Ratman verified LV.21 Wizard
Mar 21, 2020, 05:43 AM 272 read

Paige’s Pointers: What Are The Best Fortnite Weapons For Newbies?

Fortnite: General - Paige’s Pointers: What Are The Best Fortnite Weapons For Newbies?  image 1

Hiya folks, thanks for tuning in to this week’s Paige’s Pointers. Today I’m going to talk to you about weapons. Going into Fortnite, I was a complete and total newbie to shooting games. I didn’t know what the difference between an AR or an SMG was. After a year’s worth of gameplay, I’m proud to say I have a better understanding of weapons in the Fortnite realm. 🌎 One of the most daunting tasks for me as a new player was figuring out what weapon I was the most comfortable with. Eventually, I figured out the Drum Shotgun was my favorite. Sadly, it is vaulted now and only lives on in my memories. I’ve compiled a list of some of the easier to use weapons currently available in-game. My number one suggestion is to get used to the Tactical Shotgun as soon as possible. It is great for close combat and is relatively easy to use. They are also not difficult to get your hands on. SMGs were one of the first guns I tried and loved. Currently, I don’t like them as much as I used to, but they are still useful! Don’t forget to hit that reload button or you’ll find yourself in trouble. Mini-guns are great if you aren’t trying to be sneaky. This is one of my favorite guns to use in Battle Royale Team Rumble. It quickly knocks builds down and brings foes to their knees.

Fortnite: General - Paige’s Pointers: What Are The Best Fortnite Weapons For Newbies?  image 3

Rocket launchers 🚀 have proven to be lifesavers for me, numerous times. They are very simple to figure out. Don’t forget to make sure you have enough ammo to make this weapon useful. There are two types of valuable explosives in the game that I would recommend to new players. First, I would suggest regular grenades. 💥 You can carry up to 6 at a time and they are a no-brainer to use. In the first week of playing, I made sure to always have grenades on me. Next, I would say that the new decoy grenades are must-carry. Throw one and clone yourself for a distraction, then make a smooth getaway. Personally, one of my favorite weapons is currently the AR, but when I was just starting out I couldn’t quite get the hang of it. Maybe it had to do with the smaller sights.

Fortnite: General - Paige’s Pointers: What Are The Best Fortnite Weapons For Newbies?  image 5

There are a few weapons I would avoid as a beginner, as well. There’s nothing actually wrong with the 🩹 Bandage Bazooka, other than it being incredibly loud and giving away your location to opponents. It also takes up two slots, which could be better utilized. Sniper guns are another great weapon, but take time to perfect. I would advise picking one up and practicing with it in Team Rumble before Squads or Solos. Drop on top of some tree-tops and put your skills to the test! Pump Shotguns could be very frustrating for someone just starting out. I hate them. With every fiber in my being, I curse the Pump Shotgun.

Fortnite: General - Paige’s Pointers: What Are The Best Fortnite Weapons For Newbies?  image 7

One more weapon I wouldn’t suggest would have to be the 🔥 C-4. It’s very easy to detonate and self-destruct. Speaking from experience here, unfortunately. Do any seasoned pros out there have weapon advice for new players? Let me know in the comments!

Comment 14

• TacticalYeet LV.14 Big Chungus Mar 26, 2020, 04:48 AM

First of all, the pump is the best shotgun, not the drum shotgun. And if, as a noob, you chose the drum shotgun, then you must have joined in like season 9. And I used to be a noob until I went into playground mode and just practiced my building until I was better. Another thing is good sensitivity. I keep my aim sensitivity on 6 and my look sensitivity on 7. Keep a medium sensitivity on scopes because quick scoping requires that. Another good gun for noobs is the heavy sniper. It barely requires any skill and can one shot enemies very easily. Having a high sensitivity on your pickaxe will help you win almost any pickaxe fight. And do NOT rush to buy skins, because the only skins more threatening than a default are the Recon Expert and the Renegade Raider. If you are new to the game, try jumping off the bus after players have jumped. Land at places like Weeping Woods, Slurpy Swamp, and Holly Hedges. These are great places to start out, with great loot, Slurpy Swamp can heal you, so it's great for noobs. And Holly Hedges will prepare you for suburban hot drops, like Pleasent Park or Salty Springs. If you do land at any of these places, land on the roof tops. And remember that pumps do best on headshots.

• Skennedy LV.1 Mootie Mar 26, 2020, 11:46 PM

damn cuh. bruh typin an essay on what to do and what not to do. mannnnn livin like a g

• TacticalYeet LV.14 Big Chungus Apr 20, 2020, 05:09 AM

LOL

• Ratman verified LV.21 Wizard Mar 28, 2020, 01:39 AM

My issue with the pump is that I’m not fast enough or accurate enough to use it properly. That’s why I would not recommend it to new players. I agree with the skins advice for sure! Lots of good info in this comment! :)

• Sir_RyanYT LV.15 JUST SEND IT Mar 21, 2020, 04:46 PM

definitely tacs smgs rpgs

• SpearMint FN on yt LV.5 Lurker Mar 26, 2020, 12:02 AM

I would definitely stay away from the boom bow it’s range is awful and the hit damage doesn’t seem the same

• Ty SixFour ΞΔ´ verified LV.34 Mod Mar 21, 2020, 05:53 AM

I’m not a pro or anywhere near one but I suggest not using the C4s , that’s all.

😂

• Ratman verified LV.21 Wizard Mar 21, 2020, 05:57 AM

Yeah. Definitely agree with you there haha.

• Skullkidfan verified LV.35 Master Mar 26, 2020, 09:06 AM

combat shotgun would be good, if it was in the game

• gnn LV.3 Creeper Mar 26, 2020, 04:20 AM

Yerrr

• YaaaboyyGamer01 LV.4 Fearless Mar 26, 2020, 12:22 PM

default pistol

• gnn LV.3 Creeper Mar 26, 2020, 08:47 PM

Yerrrr f4f

• Controller Gio LV.4 Lurker Mar 27, 2020, 01:47 AM

cool

• gnn LV.3 Creeper Mar 27, 2020, 02:26 AM

Yerrr follow me plz