Ratman verified LV.21 Wizard
Oct 19, 2020, 03:21 AM 1,348 read

Why Returning to The Old Fortnite Map Wouldn't Be A Great Idea

Fortnite: General - Why Returning to The Old Fortnite Map Wouldn't Be A Great Idea image 1

Speculations have run wild about what is going on with Tony Stark and the Battle Bus. I cover a few theories on what that could mean here:  

Fortnite: General - Why Returning to The Old Fortnite Map Wouldn't Be A Great Idea image 3

So...what IF the island is blow up, destroyed somehow, or Tony and gang introduce time travel and take us back to the old map? What does that mean for players? Is that a good idea? In the Ratman’s eyes, it’s a hard pass.

Fortnite: General - Why Returning to The Old Fortnite Map Wouldn't Be A Great Idea image 5

I believe it would be a poor idea for several reasons. For starters, it lacks imagination! I know, you guys are tired of me criticizing Epic about creativity and lacking imagination, but this would feel like a total cop-out of creating something new.   As a player, I would prefer to see new and fresh POI ideas instead. I loved the old map as much as any other early player, and have many fond memories of it. However, there have already been so many variations of it, it would seem pointless. Would we go back to a map with or without Tilted? What about the other fan favorites like Loot Lake or Lonely Lodge?   If we did go back and some of the OG landing spots weren’t available, players would be frustrated. Lastly, if the map reverts, it would feel like we went through all of these seasons with storylines progressing, only to end up back to square one. It would feel very unsatisfying. None of the previous events or concepts will have mattered, essentially erasing the importance of each event.

Fortnite: General - Why Returning to The Old Fortnite Map Wouldn't Be A Great Idea image 7

I don’t know about everyone else, but three years of a progressing story, evolving map, and more only to go back to the beginning seems redundant to me. I would love to know your thoughts on this - Do you think we will get another season with the old map? If we did, would you be excited or bummed?  

Comment 36

• sTil_Spyder LV.19 Bamboozled Oct 19, 2020, 04:37 AM

I get where you’re coming from but personally I just can’t stand the new map at all, I don’t know why but it seems so damn tedious to explore the new map over and over again cause I don’t play Fortnite that much anymore cause all of it just got complicated out of nowhere. So I think they should revert to the old map but with certain points of the current map like in Season X/10, at least I think they did that. So having a bit of both worlds would feel super nice and we could have a bunch of things that happened throughout Fortnite and are all on the map. So that might not have made much sense to you so let me explain it. Tony Stark/Iron Man invents time travel, like in Endgame, and the event is that we go back in time but a side effect occurs that makes it so when we go back in time the new map destroys a part of the old map so we have 50% of the old map and 50% of the new map, so we get a culmination of a bunch of places/PoIs that we already know like Pleasant Park, Loot Lake, possibly Tilted Towers, and others, so players that like the new map can go to those PoIs and player that like the old map, like me, can go to the old/OG PoIs. Also yes it is Point of Interest without the “of” being capitalized because any words that are 2 or 3 letters long, in an abbreviation or whatever, aren’t supposed to be capitalized. Thank you for listening to my Ted Talk and have a great day

• Ratman verified LV.21 Wizard Oct 20, 2020, 09:29 AM

Super cool thought! You have a great day too!

• salumander LV.19 Dream Chaser Oct 19, 2020, 08:37 AM

I think that would be one very creative way to bring back the old map. And that “old map” was around a lot longer than any of the new ones. I think it would great to play it again. You would think that too, if you actually did love it “as much as any other player”.

I think you should be able to see that changing the map, if its done the way you’re proposing it might be done, would be easily undone. It could be temporary and not change all of that story progression you’ve mentioned. It could also change a key event, creating an alternate future to return to. I think there is a lot of potential here.

In the salumander’s eyes, you have a very closed mind. 🤣🤣🤣

• Ratman verified LV.21 Wizard Oct 20, 2020, 09:28 AM

If it doesn't set back storylines I won't be salty, lol.

• Forsaken Goron LV.9 Nomad Oct 22, 2020, 07:18 AM

Maybe epic could have the story progress a different way by some characters stopping points in time and seeing the alternate path that time could have gone.

• YeeterMoose LV.12 Steve Oct 19, 2020, 11:16 PM

I think that with Fortnite as it is currently in season 13 that we should keep going ahead instead of regressing back onto known ground. The point is that I think that the Fortnite map should never go back on itself.

• Fortnite Pro LV.2 Lurker Oct 22, 2020, 11:12 PM

• Mc.Cookiezツ LV.4 Lurker Oct 19, 2020, 06:56 AM

True it’s not a good idea

• BigTrickShotz LV.20 S Oct 19, 2020, 12:57 PM

im posting this comment for quest

• Lebox LV.12 Clearly Hacking Oct 19, 2020, 09:22 PM

C

• GWS 2007 LV.27 Link Oct 20, 2020, 05:58 AM

It would suck. And I bet as soon as we go back (if we were) everyone would be like bRiNg BaCk ThE cHaPtEr TwO mAp. And here I am like you asked for the other map. You asked for this one. Accept it already. This community is never satisfied with Epic.

• Tobbelito1997 LV.5 Lurker Oct 19, 2020, 03:23 PM

tru

• Proday12345 LV.1 Mootie Oct 20, 2020, 12:57 AM

Thats cool dude

• aaronthenoob LV.16 Big Chungus Oct 20, 2020, 01:18 AM

c

• DRAINED_DESTIOR LV.12 Chief Oct 20, 2020, 02:31 AM

cool posts. i wish for mor

• gamer522878044 LV.1 Mootie Oct 20, 2020, 04:24 AM

Hey

• Agent_blaze133 LV.16 You're a Bot Oct 20, 2020, 08:32 AM

good thought

• gamer593257284 LV.2 Lurker Oct 20, 2020, 11:21 AM

Foernosbak do a pic naiabodbsobsnakbis snow so woman’s did he. So show ieosaklsnsdid is k condos of sj sod odboodndoddid is idhixbdbdjdnjd so did s sjidvdusixhdiiidojxb did dish’s

Home