Funky Bunch Funky Bunch LV.21 Poppin’ Bottles!
Jan 10, 2019, 01:51 PM 9,141 read

Why planes are an awesome addition to Fortnite

Season 7 brought a lot of changes to the table but none of them have been more controversial than the plane. While I understand the community’s complaints about the new vehicles, I think they are an awesome addition to the game. Why?   Because planes make the game exciting.

A lot of us have been playing Fortnite for a long time, so it can be hard to put yourself in the shoes of a new player and remember what it was like when you first started playing. I was TERRIBLE at first, struggling just to loot some stuff and move to the next town before I inevitably died to a player or the storm. Even though I was bad (really bad) I still remember the excitement I had when I found my first legendary weapon. I felt like I finally had a fighting chance against the more experienced players, like I could finally hold my own and maybe - just maybe - get my first Victory Royale. Of course, it wouldn’t be until many games later when I finally did secure my first win, but that feeling of having a fighting chance, that feeling of “this could finally be the one” is really what drove me to keep playing and improve.   I’m sure many of you have fond memories of your early days with Fortnite and know the exact feeling I’m talking about. The thing is, Fortnite has changed a lot over its 7 seasons. Finding a legendary weapon just isn’t exciting anymore. But that doesn’t mean I want that feeling of excitement to go away, especially for newer players. Every new player thrives off that thrill of chasing their first win, the feeling that “this could be the one.” Planes let them do that.   Now to be clear, I’m not saying that a new player can ACTUALLY get a plane and use it to win a game. That’s just as absurd as me thinking I was gonna win the first time I picked up a Scar. The point is simply that it makes them believe that they can. It’s that very feeling that made us all fall in love with the game, and the reason we still play it today.

Comment 0

Home