P. Argonaut LV.22 Insomniac
Dec 4, 2020, 09:37 PM 1,172 read

The Basics of Ignition ⚒️👨‍🎓

TIPS

- So I've had some time to study this ignition system, and thought I'd try to break it down for those who don't have the time or inclination. - Really, it's all very linear, once you've decided who to ignite, the only variables are the stats on your first core. 💥 Basically just two steps!

DESTINY CHILD: TIPS - The Basics of Ignition ⚒️👨‍🎓 image 2

✔️ 1. Creating a Core - You can make a core using any playable 5* base character (ahem, Mammon). Even 1 core can be a huge benefit! - Each core has 3 stats. One main and two sides. The main will always be an Amplified stat and the sub stats will not be the same as main stat. 💥 Notice, only the first core stats matter! - All stat growth is determined by the first core you use to ignite. The rest are just fodder. Any core will do. - So save your best cores for first ignition and use mediocre cores for upgrades (if you upgrade at all). - If you don't want to wait until you get the perfect core, or if you just want different stats later on, it appears you can replace the first core without losing your ignition progress. *You will lose that original core, though.*

DESTINY CHILD: TIPS - The Basics of Ignition ⚒️👨‍🎓 image 4

✔️ 2. So, what is a 'good' core? - Amplified stats are less common and generally more valuable. They have different effects than normal stats. - For example, Amplified AGL increases weak point damage and Amplified CRT increases critical damage, not critical rate. - (for some nitty-gritty details, try checking my earlier post on the topic. It's a bit messy, but there's some great info from JP players and discord community. 🙂)

💫 *Generally* speaking... - Amplified AGL is good for Raid attackers who do most of their damage during fever time, as it boosts weak point attack. (Fire vs. Wood, Light vs. Dark, etc.) - Amplified CRT is good for World Boss attackers, where fever doesn't matter much, or for Raid attackers who can crit during fever, like Bridal Hildr or Cleo. It gives a massive boost to critical damage. - PvP depends on your team and the ever shifting meta. Might want Amplified DEF or ATK, as they are more versatile. Maybe Amplified CRT for Fire Bathory. - Secondary stats should *ideally* be complimentary, e.g. ATK and/or Amplified ATK on a CRT core. They cannot be upgraded as much as main stat, but can offer significant bonuses.

DESTINY CHILD: TIPS - The Basics of Ignition ⚒️👨‍🎓 image 8

✔️ 3. Is it worth it? - Testing by JP candidates has shown Amplified CRT can increase critical damage by ~15% for every 50 points. Even just one ignition level with an Amplify CRT core gives you 150! That's +45% critical damage for one core! You don't need a blowhole to appreciate that 🐳 - You don't even have to worry about the other two stats. Just slap any old CRT core in and go to town! (mileage may vary on global version, but even half that would be significant) - Sure, there are some whales who already have their whole Ragna team fully ignited. I was discouraged at first myself, having only a couple childs at +6 and a paltry few S-rank equipment options. - But after learning a bit more about it, I really think this system was designed not just as a cash grab, but also to give all players some *long* term goals to work towards so the game doesn't get stale. - This update certainly creates some growth potential. No need to do it all overnight. If you did, you'd have nothing to do tomorrow!

DESTINY CHILD: TIPS - The Basics of Ignition ⚒️👨‍🎓 image 10

👨‍🎓 Conclusion - Well, It's a fairly complex system. I hope I didn't over simplify it, but I did want to keep it relatively "short." Let me know if it helps! Big thank you to https://ginmy.net/destiny-child-ginmy for the wealth of information and discoveries they have made available. Translated link at bottom.

DESTINY CHILD: TIPS - The Basics of Ignition ⚒️👨‍🎓 image 32
DESTINY CHILD: TIPS - The Basics of Ignition ⚒️👨‍🎓 image 33

Comment 34

• NELIEL LV.23 Bamboozled Dec 4, 2020, 11:40 PM

so ARG, would this be considered a tier 1/A class/premium core?

• P. Argonaut LV.22 Insomniac Dec 5, 2020, 12:07 AM

Hey, congrats! Is that your first try?

• NELIEL LV.23 Bamboozled Dec 5, 2020, 12:10 AM

no, this was about my 5th try. but it is my first all amp

Do the double amp def stack? Not sure if you covered that

• P. Argonaut LV.22 Insomniac Dec 5, 2020, 12:12 AM

Ah, well I wonder who would make best use of that combination? Moon's link has some recommendations, but it's too hard to read 😕

• NELIEL LV.23 Bamboozled Dec 5, 2020, 12:14 AM

I was thinking about maybe a healer, since they benefit from crit stats. but i guess an attacker could work too for sustainably

• P. Argonaut LV.22 Insomniac Dec 5, 2020, 12:28 AM

Yeah, I thought maybe Pomona. But I haven't looked into healing. Apparently it doesn't scale the same way with Amp stats.

• NELIEL LV.23 Bamboozled Dec 5, 2020, 12:30 AM

P. Argonaut  ah, thank you for mentioning this. I will probably hold off on using it then until there's more info about this system. especially since it's got 3 amp

• M00N LV.22 Bamboozled Dec 5, 2020, 12:50 AM

Open with Google Drive to have a better resolution on the tables and in general ;)

• M00N LV.22 Bamboozled Dec 5, 2020, 07:18 PM

I could see this stone paired with the Excuse me! SC and Pantheon on a damage dealer for high crit dmg in manual pvp.

• NELIEL LV.23 Bamboozled Dec 5, 2020, 09:26 PM

huh

• redrcap LV.8 Nomad Dec 4, 2020, 10:18 PM

good to know, thank you for sharing

• M00N LV.22 Bamboozled Dec 4, 2020, 10:37 PM

Very well done! I highly appreciate your efford! \(//∇//)/

• NELIEL LV.23 Bamboozled Dec 4, 2020, 10:46 PM

thank you for this.

I shall seek you out for all my enhancement needs.

• M00N LV.22 Bamboozled Dec 4, 2020, 10:52 PM
  • P. Argonaut LV.22 Insomniac Dec 5, 2020, 12:07 AM

Interesting. It's hard to make out the chart, but they seem to only recommend ATK or HP core for attackers.

• M00N LV.22 Bamboozled Dec 5, 2020, 12:16 AM

• M00N LV.22 Bamboozled Dec 5, 2020, 12:17 AM

• M00N LV.22 Bamboozled Dec 5, 2020, 12:25 AM

It seems so. Makes sense if you ask me. I am just not sure what to make out of it: until now, Chang'e does my fever, so not changing my matchplan, I would give her max attack. Then again, I am not so sure, if the fights after ignition will go long enough to reach fever mode, with the attackers doing unheard of amoumts of dmg now. This would comletely change my matchplan and would mean for Chang'e to go for def & agi - or even out of the team.

• P. Argonaut LV.22 Insomniac Dec 5, 2020, 01:02 AM

Wow, so much conflicting information! I'm pulling my hair out now 😵 that link itself linked to a page that directly contradicts it 🤔

• M00N LV.22 Bamboozled Dec 5, 2020, 01:08 AM

I am afraid I can't follow. Where is the contradiction?

• P. Argonaut LV.22 Insomniac Dec 5, 2020, 01:16 AM

Well, said here ATK affects recovery amount, for one

• M00N LV.22 Bamboozled Dec 5, 2020, 04:59 AM

P. Argonaut  Hm, seems healing is affected by Atk but not ampl. Atk, which would be a shame. Over all, I think heal sould be profitting more from crit and/or ampl. Crt. I still find it hard to really understand what's going on with the ignition system.

• P. Argonaut LV.22 Insomniac Dec 5, 2020, 07:08 PM

M00N  Well, I don't know about this chart. Seems to have some bias. Says Amplify CRT/AGL are trash for every situation. They must think Pantheon is trash, too. 😏

• M00N LV.22 Bamboozled Dec 5, 2020, 07:16 PM

P. Argonaut  I would guess so, too. After all it is (simular to what Reika Mae wrote,) up to your personal preference what kind of playstyle you prefer. For example, I could see ampl. Crit/Crit pair well with the Excuse me! SC on a dmg dealer, since it will make for high crit odds & dmg. Personally, I think I wouldn't go for it in pvp, but I also don't use Pantheon since I play auto in pvp.

• P. Argonaut LV.22 Insomniac Dec 5, 2020, 07:25 PM

M00N  Oh no, I'm thinking back row attackers in world boss, or raids. I'm more into the PvE stuff. I'm hoping to get an ATK core with two AMP CRTs, or CRT core with two AMP ATKs. I don't care about HP or DEF 🙂

• P. Argonaut LV.22 Insomniac Dec 5, 2020, 08:29 PM

M00N  Didn't have much luck during eqpt options event, getting slaughtered in PvP, and with ignition I think it'll just get worse. Figured I'd focus on PvE for a while.

Looks like you're doing well, though! Top 50 with a bullet, huh? 🚀 congrats!

• P. Argonaut LV.22 Insomniac Dec 5, 2020, 01:49 AM

Anyway, don't mean to complain! Appreciate your comments, Moon ☺️

As to the PvP, maybe ignited healers might balance out the new heavy hitters? Or imagine a world of ignited Dana's 🤯

• M00N LV.22 Bamboozled Dec 5, 2020, 05:01 AM

Hm, honestly my fist thought was bringing Nepunes drive back vs for example Mafdet or Eve. Her heal would prob work fine with the multible targets.

• ttduong85 LV.10 Nomad Dec 5, 2020, 10:09 AM

Thank you Moon!

• Bikini Lisa LV.18 Boo! Dec 7, 2020, 04:42 AM

I got a question. Does ignition require dupes of the 5 star you are enhancing? Each level just says 5 star water base rarity and I'm not sure if it wants dupes specifically. Sorry I still haven't touched ignition yet cause I still can't choose someone to ignite lol

• Kara Sol Stay Calm LV.20 Supersonic Dec 7, 2020, 07:06 AM

It is what it says, any water five-star would work.

• Bikini Lisa LV.18 Boo! Dec 7, 2020, 10:40 AM

Thank you

• P. Argonaut LV.22 Insomniac Dec 7, 2020, 07:50 AM

Nope! Any same element child will do. 🙂 For example, here I used 1 core and a water Rusalka to ignite water Mafdet (I'm focusing on Ragna and WB).

• Bikini Lisa LV.18 Boo! Dec 7, 2020, 10:40 AM

Thank you

Home