Big ouch LV.3 Lurker
Jun 14, 2019, 10:22 AM 952 read

Comment 11

• Silvanicous LV.2 Lurker Jun 14, 2019, 12:53 PM

I'm curious to know if you looked at my posts on Reddit about Planet Master to help with your wiki? https://www.reddit.com/r/planetmaster/comments/7gayxt/all_i_know_about_planet_master/

• Silvanicous LV.2 Lurker Jun 14, 2019, 12:54 PM

I'm the only person I know to have beaten it. i thought i was all alone playing that game hahah.

• Big ouch LV.3 Lurker Jun 14, 2019, 12:58 PM

I'm not huge fan of idle games. I think over the two and a half years I played I only gotten to the 9th galaxy? I was thinking of try add information after I most of Stella Maiden completed. I'll probably index it later, unless you're willing to some of it.

• Big ouch LV.3 Lurker Jun 14, 2019, 01:00 PM

I still have the game installed incase I need to use some the games asset's.

• Silvanicous LV.2 Lurker Jun 14, 2019, 01:02 PM

Haha. if you accomplished in that game what I had, you would realize it's anything but an idol game. I had to spend a crap ton of ingame resources and all of my free time for 2 weeks after building my account for a year to beat it.

• Big ouch LV.3 Lurker Jun 14, 2019, 01:10 PM

I don't see how this isn't and Idle game. As progress is gated on how much resources you can make in a given time.

• Silvanicous LV.2 Lurker Jun 14, 2019, 02:32 PM

the problem is that blowing up ships provides significantly more resources than idling. Anyone who idles won't get anywhere in that game. You have to blow up 210 motherships within a 2 week period to beat it.

• Big ouch LV.3 Lurker Jun 14, 2019, 03:03 PM

Obviously, you'll progess faster if you actively interact with the game compared to doesn't. You played different types idle games before right? A Dark Room, Candy Box (1&2), Crank, Kittens Game, Idling to Rule the Gods. Just to name a few.

• Silvanicous LV.2 Lurker Jun 14, 2019, 03:59 PM

Yes, but the catch is, interacting with those makes the idling process faster/more productive. Unlocking the planets to let them slowly gain resources is not what the game is about at all. There is no in game mechanic to idol and ship hunt. I consider planet master to be a tapper/hunting game.

• Big ouch LV.3 Lurker Jun 14, 2019, 04:34 PM

I don't think you know what you're talking about. unlocking, upgrading Planets, and Idling is literally the game's core mechanics. You don't even have to interact with enemies majority of the time to progress.

• Silvanicous LV.2 Lurker Jun 15, 2019, 05:17 AM

That's the thing. You think the progression is based on mining the planets, but it's just a very small fraction of the game. Story progression is done through battling Motherships. Idling does nothing for that goal. Other games like Tap Titans you will progress while you're away. Once you have unlocked all the planets the game is far from over, you are actually at the base of the mountain. Progression from that point forward is 100% player interaction. You need to destroy ships in order to destroy battleships in order to bypass the quesar gate summoning time or finishing the game is impossible. Your progression on that goal is gated by how much damage you do, which is gated by gas, which is only obtained by destroying ships. You also need to destroy battleships/motherships in order to start obtaining the gatcha system, which will ease your progression at the cost of using your resources needed to reach the end goal.

Home