Kara Sol Stay Calm LV.20 Supersonic
Oct 29, 2020, 05:57 AM 247 read

On farming the sevenths

TIPS

The new subchapter continues on the trend set by all but the first subchapters of Chapter 2. The seventh dungeon of those subchapters drops a four-star armor (always the same across the five subchapters in question). Four-star equip is better fuel for Soul Carta enhancement. What makes the new Seventh more attractive than those before it is that it drops red evolution crystals, helping an f2p player to more easily evolve the aurora heart material childs. It also has an exp bonus. So, if one is not dissuaded by stamina cost or by imbalance in crafting tools inventory (all sevenths so far drop only armor crafting tools), the new "Luin's Intensive Training IV" is the place to go for daily 10.

DESTINY CHILD: TIPS - On farming the sevenths image 2

They never admitted to those drop tables being a bug in a bug report post of mine from some six months ago, so everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Comment 6

• Ravenous LV.22 Titan Oct 29, 2020, 10:23 AM

I always do the latest normal stage for Lisa's daily 10 story dungeons task. And I was doing this one to spare me the boss close-up. So I guess I've been collecting fire crystals that I need subconsciously.

• Q_Roi LV.22 Link Oct 29, 2020, 12:17 PM

which one is it? im a confused fellow?! can u provide some screenshot! such a nice info tho.. 😃

• Kara Sol Stay Calm LV.20 Supersonic Oct 30, 2020, 09:19 AM

Can you reach this screen in your game? It displays the what I call a Subchapter 4 of Chapter 2. Swipe up from there and you'll go to Chapter 1. Swiping left and right moves you between subchapters.

Within the Subchapter the same screen has the four zones. Tap either and inside it will have the four dungeons. Numbering according to the hierarchy gives the dungeons numbers like 2-5-3-4.

In the beginning of the DC story, subchapters have 8 zones, four dungeons each. Then the guy in charge of filler zones (the zones without a child portrait on them) has quit his job, so the subchapters starting with Chapter 2,
    Ragna stories only had 8 dungeons total, so devs decided to split the Intermission "chapter" into four zones, 2 dungeons per zone.

Now, about the drops. Without any indication, as more of Chapter 2 was added to the game, the irregularities kept popping up.
    Back in Chapter 1, the item drops are openly stated on each dungeon screen and as the story progresses, so do the the drops shift sideways and up through the whole variety of c-grade one-stars, weapons, armors, accessories across the eight subchapters, culminating in various a-grade three-star items. Evolution crystals have less variety, but they vary in color too from dungeon to dungeon, so you could find a dungeon that drops accessories and blue crystals or a dungeon that drops white crystals and weapons. More difficult dungeons came later in the chapter, and they came with better loot.

The Chapter 2 Subchapter 1 started the weirdness by allowing drops of stuff better than declared on dungeon screen. Even if rarely, it allowed for four-star childs drops, while only three-stars is displayed as possible rewards.

Then new subchapters came and it has become obvious that the continuous variety of item drops along the story progression wasn't there. Each subchapter repeated the simplified sequence of which item dropped from where, I think. It is much harder to test nowadays. They have added the crafting tools. Those items have displaced the equipment items from the lists of the possible rewards of a dungeon.

And before too long we found that starting with Chapter 2 Subchapter 2, the seventh dungeons carried the same four-star armor equipment item as a possible reward. The sixth and eighth dungeons have three-star items drops yet no dungeons drop four-star wespons or accessories, so it's never a repetition of the "better loot with story progress" principle, unlike the case of Chapter 1.

Of the six subchapters of Chapter 2, the second through sixth subchapters all have a seventh dungeon which drops a different color evolution crystal (making up all the five elements now) as well as the same four-star armor and the same armor crafting tools.

It still looks like threadbare programming to me. Can't help it.

Anyway, on the same Subchapter 4 of Chapter 2 from the screenshot, the seventh dungeon would be past the 1, 2, 3, 4 dungeons of the first zone, in the second zone, so you tap the Kubaba without glasses and there pick the dungeon called "Stage 3 Rumors of a Demon". That dungeon will drop crafting tools, that same four-star armor piece, and the dark three-star evolution crystals.

In intermission chapters with their 8 dungeon total, the sevenths are the penultimate dungeons. You go into the Intermission, then to the zone four, then to the dungeons with "stage 7" in the name.

• Q_Roi LV.22 Link Oct 30, 2020, 11:00 AM

im at luin stage where luin is tutoring rooster head? i think your pride was it?

• Kara Sol Stay Calm LV.20 Supersonic Oct 30, 2020, 03:26 PM

Pride is eighth. You need the seventh.

• Q_Roi LV.22 Link Oct 30, 2020, 04:20 PM

why didn't u say so in the 1st place.. 🤣😅
    simple and way easy to understand!

thanks!

Home