McSmigglesworth McSmigglesworth LV.29 Mod
Apr 12, 2019, 09:26 PM 2,116 read

Is fortnite running out of ideas?

Battle Royale

In all honesty, fortnite has been a copy cat game since its battle royal birth. The original “save the world” title didn’t do well and the company pivoted to make a Battle royal in hopes to save its game (and by god did it ever!) I actually enjoyed save the world when it launched. I just couldn’t get friends to play it. It was a dope crafting, hoard survival mode.

Fortnite: Battle Royale - Is fortnite running out of ideas? image 2

But at that time, the only popular BR was Pubg. It was popping back then! So many people were playing it. Fortnite noticed the opportunity for competition and hopped on the hype train.

Fortnite: Battle Royale - Is fortnite running out of ideas? image 4

The original fortnite has SO many mechanics stolen straight from pubg with little to no innovation. From the drop in, to the kill zone storm, the guns, items, equipment. All kinds of stuff! Season 1 was bare minimum. The most innovative thing I’ve noticed was their cosmetic game. It’s too tier. No other game out there has an art/ design department like they do. It’s nuts. They crank new ideas out all the time because it’s the bread winner. It’s what racks in the dough! It’s smart.

Fortnite: Battle Royale - Is fortnite running out of ideas? image 6

But within the game itself...for instance the revive buses, that is straight out of Apex Legends. Added Only to compete with that feature instead of innovating and doing something unique. The explosive bow is from a call of duty characters ultimate ability.

Fortnite: Battle Royale - Is fortnite running out of ideas? image 8

Fortnite: Battle Royale - Is fortnite running out of ideas? image 10

Fortnite: Battle Royale - Is fortnite running out of ideas? image 12

Fortnite: Battle Royale - Is fortnite running out of ideas? image 14

Don’t get all butt hurt you Stans. All I ask is that you look at the features within the battle royal of fortnite and see where the ideas originated from. It’s just lazy design in my opinion and a desperate grab to the audience to try and retain its player base. -In order to keep fortnite at the top for a little longer, they need to stick with a story with their evolving map like they were doing. Capture curiosity with that and Easter eggs. -From that, stop changing the game mechanics and attempting to balance it. The game was fun and people were mad happy. Now they are big mad cause it doesn’t play like it use to. -They need to focus on actual bugs in the game like getting shot through walls and shit. -innovate innovate innovate. Get creative with the weapon adds and equipment. Make unique LTMs and add-ins. Like the shopping cart lol. - play to the games strengths and listen to the players. Maybe even add something different to the building! A new material or maybe a different edit. Idk. Just my thoughts. Notice anything else ripped off? Disagree with the wizard? Tell me all about it in the comments below! Discuss discuss discuss! Wizard out.

Fortnite: Battle Royale - Is fortnite running out of ideas? image 16

Comment 67

• eGod XCII LV.22 Xbox Apr 12, 2019, 09:29 PM

I agree with everything you just said in this post 😂

• Nerd verified LV.28 Nightmare Apr 12, 2019, 10:04 PM

I dont think they are running out of idea's and i don't think its a copy cat game. Every game just copy cats another it's bound to happen there was Minecract Hunger Games , H1Z1 , PUBG and now fortnite they all copied eachother. The reason fortnite is bigger is because there's so many BR games but fortnite does it better more interesting and has great devs and artwork.

• RewardedPort58 LV.23 Clearly Hacking Apr 12, 2019, 10:13 PM

Minecraft hunger games was before though

• RewardedPort58 LV.23 Clearly Hacking Apr 12, 2019, 10:13 PM

Also most people played Fortnite because it was free and who doesn’t want to play a free game with a good art team

• TechTonic2000 LV.1 Mootie Apr 18, 2019, 10:06 AM

Only reason I played the ditto battle royale

• Disabl3dDolphin LV.4 Creeper Apr 12, 2019, 09:35 PM

I agree

• XdasAlpha verified LV.31 Wolf Apr 12, 2019, 10:38 PM

How come it's always Fortnite copied this, or Fortnite copied that. Other games copied each other and it's OK but not when Fortnite does it.

Yes they get ideas from other games and implement it in their game, but it usually makes the game better so why is that a problem. We all want for the game we love playing to get better right?

Apex got the launch pad form Fortnite right? So why is this a problem when a game gets an idea from other games.

Either way if a game is getting better off of other ideas why is this a problem. Games have to adapt you could apply the theory of evolution in a way.

And I don't see how the bow really originates from call of duty when many other games has had an explosive bow before this.

Great post

• McSmigglesworth LV.29 Mod Apr 12, 2019, 10:53 PM

Great points xdas!

It was just some examples I could think of at the time.

You’re correct about games copying ideas from one another. It’s been a thing for awhile.
    I suppose I hold fortnite to a higher standard for it being literally at the top of the gaming industry for quite some time now.
    Idk if any game has held the top spot for as long as fortnite has.

And with the amount of money they made, I just would think they would lead in innovation rather than ripping ideas.

But you’re not wrong in making the game more fun with ideas being implemented from other games.

• XdasAlpha verified LV.31 Wolf Apr 12, 2019, 11:03 PM

The fact is when another game does it people don't seem to care.

People won't let others enjoy the games they love without hate coming towards them because of a simple opinions.

Their shouldn't be so much hate between people over simple opinions.

Like I said above the game creators kind of apply Darwin's theory of evolution. A game has to adapt to survive but some people won't ever see this. 🤷

• McSmigglesworth LV.29 Mod Apr 12, 2019, 11:09 PM

It’s a relevance thing.

If a celebrity spanks a child, it’s child abuse and the world goes crazy. Accusations everywhere. News and media outlets get ahold of it.

But if a common person spanks their child, people just turn their head. Probably say the child was bad and needed a spanking.

When something has major market share and is in the spotlight, it becomes an easy target and used as an example because it’s relevant.

No one wants to read how realm royal ripped an idea. They are not as relevant as fortnite right now.

• XdasAlpha verified LV.31 Wolf Apr 12, 2019, 11:11 PM

And this is what causes problems in the real world

• Shadowking27 LV.3 Lurker Apr 23, 2019, 02:38 AM

Not neccesarily because if you think about it you are saying that a normal person is above the law so instead just think of it this way if fortnite copies one game then they are immediately a copy cat but if you really think about it all games have copied each other but just because you have a bigger spotlight on you doesn't mean that they should be held to a higher standard thats like saying that a celebrity should be held to a higher standard than a average person because if you go deep into br history every single game copied the game before it is just how games work even movies do the same thing there is not one game that you could name that has not copied another game also it might not even be copying it could just be inspiration like with the reboot van they their little cartoony spin on it so fortnite didn't copy they may be inspired by other games.

• Vumple LV.22 Mirage Main Apr 26, 2019, 07:01 AM

Alright. The first half of that comment is literally what he said. People with big reputations will be targeted more, that is a fact.

The inspiration part I do not agree with. Fortnite added it in and put no twist on it whatsoever (besides the pistol on spawn, but don’t forget that almost every respawn beacon in Apex has supply crates next to it for an easy gun). What you do is go to their dead corpse or loot area and pick up a card that you can take to a respawn beacon. There is no difference in fortnite when I comes to respawn.

• RewardedPort58 LV.23 Clearly Hacking Apr 12, 2019, 10:11 PM

Save the World is actually Fortnite, battle royale isn’t, it was just a gamemode to boost sales with the success of Pubg.

• PlasmaSnipez LV.6 Nomad Apr 22, 2019, 04:33 AM

You are right

• Cryosphere LV.22 Insomniac Apr 12, 2019, 11:02 PM

I couldn't agree more. I hate unoriginality, and especially plagiarism. I lost any and all respect for Epic Games when they "won" the lawsuit about their blatant and unapologetic theft of original dance choreography. If they stopped changing the meta every other week and actually put in the work to make a good game, maybe it would be more than just the most popular 'free' game.

• ObliviousRex verified LV.34 Mod Apr 13, 2019, 12:02 AM

The only bit I disagree with is that their constant shifting of the game is a large part of what sustains it. If people don’t keep playing, the meta can shift enough that they’ll be left too far behind the curve. Weapon adjustments and constant shifts in style allow them to bolster their numbers, similar to their cosmetics game forcing players to stay active.

• GangsterNowDave LV.13 Chief Apr 13, 2019, 12:31 AM

Nice post. Yea a lot of games copy each other, but for me when Fortnite took the ping system from apex and literally kept the same sound for it.. I lost some respect for Fortnite. The thing that makes Fortnite so fun is the building aspect and the fact it doesn’t feel like every other generic first person shooter game. I like the idea of a new material for building, but what would it be and would that really do anything for overall playability? What I dislike is every time I log in, the game feels different. The way the aim works most notably, but recently it seems too zoomed in. Not to mention the addition of dumb items and the removal of good ones. I have had some fun with save the world, but as far as zombie games go, it leaves a lot to be desired.

• Raidenlulz LV.1 Mootie Apr 19, 2019, 11:15 PM

I agree with most of what you said but why did you lose respect because they introduced ping system? It's a really good feature that any BR should have imo to make coms better

• Mixer.com/VapR_RIOT LV.4 Good Builder Apr 15, 2019, 11:25 AM

Yes and no because most of the ideas they get are from users but they also think of their own sometimes

• Jerold LV.25 Try Hard Apr 12, 2019, 09:55 PM

Well said 👍

• McSmigglesworth LV.29 Mod Apr 12, 2019, 10:18 PM

Good discussion comments mooters! Keep up the classy comments. Proud of you.

• Beef Baby 2 LV.28 Let’s play GTA! Apr 12, 2019, 10:48 PM

This is top notch facts. I agree. Fortnite is running out of ideas and now they are just stealing ideas, left and right. I have a good idea for them: stop stealing things, be original and give people free vbucks, at least 5,000 vbucks for every person.

• McSmigglesworth LV.29 Mod Apr 12, 2019, 10:53 PM

Lollll

• Yt_dillion20195 LV.2 Lurker Apr 13, 2019, 09:03 PM

They won't give you free vbucks they would lose money also let's talk about how Apex stole fortnite lunch pad and how every game takes ideas to make it's game better you think fortnite just copy's this and that every game has copy's something it just a fact when GTA was top game no one was going and saying they are copying that gun or that car so if you think they are copying other games then don't play it better yet make a game show me the game and I will point out everything that was a copy from a nother game also if you want vbucks purchase some👌👌😂🔥

• Shadowking27 LV.3 Lurker Apr 23, 2019, 02:41 AM

That is $50 dollars to their whole player base even to people who have over 100 thousand how would that help????

• ChrisThePhotographer LV.16 Made in America Apr 13, 2019, 01:49 AM

The only reason why fortnite added the respawn van was because people were complaining about how apex legends had it and fortnite didn't, and it's not fair to say they stole the idea of battle royal from pubg because it was a Japanese movie and it was a book before both of them came out so I'm just saying it's not fair to say fortnite stole all of these ideas from other games (especially weapons because all games base their weapons off if real life weapons)

• Datboiburger LV.6 Nomad Apr 13, 2019, 01:33 PM

Are you stupid or stupid?

• ChrisThePhotographer LV.16 Made in America Apr 13, 2019, 01:38 PM

Stupid 😂

• xX MiniKnot Xx LV.4 Lurker Apr 13, 2019, 02:38 AM

I want to know why save the world isn't released yet it's been almost over 1/2 of a year since the game was released.

• Sirn8ck LV.4 Lurker Apr 14, 2019, 05:08 AM

I didnt even know about the revive bus wow straight outta Apex it's really sad I lost all respect for epic games I agree with all u said I csnt believe it went from gears of war 2 this it's just sad if u think about it

• Shadowking27 LV.3 Lurker Apr 23, 2019, 02:48 AM

There are differences and people were mad about fortnite not having a revival system so they inputed in the game and also most of the other stuff was just inspiration INSPIRATION not copying

• Shadowking27 LV.3 Lurker Apr 23, 2019, 02:49 AM

If no one got inspiration from other games or other people more than half of all games features would be gone if not the whole game entirely so you can say that inspiration is copyright but I disagree

Home