miles away. it is part of the game though.

• TyrantTRex LV.13 Xbox Apr 1, 2020, 11:18 PM

That’s a scummy and sweaty tactic though that just spreads toxicity throughout the game and yeah that’s a part of the game but that doesn’t mean you have to be that way I don’t know why people don’t know how to practice self control

• Sir Riv LV.4 Lurker Mar 28, 2020, 05:27 AM

Are you mad because you can't get a win? I've used these strategies and dropped a 19 kill game. If you think that taking cover in a building for the last 1-2 circles is just "Camping" and not playing smart, then you don't get any wins. lol

• TyrantTRex LV.13 Xbox Mar 28, 2020, 12:44 PM

5 wins in a week and counting and tbh that’s not that hard with the right luck timing and positioning getting High kill games becomes pretty easy and I wasn’t talking about that last circles I was talking about the first couple

• Sir Riv LV.4 Lurker Mar 29, 2020, 04:11 AM

He wasn't talking about camping in the first circles though. He was just saying that's where he prefers to land. You're the type to judge someone based off of assumptions and feel stupid when you realize that you made a mistake. btw, 5 wins in a week isn't anything special. lol we get that in a day. 😂

• TyrantTRex LV.13 Xbox Mar 29, 2020, 08:46 AM

Why good for you sounds like you Play a lot I don’t, I share an Xbox with 2 brothers you’re the type to talk down on other people because you think that you’re bette then everybody

• TyrantTRex LV.13 Xbox Mar 29, 2020, 08:47 AM

Oh yeah and you have 21 wins and a 1.03 kd so fuck outta here with your 5 in a day shit

• 4oursk!n LV.7 Nomad Mar 29, 2020, 11:01 AM

Hey kid shut the hell up you little shit grow up

• Sir Riv LV.4 Lurker Mar 29, 2020, 03:04 PM

you realize those are multiplayer stats right? Lol and thats from when the game first got released. I have 46 wins in squads and 8 in solos with a 1.93 K/D ratio. feel free to add my Activision and check those stats yourself. #Nahar4595011

• Sir Riv LV.4 Lurker Mar 29, 2020, 03:05 PM

and you're talking mad shit when you don't even own your own console. 😂🤷‍♂️

• TyrantTRex LV.13 Xbox Mar 30, 2020, 01:52 AM

Sir Riv  I bought it with my own money for me and my brothers

• 4oursk!n LV.7 Nomad Mar 29, 2020, 11:03 AM

Shut the hell up you little shit bro up

• 4oursk!n LV.7 Nomad Mar 29, 2020, 11:03 AM

Grow up

• JDIZZLE LV.4 Lifeline Main Mar 30, 2020, 01:45 AM

All I hear is whining.

• IhateAshMains LV.3 Lurker Mar 30, 2020, 02:31 AM

Wow there was a lot of Salt in this Conversation

• Tachungus LV.24 Big Chungus Mar 30, 2020, 06:33 PM

I don't see how its toxic, usually people who stay in one place are dont get into as many fights with other squads so they'll usually have worse guns, less cash, less field upgrades and less killstreaks as they have a limited
    limited space to loot. I have never personally had a problem with any of these squads

or she

idk

• Charley Harry LV.1 Mootie Mar 28, 2020, 05:40 PM

how do ypu do that

• Dimply LV.2 Lurker Mar 30, 2020, 08:10 PM

Does anyone wanna grind camos with me

• JayMighty21 LV.11 Chief Mar 28, 2020, 01:26 AM
  • Preythehunter5 LV.2 Lurker Mar 28, 2020, 06:04 AM

hahahaha

• ¿llChaosll¿ LV.2 Lurker Mar 29, 2020, 09:59 AM

• Landon Sorenson LV.2 Lurker Mar 30, 2020, 05:03 AM

Bank, Bunkers, SuperStore and Bushes on outskirts.

• La rosario LV.11 Elite Four Mar 30, 2020, 08:17 AM

lol

• TripOverThis420 LV.20 Insomniac Mar 31, 2020, 05:31 AM

nice I hate the game in general so good luck to all you COD lovers still just being sheep to an awful game that was yet again pushed out too early.

• EZPZxSLIME LV.2 Lurker Mar 31, 2020, 08:02 AM

cod is perfect

Home