NO NAME verified
Nov 4, 2018, 04:35 AM 3,111 read

REPOST: Why Fortnite died to me

Battle Royale

This is a repost because I feel like this post didn't really come through...   Before I start I wanna say that, after my kind of long break, I finally collected many Ideas and thoughts for some posts to share on this platform. I hope you'll like them and find them Interesting. Thanks :) And sorry for my probably bad grammar.     ⚠️⚠️WARNING! THIS IS ALL BASED ON MY OWN OPINION!⚠️⚠️   I started playing Fortnite over one year ago when Battle Royale wasn't even a thing in the game yet. Basically, Save the word only!   I had a lot of fun with PvE. I played it for hours every single day. A month or so later the Battle Royale mode came out without me even noticing the first time I logged in.   After a long play session of farming materials for my Storm Shield base, I noticed that there was a new button under Safe the World called: "Battle Royal". I clicked on it not expecting too much. I played one round and fell in love with it. It was something new... something fresh, not like these other Royal games (PUBG, H1Z1,...). It was bright, colourful and had some new mechanics like building Walls n' stuff.   Back then the game was not to hyped and it was fun because I was actually pretty good at it.   A week later the new mode came out for everyone to play for free. I told my friends about it and we had a great time. The game started growing in popularity and it began getting updated and improved almost every week on and on. It became better and better. New things were added. Unlockable stuff like the Makko glider and a new player icon. Also, the shop was added with items that you could buy with V-Bucks if you had reached a certain season level.   After a few weeks or months season 2 came out adding the Battle Pass to the game which I thought was a neat idea. I didn't get it though because I just wasn't ready paying money for some skins and dance emotes.   And just a few months later season 3 hit the scene introducing many more skins, emotes and Player icons. It wasn't too big of a thing for me though... I mean they added Tilted Towers the 2nd worst thing they have probably done yet.   Season 4 brought even more Skins, even more, emotes and new stuff like fall animations. Also, the meteor that was teased in season 3 didn't hit Tilted as it should have. It instead landed in the centre of the map and destroyed a bit of Dusty Depot and my favourite landing spot that I and my Friends called "Factory".   Also, building became an even bigger thing than before. In the beginning, only building a 1x1 fort was already impressive but now everyone started building like crazy, what kinda took some fun for me because it was not about who's the best shooter any more but more like who's the fastest builder. The game also started rising in popularity a lot-lot more. Twitch was (is) filled with it, YouTube was (is) full of "Omg undressing GF for every Kill", "Killing Ninja LMAO" and shit like that what annoyed me a lot. Especially when even my mother started asking questions about this "Fortnite" thing that her 1st graders (my moms a teacher) are talking about.   It even, for me ,ruined my favourite YouTuber, Muselk, who before Fortnite was famous for Tf2, my most loved game of all time, who now started click baiting Fortnite with millions and millions of views on every video.   But not only the whole Real life and social media thing started freaking out, the game got horrible new weapons and horrible new changes in general.   At this point, especially after season 5 an 6 I stopped playing the game for fun... only if my friends really wanted to.   In conclusio,n this means that I loved Fortnite with its "smaller" community, old weapons, old map, old Gameplay.   I hope this whole post is not to big of a mess and was readable even tho it's probably a little bit here and there but... yeah.   Anything to add or ask? Let me know.   Thanks

Comment 53

• NO NAME verified Nov 4, 2018, 09:13 AM

Nowadays you have to keep up with the META & what not, when I played fortnite a couple months back I forced myself to watch fortnite highlights cause I thought it would help me, and for certain it did. I just got to the stage where I couldn’t actually keep up, I just couldn’t deal with the repetitiveness of the game.

Back then, you know... season 2 or so, it was kind of enjoyable cause it wasn’t such a “race to the top”, because it was low levelled in the gaming industry and people played it casually I guess.

I’ve personally taken a break because of the new Halloween PVE that has been implemented into the BR version. I’m still also deciding whether I should quit or not too. Seeming as black ops 4 came out, I’m really enjoying it. I didn’t play bo3 because I felt like that was the game that killed my liking for black ops (at the time) because of the futuristic crap. Anyway, I don’t want to get into black ops here.

• NO NAME verified Nov 4, 2018, 09:14 AM

May I also add: I really enjoyed watching muselk too, because before the whole fortnite scene came around, overwatch was GOTY! Which was awesome. So yeah, I agree with you on the fact fortnite has taken away the enjoyment of watching some youtubers.

• NO NAME verified Nov 4, 2018, 09:28 AM

Nice to hear how you see it :D
    True, as games grows, players get more competetive.
    And Black Ops 4 is in my opinion a good cod especially after the last few instalments ( Infinite Warfare, WW2, Bo3 but not Advanced Warfare... i actually loved that one ). Bo4's Multiplayer is fun Zombies is great, as always, and Blackout is probably the best BattleRoyale game out there.

• KidFlash99 LV.2 Lurker Nov 5, 2018, 06:44 AM

Everyone is toxic and the game just isnt as fun as it used to be the map was colorful fun and noone was a full tryhard like now a days like back then if someone else got the gun they would drop it and u would dancd together and it was great but if you get knocked you will immediately get finished

• Ryan.FBR LV.22 GG Nov 6, 2018, 06:28 AM

Ehh, back then was when a lot of players first started playing so most players, the non experienced ones(which was most) weren’t very good but they were huge tryhards so I don’t think many people were willing to dance

• YouTube_Pandoohed LV.20 PlayStation Nov 6, 2018, 07:43 AM

Yea I agree ☝️ that’s makes so much since I also thought that to and also by the way xFury is he ok

• YouTube_Pandoohed LV.20 PlayStation Nov 6, 2018, 07:43 AM

Also stay strong ✊

• Ryan.FBR LV.22 GG Nov 6, 2018, 01:11 PM

Wait what

• NO NAME verified Nov 4, 2018, 10:40 AM

Do you wanna play fortnite

• Just Nathan LV.37 Master Nov 4, 2018, 11:40 AM

I kinda have the same feeling about Fortnite, but very different, i stop playing Fortnite, even if I want to, I'm not close to the my PlayStation... The reason I stop soon was because I don't want to waste my time with something that I try hard at and get nothing not even solo wins off of... There are other games out there, which I'm enjoying even when it's not release yet... I hope u find that game you'll keep enjoying, lots of things come and go, but the emotions you tend to stay...

• Ryan.FBR LV.22 GG Nov 6, 2018, 06:24 AM

You said weekly updates started season one, they actually started season 3. You said you fell in love with the game because you was a “different battle royal” not just based of shooting but based off this cool idea of building. You then went on to say you don’t like the game because it’s now not based of shooting it’s based of building. So do you want an average shooting br, or do you want the “different battle royal” that we have all come to enjoy for that reason. Most good players, or players who have put time and effort into the game like the how building is developing as it’s one way to counter a noob friendly mechanic or just rng. It takes skill which is why I think you just didn’t put much time into the game and you would agree with the more nooby side of the community( not saying your a noob what so ever). I agree with you mostly on your post, just some things I wanted to point out.

• Yoboyiivan ツ LV.16 Sage Nov 4, 2018, 10:31 PM

Facs low-key feel the same way

• </_Wasabi_\> LV.28 Try Hard Nov 4, 2018, 11:12 PM

I feel you dude I played when br just came out I also got the reaper pickaxe but I’m not mad it came out again I’m mad that every Hong is ruined with all the crap they add like they add balloons instead of fixing bugs and they add stupid new map changes if they would just fix the map or make a new one I would be happy

• Ryan.FBR LV.22 GG Nov 6, 2018, 06:32 AM

“I got the og reaper” says every other person. Most people who were willing to buy a pick axe for 10$ were willing to buys skins so I doubt you not only the reaper when it was released. Like bro this is the internet, no one gives af if your og or not... no need to lie, your not getting anything out of it

• </_Wasabi_\> LV.28 Try Hard Nov 6, 2018, 11:42 AM

I know I don’t need to lie I am og but I’m not taking pride in it becuase who cares yea I remember the old stuff does that make me cooler no but hey I can be happy I know you don’t believe I’m an og reaper cuz like you said “this is the internet” so hey I will be happy I had it when it was rare but hey the good old times yah know lol

• Ryan.FBR LV.22 GG Nov 6, 2018, 01:06 PM

Mmk

• </_Wasabi_\> LV.28 Try Hard Nov 7, 2018, 04:46 AM

I don’t want to start anything so yea

• Dgt PewPewPandaPower LV.16 Sage Nov 5, 2018, 12:38 AM

Yea it annoys me how manny people are on it’s hard fighting against everyone. I love it but it’s such a big community that new players have a hard time learning. Their are too many updates and new weapons, It’s kind of a mess.I like the game but I haven’t gotten a win in solos I mean your surviving 1 against 99 . if your a casual player who has other things to do then it becomes hard to keep up. Also How Do People Build So Fast

• Ryan.FBR LV.22 GG Nov 6, 2018, 06:33 AM

Why do u care about the new players. It great we have building its one way good player can counter noob friendly mechanics

• Yuquii LV.19 Nightmare Nov 5, 2018, 01:42 AM

I guess your just dog shit at the game

• NO NAME verified Nov 5, 2018, 02:41 AM

lol

• NO NAME verified Nov 5, 2018, 01:26 PM

A bunch of good players quit this game

• Dry Frosties LV.4 Lurker Nov 5, 2018, 02:01 AM

So true

• DontGetNext LV.2 Lurker Nov 5, 2018, 05:35 AM

Game seemed like it died down a bit once black ops 4 came out, because now people are playing blackout, fortnite used to be fun to me & I have 40+ skins now I only play when theres nothing left to play lmao

• NO NAME verified Nov 5, 2018, 01:26 PM

Blackops got boring in like a week. I play fort and red dead 2

• NO NAME verified Nov 5, 2018, 01:25 PM

You do realize during the event Fortnite had over 1 million views on twitch live

• RyanHitz LV.11 PlayStation Nov 5, 2018, 10:16 PM

1.2 mil😤💯

• GamingPro147 LV.1 Mootie Nov 6, 2018, 07:05 AM

I liked fortnite back in season 1 also. Do you remember the old scar sound?

• Rastapurple420 LV.23 Good Leader Nov 6, 2018, 01:43 PM

For a whole month I couldnt play during season 4 so I feel you on that . hand in there fam.

• RaiinbowDash LV.21 Shadow Nov 8, 2018, 07:36 PM

Season 5 was good, way better than season 3&4, but after they removed the drum gun and changed all the other stuff after that, it makes no fun at all. Season 6 basically destroyed fortnite, not only for me but also for my friends

• gamer971403462 LV.1 Mootie Nov 12, 2018, 02:51 PM

Agreed but I still play it lol

Home