DeadlygaleDeadlygaleLV.21GG
Dec 1, 2018, 08:11 AM2,516 read

Ninja blames terrible parents for kids' Fortnite addiction, and I agree

Before I go onto talking about how I agree with Ninja's opinion that parents are to blame for children getting addicted to video games, here's a link to my other post on a similar issue. This post is about how Fortnite is causing issues in classrooms. Video games are blamed for everything except for the actual causes of systemic issues.

Alright...Alright...Alright, now for my actual post. So just recently, Ninja responded to a Tweet by Bloomberg that was talking about children and Fortnite addiction. Ninja's response to the Tweet was about how it's not an issue with Fortnite, but it's an issue with bad parenting and how parent's show take away games from their children.   I absolutely agree with Ninja because video games shouldn't be the only focus when it comes to talking about gaming addiction. In the case of children, why aren't their parents being talked about? When I was younger, my parents would regularly take my video games away if I was using said video games to avoid doing important things.   On a side note, there's nothing inherently wrong with playing video games as long as it doesn't get in the way of getting things done.   The one thing that I do have to say is that the US has a problem with wanting to not blame parents for their childrens' actions. We all like to sit around on our armchairs and blame everyone except for ourselves. Video games aren't inherently problematic. Now, someone with mental health issues + video games, now there's a combo that can cause issues. I've been there before when I was younger (I was in college) and was feeling depressed. I ended up avoiding important things in my life because I spent a lot of time just playing video games instead of getting help and spending time with my friends. Parents have to be there for their children and get them the help that they need.   Let's stop blaming video games for every single problem. The same applies to blaming music, TV shows, literature, and movies. It's time to grow up America.

Comment 0

Home