Paul Green LV.19 Sage
Feb 15, 2021, 03:52 PM 287 read

Current Play Tests / 3* and 4* Ignition...

TIPS

Seems Ignited Mech Commander wasn't a meme after all, started mine this raid as a lark to see if it wasn't bogus. It's only +2 and soloing raids. O_O;;   Current team: Maid Sytry/Bikini Lisa/Mech Commander/Newbie Mona/Neptune Leader: Lisa (that sweet sweet 16% buff) Skill Queue: S/S/T/S/S in child order Drive Order: Sytry/Mech/Lisa (Mech > Mona, although it doesn't really matter, auto play fills the drive gauge to full anyway at 3x speed so no real speed adv using MC drive except DPS. however, Mona's Aid buff in Drive is weaker than maxed Slide and I don't want to overwrite)   MC is ignited with AMP ATK/AMP CRT/HP. AMP AGL would make it easier to buff weak point dmg, but gotta roll with the cores I got.   It's sad but all the resources I put into that cutie Annie seem meaningless now. Just gotta hope 5* wood ignition comes around soon.   - Play testing replacing bikini lisa with pantheon to see if the burst dmg is faster than higher fever DPS. Will update soon. - Edit 1: It totally is.   New team: Maid Sytry/Pantheon/Mech Commander/Newbie Mona/Neptune Leader: Sytry (more tap plz) Skill Queue: S/S/T/S/S in child order Drive Order: Sytry/Mech (don't need to worry about tap buffs, so recycling -2 Cooldown and Drive Gauge seems like the right idea)   - Play testing replacing mona with lisa to see if losing Aid is that bad. Will update soon. - Edit 2: NOPE, BAD IDEA, MONA IS BAE   ANYWAY: I'm all in on spicy 3* and 4* ignitions now. Noticed that the 5* dump wasn't an issue with them, just onyx dumping. I'm working on Calchas now for that sweet dancing blade before buffing regular Sytry and Maiden Werewolf for percentage buffs/debuffs. I've heard talk of persephone replacing midas, but only because she has atk drop on top of the weak point debuff. Survivability isn't the biggest deal for me in WB, so she can wait. Same thing with 3* Lisa, but considering that WB has turned into dumping DPS into 2-3 main attackers, don't know if a 28% atk buff to all is worth the onyx. Anemone seems better with 50%.   Do any of you have recommendations on which 3* and 4* units are standouts for ignition? I'd like to act sooner than later in order to capitalize on later content  

Comment 10

• Gramamanamanees LV.18 Sage Feb 15, 2021, 11:35 PM

This is a strange situation where robot has 4x tap and there are no other ignitable attackers with 4x taps or 6x slides. No other elements in JP get a 3* unit with 4 hit taps, and when we finally do get wood ignite there will be stronger attackers (when fully ignited).

You'll get to use robot soon on the methuselah world boss but when we get wood ignition the best attackers will go back to being 5* like we're used to.

• Paul Green LV.19 Sage Feb 16, 2021, 04:29 AM

Appreciate the update!

• Kharl LV.23 Wizard Feb 15, 2021, 04:33 PM

"I've heard talk of persephone replacing midas, but only because she has atk drop on top of the weak point debuff."

They just nerfed her ATK- debuff earlier this year from ~97% to less than 30%. Her ignited Weakpoint DEF- is still worse than unignited Midas. No point in igniting her now.

• Paul Green LV.19 Sage Feb 15, 2021, 04:57 PM

Appreciate the update!

• P. Argonaut LV.22 Insomniac Feb 16, 2021, 01:36 AM

I had a very similar experience! The only difference for me is that the core I used for mech is amp ATK with amp AGL and HP, and I do much more damage with bikini Lisa than with Pantheon. Even with Lisa at only +3 and Pantheon at +6.

I wonder who would be better if you had a core with both amp AGL and amp CRT. 🤔

• Paul Green LV.19 Sage Feb 16, 2021, 04:29 AM

AMP AGL makes total sense with Lisa, her weak point buff couples nicely with AMP AGL boosting weak point dmg. That would be the optimal route in order to capitalize on as many buffs as possible. Unfortunately, RNGesus was not kind enough to grant me one during the core summons.

While having both AMP AGL and CRT does sound interesting (and I have one), I think I may run into a different problem upon its use. My play testing has shown that AMP ATK is very much necessary. Even though +6 Abaddon/Siren have 2K more base ATK than +2 MC, that additional 400 AMP ATK makes a huge difference in general damage and fever DPS. This gap becomes very apparent once AMP CRT factors in as the 5* units don't benefit from the massive percentage boost in CRT dmg from the AMP. A few play tests showed that +6 Abaddon/Siren even with 3 S ranked stat boosts (around +1700 to all stats) from equipment couldn't one shot the raid.

• P. Argonaut LV.22 Insomniac Feb 16, 2021, 05:00 AM

Yeah, I was wondering if I should've used an amp CRT because I have Pantheon maxed, but decided to try AGL because fever time. Either way, can't complain. Past few raids I was just hoping to get >50%, now I'm near 100%!

If I recall, I think amp ATK is supposed to do like 15% more damage for every 100 points, or +60% at 400. I'm not sure how the calculations are made, but if that is taken into account *before* multipliers for weak point and critical, it's becomes pretty clear how even a 3* with ignition could outdo unignited 5*s.

Since I don't have the resources to fully ignite a bunch of 5* attackers, I'll be interested in checking out some of these 3* and 4* childs as well!

• Marian Achim LV.6 Nomad Feb 16, 2021, 01:27 PM

How many resources do you need to fully ignite a 3*?

• Paul Green LV.19 Sage Feb 16, 2021, 01:43 PM

1 core to start, then a crap-ton of onyx, around half mil, plus some 3* green units to sacrifice, 4-5 i think. 4* ignition require cores for the main middle path iirc

• Marian Achim LV.6 Nomad Feb 18, 2021, 03:48 AM

wow, thanks for the info, and ofc everything sacrificed to get said 3* to 6*.

Home