LinkR3 LV.2 Lurker
Oct 13, 2021, 03:59 AM 349 read

Lupin Ignition Core Advice

TIPS

I recently got Lupin +2 and I have the following cores: -Amp DEF, Amp AGL, Amp CRT -Amp AGL, Amp DEF, Amp DEF -Amp AGL, Amp DEF, AGL   She's gonna be my main unit (along with a attacker of course) for world boss and ragna break, so I'm focusing on those modes (I don't need her to PvP). Which core do you think is more ideal to Lupin or should I wait for a different core.... Thanks!

DESTINY CHILD: TIPS - Lupin Ignition Core Advice image 2

Comment 16

• Gatsu86 LV.24 Champion Oct 13, 2021, 04:09 AM

The “amp agi with 2x amp def” core (2*) is the best for her between those 3, but in general a Def core with white sub stats is more useful for supporters and debuffers.

For example if you have a Amp def + 2x HP or another one with white agi + hp (or 2x agi) as sub stats can be more helpful in events.

Another option could be waiting for an amp core (agi/crt/atk) with 2x Amp Def if you want extra defense.

It is up to you, I in general give any def core or any core with sub amp def to non-attackers childs and save the best one for attackers.

Cheers. :)

• LinkR3 LV.2 Lurker Oct 13, 2021, 04:22 AM

The second one has 2x Amp Def (+600 total) and Amp Agl (+400 total)... so that isn't good? According to what you said

• Gatsu86 LV.24 Champion Oct 13, 2021, 05:52 AM

Ah yes, sorry. I didn’t realize that core has 2x def amp… I thought it was a normal amp agi + amp def.. ops my bad. :)

Ps. I edited my previous message to correct the first part.

• Toeknee LV.23 Warrior Oct 13, 2021, 06:57 AM

I'd go with the amp DEF core in this case.

Sure amp def 600 on 2nd core is nice but it's overkill and the day a WB or raid supporter needs that much defense, is the day no one wins. Simply not happening.

That being said it doesn't hurt when a Lupin with sufficient defense can hit for 7,000 or so every now and then. That makes her slightly more useful than a version that can't hit as hard.

That Def core is okay for Devil Rumble, so, you'll still have a flexible Lupin even for PvP.

2nd core. Better for defender.

3rd core. Probably fine for a wb regular, but no good in my opinion, I'd use it as fodder.

• LinkR3 LV.2 Lurker Oct 13, 2021, 11:21 AM

According to the previous repplies you recommend amp DEF (first core)....
    Well I have three amp DEF cores and maybe one of those is better I don't know,... Could you tell me which one is better of those?:

-Amp DEF, Amp AGL, Amp CRT
    -Amp DEF, DEF, DEF
    -Amp DEF, DEF, AGL

or even then the first one is better (like I said I want to use it mostly for World Boss and Ragna Break)....

• Toeknee LV.23 Warrior Oct 14, 2021, 02:17 AM

- Amp DEF, Amp AGL, Amp CRT is the good one for your Lupin and I'll explain my perspective.

First the other two DEF cores, I'd 100% give those to a Defender ( If they are AMP DEF ), one who will taunt with reflect like Athena and some others.

Back to Lupin....

For example. My Lupin has a DEF Core

-amp DEF 400
    -amp AGL 300

I use her in PvP and of course all bosses.

In Boss battles she doesn't die.

In PvP she can do up to 7k or more damage per hit, and when ignited she hits twice, so make that 14k.

No Lupin isn't an attacker, but in my party set up, when the attackers are dead, Lupin is the next highest damage dealer. She hits pretty hard for a supporter, and your Lupin will be stronger than mine with the DEF/AGL/CRT.

If you use DEF DEF DEF.... Your Lupin will take a lot of abuse, I think 30% more for every 100 amp def. This is way too much and, please, give that DEF DEF DEF to a PvP defender who can taunt with reflect. Ymir, Athena, someone like them.

Lupin and every other supporter, debuffer and healer. A Defense core with 300 amp DEF is all you need.

IF we were required to use more amplified defense, that would be dumb considering obtaining a core with two amplified DEF stats.... Doesn't exactly happen too often in any given year.

From the time you see more than 1 AMP DEF, give it to defender.

Of those 3 DEF cores you just showed me, the first one is better to give to Lupin.

Here's a screenshot of my Lupin scoring a critical hit from a previous raid. She has 300 AMP DEF. You can watch all my videos with Lupin in there, to see how she performs amplified, while your Lupin will be destined to hit harder than mine considering she can have that amp CRT.

As a reminder when it comes to healers, Supporters, and Debuffers. We want them to have amp defense. 400 preferably. 300 is probably okay too. The other stats that come on the same core are simply better to have than not have, while overkilling the defense for a unit that will often be ignored in any battle. Not a good idea.

But yes, for a supporter, Lupin can hit pretty hard.

• Toeknee LV.23 Warrior Oct 14, 2021, 02:34 AM

Ignition cores are basically the same. The difference between them is it's initial status.

If you use a DEF core, then by default amp def will max out to 400.

Same with ATK core, the amp ATK will max out to 400. And so on for them all.

When it comes to amplified ATK, CRT, and AGL....

....We only care about the attacker having these 3 stats. For other classes, amplified ATK,CRT,AGL comes 2nd to amplified def because these 3 amp stats has to do with damage output.

AMP AGL these days is what you'll want your raid attacker to have. I once wrote a thread concerned about not being able to 1 shot a raid boss with a good party. As it turned out I ended up overriding Hildr so she can have amp AGL and that made all the difference.

• LinkR3 LV.2 Lurker Oct 14, 2021, 05:05 AM

Wow, thanks for your complete explanation ;)

From what you said in Raid Boss you override an ATK core to AGL? I'd like to one shot too....

• Toeknee LV.23 Warrior Oct 14, 2021, 07:03 AM

Well the idea is to not have to override a core at all, but at the time I had to do it cause my attacker lacked amp AGL, which seems to be a very important attribute for our raid attackers to have.

When we override it just changes the initial core, which is the only core that matters.

Your first question was narrowed down to just Lupin but we wrote about that same core recently. My personal take is it's a good PvP core for attacker. My Eve has amp def 300 and it shows in the amount of abuse she can handle, and she can still 1 shot 3 opponents at a time with a critical attack, ( depending if the target is a defender or not )

My Eve's core is an ATK core with amp def.

- 400 amp atk
    - 300 amp def

No amp crt/agl. For this reason My Eve won't be her best in boss battles. Such was the case with my Virupa, neither her or Eve would 1 shot the raid boss, so last fire raid I had to use 2 attackers to 1 shot the boss.

You can see the stats of the above here.
    https://moot.us/lounges/73/boards/402/posts/5413800/kalaratri-raid-with-duel-attackers

I won't override Eve anytime soon because I like how she survives PvP to drop a 2nd or 3rd dose of bust ass, while my other pvp attackers drop like flies if the opponent makes my team retarded and the battle doesn't end soon.

For attacker the core you want most has Amplified CRT/ATK/AGL.

It doesn't really matter which of the 3 cores it is, that just determines which amp stat will be the highest.

EDIT: That time I override Hildr's core, it was to add CRT to an existing amplified ATK AGL set up.

You can read about it here, and the solution is in the post.

https://moot.us/lounges/73/boards/289/posts/5404715/awesome-last-of-us-man-video-update

Also, this post in the above link is life changing. ( See image )

• Danbo de Piano LV.27 Bamboozled Oct 13, 2021, 12:03 PM

I'd save it he onyx and keep cores banked for now and focus on getting her uncaps to. +6 then slam her skill tree to tier7/10 asap , stick her in HOR And start feeding. it to get. her copies out faster etc just a counter point option to consider ,it's what I'd do at least I. this scenario
    good 🤞 luck

• LinkR3 LV.2 Lurker Oct 13, 2021, 01:57 PM

Thanks for replying...
    So I'll deal more damage uncapping her to +6 rather than using cores to ignite her?

I'm saying this because I got some friends who ignited their Lupins and their damage increased from 2 million to almost 5 or 6 million (without igniting the attacker unit)

• Gatsu86 LV.24 Champion Oct 13, 2021, 10:02 PM

Lupin ignited get some buffs on her skills.

If I remember well the difference:

- Get 1 extra target child for her slide (so x3 childs get crt damage and crt rate)
    - her tap became turn based instead of some seconds, so her awakening buff last longer
    - extra damage for skills
    - extra % buffs on her slide

Something like that (check her ignition changes on her ignition screen for more details), so both uncaps and ignition will make her better. To conclude, in my opinion you should ignite her and uncaps her as well.

• Danbo de Piano LV.27 Bamboozled Oct 14, 2021, 12:02 AM

good summary the ignition skill ups usually carry more punch once the uncaps and skill tree are properly developed, so there is skill impact from uncaps and pumping onyx into her then there is a the expansion of the skill effects is more targets longer duration etc , there can be exceptions but usually I have found getting the plus 6 and 7/10 on skills is better done before ignition etc except maybe like some attacker that become six x sliders etc
    I agree both is key but my humble suggestion was to consider pausing ignition to get more development done first etc all the while spa her up to make her more extra over all

• Danbo de Piano LV.27 Bamboozled Oct 14, 2021, 12:05 AM

you'll want to consider the cm alt post in her release and compare Stats but the ignition node grid will let you preview the skill expansion so see how it will change etc generally sort of like awakening, onyx level up has more punch at first so just a potential other way to go about it you haven't been given bad advise and you certainly won't break her ignition first but just depends what you feel you need

• LinkR3 LV.2 Lurker Oct 14, 2021, 05:08 AM

Alright then, I guess I'll check it out and see what's better to improve.
    Thank you!

• Tony Li LV.9 Nomad Oct 14, 2021, 08:02 AM

if you don't plan on using her for PvP. anything with amp def is enough, she only needs to survive for WB and Ragna. it's a piece of cake just give her any hp and def SC. out if those 3 I would use the 3rd core. 2nd core is for taunt/reflect child. the first one could be any attacker that you plan on using for all modes. (not the best of any mode). chances are you will die with this core for pvp, but amp agl and amp crt will improve damage for WB and Ragna. Core 1, I would use as fodder core or a debuffer for 3* endless

Home