Kelerher Kelerher LV.6 Nomad
Feb 21, 2020, 05:14 AM 251 read

What are your thoughts on a "child sharing" usage?

TIPS

These questions have probably already been asked before. Nonetheless I wanna ask them [again]. I would like to know your thoughts about child sharing, if you guys don't mind. Since that is almost the only social useful action you can do outside Ragna seasons and it's avaliable on a daily basis I'd like to know that I'm really helpful to my friends in this regard. After quite some time spent on this game my personal choice fell on the most powerful attacker I have, no matter which element or passive bonus he/she has. But what are your preferences? What type of character you find more suitable for sharing? Do you favor one element more than others? Maybe you look at the passive bonuses in the first place? Or do you choose through stats and overall power? Prefer more versatile heroes? Something else? Not only that, but also: where do you find this feature being more relevant to use: in the Labyrinth, special event dungeons, resource gathering or story dungeons? Because if it's the Labyrinth I bet there must be some certain appropriate childs to deal with hard stages of the Labytinth rather than general preferences. I personally still don't really know what setup is better here and kinda struggling on a 4.1 stage, thus strongly relying on friends' childs.   So... Which character do you like to see more when you open your friend list and activate friend support before the battle? :)   Or maybe all this stuff doesn't bother you at all so there goes any child you like to share at the moment and just getting friend coins are all that matters? =p   Thank you for your time!  

Comment 35

• LycaDelish LV.22 RIP Feb 21, 2020, 06:21 AM

Apparently this might be an unpopular opinion, but sharing a decent child will honestly determine whether I add players as friends or not. It's just common courtesy to share a good, solid child. Like, it annoys the hell out of me when I see 95k+ power teams smashing the like of Devil Rumble or PvP, yet they're sharing a level 50 E-rank Red Cross. At that point, it can only be something that they do purposely and there's no reason for it.

The reason for my annoyance at this comes from what you said - Rebirth Labyrinth. Why would I want to auto 4-2 or 4-3 and have the game summon your crappy unawakened child into battle, only to get smashed by the enemy team and maybe even cause a loss? It used to lose me battles in the past where my teams were weaker and I wanted to believe "oh, they're probably a new player, they don't know". I couldn't believe it when I saw the same guys WB team in the top 100 (he used to share a rank E Hercules, I can't remember his name now). Just why?

I'm not some mindless metaslave either - I honestly don't mind people sharing any child. If someone's favourite child is A.I or Red Cross and they share them, decked up with good equipment, a good SC and invested skills, then I'm fine with that. Share your favourite child, show him/her off!

• dctouko LV.17 Champagne Showers! Feb 21, 2020, 07:13 PM

Yeah i know it's really annoying when you really needed help at rebirth dungeon and without knowing it that you have summon one of your friends childs that is really weak for it. I saw some of my randomly added friends they shared their weak childs not sure if they did it deliberately or what but with no way on contacting them in game it's hard to let them know that they shared the wrong child

I wish there's a way to sort friends childs based on their total power. With that in place then the fear of summoning weaker childs into difficult battles are eliminated.

• Kelerher LV.6 Nomad Feb 21, 2020, 09:01 PM

That's absolutely decent, reasonable and comprehensive opinion. Thank you!
    I'd say I feel you here completely. I'm not against people who really want to share hero they'd like to share even he/she still has a really long way to go up. But isn't that a natural scenario when you wanna power up your favourite one eventually? So, it's okay for me to wait some time and see if this guy doing some progress here... Yeah, it's kinda hard to get new stacks for certain 5star childs for instance, so if you still want to share this hero, please, do everyone a favor and equip her/him with a good equip at least. And don't forget to keep upgrading this equip, then it's fine. However when I see someone who shares unequipped, undeveloped character, actively plays the game, even popping off... but there is no sufficient progress with his "shared" one... It's like they just don't care, they don't respect their friends and you in particular. So it's a big "no". Yeah, again as you said, getting some weakling, especially when doing Labyrinth, can be crucial.
    I see only one similar and understandable situation: when player wants to indicate that he is leaving the game - I had a few people who just changed their childs to empty 2-3star. And that's totally okay - you see this and then say farewell.

• Tilly LV.15 Billy Feb 23, 2020, 07:48 AM

No doubt. You gotta check the top five friends' shares before checking repeat in ReLab! Dont have it sorted by recent login or you might get a just logged on surprise unleveled Mona in there to drop your coins while afk.

• Dragon Quest Fan LV.25 PlayStation Feb 21, 2020, 06:58 AM

As LycaDelish said, it matters less who you share, what matters is that they’re viable should they be called upon. A lot of players tend to not equip their shared child which is a big no. When I use a shared child, it is almost always to grind experience while leveling up underpowered childs. I actually need that shared child support to help carry me.

It’s ok to share your “favorite” child if they’re leveled, awakened, skilled, and equipped, but your best attacker is usually the best option. Most of us have been playing this game for a minute and have most childs. You’re not impressing anyone by sharing a “rare” child if such a thing even exists.

Re:birth 4-3 is where most are likely looking for backup, so Astraea, N Mona, or Rita would all be strong shares. My N Mona is +1, Rita is +0 and I still don’t have Astraea 🤦‍♂️

I currently share a 60+6 Eve which some are starting to frown upon, but until I get a +6 C Bathory or Nicole, I still find Eve to be serviceable in most settings. I certainly don’t mind when my friends share Eve. That said, I am always open to suggestions as well.

• LycaDelish LV.22 RIP Feb 21, 2020, 07:16 AM

My friend list is still full of Eves and Change'es, and that's fine. I don't expect everyone to share fully maxed out childs, but I do expect people to share something that they've put effort into - I think that was the point I was trying to get across. It doesn't bother me at all that people are sharing a RiceMine 8/10 child and not a 10/10 - otherwise everyone's friend list would look the same lol.

I guess it's because the child you share is kind of like your avatar, when it comes to DC online stuff (Rumble, Ragna etc). It's nice when people make their avatar as strong as possible, and a strong shared child usually implies a strong player that wants to help their fellow players.

• Kelerher LV.6 Nomad Feb 21, 2020, 10:29 PM

Thank you for adding a good viewpoint to this discussion!
    Now I have some names to look at in my future tries in Labyrinth, appreciate that! :3 I guess I'm somewhat in the similar boat as you are. I didn't get enough stacks for heroes mentioned by you above and for other useful heroes like quite versatile with decent survivability Eve (she's has the most amongst them , +4), etc. Wasn't lucky enough to get Neptune at all before or new Bathory recently after spending 40k crystals, but whatever.
    Speaking honestly, I'm kinda biased towards Eve too as a strong replace pick. When I'm doing my current 4.1 Lab she is my best "safe belt". It's not like I tried every hero during Lab battles which my friends are offering, but there is a bunch of highly developed and stacked Eves and they 100% saving me here. That's not what I could say about water Chang'e, for example - there are lots of them being used as "shared" as well. Doesn't mean they not useful, but just not likely during Labyrinth missions in my case. Feels like I'm starting to lack some damage to finish before the countdown ends. And attackers are usually first to be slain, so replacing them by other attacker is logical. But it's just my current experience in this dungeon, any other place and dungeon is alright with Chang'e and others.

I'm myself was lucky enough to participate in the anniversary(?) event before Christmas when developers allowed us to earn some +6 heroes, so I picked the ones I've never had before. My point was that you eventually could get every default 5-star hero, but not from passed events. I guess only after this event they added extended packs with almost all childs available. Anyway, I invested as much as I could in attaker Chang'e I received, so she became my vanguard and "shared" one. Seems like she may be useful for others since having decent attack power and defence. Maybe there is still a way to improve her by switching between items, but I haven't figured out that yet.
    If I get to the point someday when I would ba able to share some trending childs like wood Bathory or Neptune now (right?), will do so immediately. :D

• Zombie Dane LV.24 Team Rocket Feb 21, 2020, 07:27 AM

i share Newbie Mona, 6* +6 max skills, high agility and high health.

• Zombie Dane LV.24 Team Rocket Feb 21, 2020, 07:30 AM

it might just be me, but i feel like i have to share a support child to play my role as support if needed.

• Kelerher LV.6 Nomad Feb 22, 2020, 12:08 AM

Thanks for your reply!
    Unfortunately, I can't say much about your current preference since I didn't have a chance to try this child. But I assume that having a good support may be useful in most situations, especially if he/she is well-rounded, can help keep others alive directly or indirectly and still do some damage if needed.
    Talking about my personal experience... I'm not that good example to establish a decent opinion on that, but most problems for me are coming from Lab, where I can lose one of my attackers often. And another attacker as a replace actually comes in handy since he becomes the main damage dealer instead. If I have some other types, usually I find myself out of time. Pretty alive, but with "zero" on timer. That doesn't necessarily mean other type childs are not appealing choices, some non-attackers are still may be really helpful, but since I'm losing attack characters more often, my needs are leading me towards regaining enough atk power. But again, that's just my experience.

• Zombie Dane LV.24 Team Rocket Feb 22, 2020, 02:39 AM

fair enough. i think she more then makes up for it with here skills giving a buff to increase the damge by how many buffs that child has.

if anyone has a better description of how Newbie Mona's skills work please add on to this.

• dctouko LV.17 Champagne Showers! Feb 21, 2020, 10:54 AM

The sharing childs feature is very useful especially for new players.

Back in the day, when i was still a low leveled newbie and i was struggling on completing certain story stages and my high leveled friends powerful childs did helped me alot on completing the stages that are very difficult.

And now most of the time i will share my strongest attacker that's a fully fed maxed out lvl 60+6 Eve since i have some active low leveled friends that are still new to the game, they will definitely find her very useful.

My Eve will probably go in a retirement once my Nicole is fully ready.

• Kelerher LV.6 Nomad Feb 21, 2020, 11:10 PM

Thanks for your reply!
    Yeah, totally agree. From the very first steps in the game till later stages "sharing" can always significantly help to overcome some difficulty and win a fight. And especially for the newcomers, indeed. I was totally hungry for this option first couple of months, remember this clear.
    Aw, man! Poor Eve girl, so little time for the rest. You gotta send her to the spa at the opening day to thank for all her hard work! :D
    That being said, I really respect this character choice. All those Eves helped me a lot, and still are helping on a daily basis. Nice pick!

• dctouko LV.17 Champagne Showers! Feb 22, 2020, 03:46 PM

Yes absolutely! My Eve is definitely going to have a spot in the spa when that long awaited feature finally opens up :) Ever since i got her she always been going through these difficult battles taking down challenging enemies. Once spa opens up, i hope she will be able to take a rest and relax there :D

• ZelphuS LV.19 Killer Main Feb 21, 2020, 07:05 AM

Neptune or Bathory is good share for help skill jauge charge speed or DoT with Bathory and break defense in laby 4-3

• Dragon Quest Fan LV.25 PlayStation Feb 21, 2020, 07:40 AM

Nep and Bath are good shares, but mine are rarely first to die. Attackers are squishy by nature, and are often first to die. That’s why traditionally attackers are recommended shares. They’re often replacing fallen attackers.

• Kelerher LV.6 Nomad Feb 21, 2020, 11:33 PM

Thanks for the reply!
    I guess they are indeed very strong heroes, both Bathory and Neptune. However I can't say I played with significantly developed ones. Sadly I don't have Neptune yet, and my Bathory is reached a +3 stack right now via reincarnation services, so she has been quite useful already, but still not enough. And I've seen only one friend with +3 Neptune and +3 Bathory so far in my list.
    And you know... I'm kinda leaning towards viewpoint of Dragon Quest Fan. From my perspective there are more situations when you sooner lose your attacker than any other type of hero. That's what usually happens when it comes to my tries in 4.1-4.2 stages of Labyrinth. Maybe there are some troubles with my gear though, idk. There is a problem with my hero setup for sure, but I don't have proper characters yet, which names I've seen here in the replies or in other threads and discussions. Something like that. I tried to replace my defeated attackers with some other child types in the friends list throughout the battles, but I always started to realise I'm lacking enough damage to beat everyone before clock reaches 0:00. When I replace atk for atk, it usually seems fine.

• Gatsu86 LV.7 Champion Feb 21, 2020, 08:26 AM

I'm sharing my Chang'e +6 at the moment, (one of the few child at +6). If I have enough strong friends's child for Rebirth Labyrinth, I'm fine, I select them one by one (Eve 6star S for the most part). For the other content, I run auto and let the sistem pick a random friend's child.

• Kelerher LV.6 Nomad Feb 22, 2020, 12:36 AM

Thank you for the comment!
    I was tended to share the most stacked and developed child I had regardless of its type or relevance at the beginning. It was 4-star healer Pomona. :) Then I switched to acquired 5-star childs whom I could grow up enough and use in battles freely. Now, when I got a few 5-star +6 childs, I picked the one I use most of the time myself excluding tank and healer roles: I think people rarely lose them during battles in the first place, so it would be nice to help them with some relevant supportive/debuff abilities or just brute force. My pick right now is on a brute force, wood atk Chang'e, best developed and equipped child I have among the chosen types.
    And a lot of my friends "share" water Chang'e - she's quite good most of the time no doubt. Quite healthy, can accelerate others' skills recharge and stun enemies, cool stuff. However I'm not confident to take her as a replace to Lab, and mentioned the reasons in the other replies.
    And as it comes to Lab, I'm totally with your preferences here towards Eve! And I'm doing the same thing when using friends support: manually picking Eves or some other high developed childs for Lab, and then autopicking everyone else outside Lab, filtered by login time. :)

• Gatsu86 LV.7 Champion Feb 22, 2020, 06:21 AM

Exactly, most of the time my Eve (+5) or Bathory (+2) dies in the Lab, so a strong attacker friend help a lot.
    I run the pvp team (Syrinx, Bathory, Dana, Eve, Chang'e) on 4+1 Lab.. I have tried the highest difficulties, but I cannot do them yet, so for now I'm happy with 4 + 1 (full auto runs option).
    I tried to choose other attackers, like dark Frej, but with Eve I'm sure the team will win 100% every time.

• franceka LV.4 Wolf Feb 21, 2020, 04:19 PM

Hello, as a newbie it’s a question I asked myself often... by now I share my mafdet lvl 59+2 because she’s my best attacker.
    But I’m wondering if I should switch to my Leda 6stars +5 cause (as for me having nothing else) she helps a lot in surviving.... what you think? (Also I got her nice costume 🤩)

And on hot time I very often use a low unit to xp to be replaced by a child friend, it helps to gain some free xp... (by the way when does the friend list regenerate?)

• Kelerher LV.6 Nomad Feb 22, 2020, 01:04 AM

Thank you for the comment!
    Yeah, I guess it is gotta be quite tough for you to compete with some mastodons in someone's friend list as a candidate for the first n picks now. However, that +5 6-star Leda must be really strong as a support. And as I remember myself, when I got +2 Mafdet she had already been strong enough to compete in the last stages of Underground, and that means something. I dunno what I would pick here honestly, feel it's almost 50/50. But maybe I would try to switch them around and see if your friends use one of them more. :)
    Such a shame there is no in-game chat with your friends, we could ask something directly there. About that, for example.

About friend list update: I feel like it's refreshing every 12 hours. Not sure 100%, but think so.

• Tilly LV.15 Billy Feb 23, 2020, 07:39 AM

I keep the box checked for the bling. The friends' choice of share is irrelevant frankly because my squad is invincible!

Worst case, I just need anyone to fill that fifth spot to get perfect clears, especially if I'm leveling a squad mate in Narrative Dungeon for example (good for XP, bad for bells, roses, chocolates).

Having said that, 5* - 6* is obviously best. If weak point attribute is needed, I scroll through friend list and always find it.

Currently I'm sharing 50+5 Tiamat to showoff my new Mattie skin.

Hit me up ingame: bvidxy1alm93

• Karedo LV.11 Chief Feb 21, 2020, 07:45 AM

It's not "the only social useful action you can do outside Ragna" I really appreciate friends who send coins every day and the friends who do friendly battles too are the best.

I use "child sharing"
    -every day in:
    1-Level-up dungeon I set 1 strong with 4 weak child team.
    2-Narrative dungeon. "this time it wasn't really useful because even tho I have not invested in Bes at all except leveling her to 50 she doesn't die for some reason"
    3-Labyrinth.
    -And every weekend in last story right now 2-4 Father Babila stage 1 because my team doesn't die there, like Level-up dungeon I set 1 strong with 4 weak child team.

I don't even see what child my friends are sharing check on a friend check on Repeat and start the majority share their strongest child with their best equip so its ok but unfortunately some people share weak childs either because they are unique like collab\wearing a skin or because they managed to pull the latest child and like to show off.
    of course this is inconvenience in weekend grinding

• Kelerher LV.6 Nomad Feb 21, 2020, 09:35 PM

Thank you for commenting this post!
    Yeah-yeah, sure it's not the only option available in the social segment, that's why I said "almost the only [...] action". :)
    That being said, I always keep in mind "send coins" action and I'm doing so 9 times out of 10 at least. However this PvP feature to raise our stamina is quite time-consuming, especially in comparison to the amount of stamina you get. With all that daily grind/event stuff I just usually don't have more time to spend on this and the other parts of the game. (unless I'm not on a working vacation :D)
    Moreover, description of this PvP feature is not quite easily accessible. For more than a half-year I didn't even know it helps peolpe raise stamina points - I thought it's just some kind of real-time PvP round between two players being online and agreed to fight.
    Looking at your experience I assume it would be nice for you if friends share some decent support hero. The one who would come up after one of you weak childs gets slain and cover other 4 characters under high pressure, right? Strong attacker might be cool too, but maybe it's not a safe bet to sustain all 5 heroes alive while he's smashing enemies. But some mass shield or a little bit of heal alongside with something else should help. (?)

By the way, I would love to see more options to get along with friends. Not sure how exactly though. That's a whole new thread for discussing, I guess. :)

• Karedo LV.11 Chief Feb 21, 2020, 11:11 PM

-No strong attackers\healers\defenders they all work too... maybe because I'm using Neptune as the leader of the team?
    -Yeah I don't do friendly battles too lol and I think only 5 in my friends lest do it daily. recently "because of another game" I learned of a way to do it automatically that works even on phones but I still don't use it because I like give and take relationship so I hate to send stamina to all ppl in my friends list without reserving anything back also most of them have stronger teams so they be getting 3 stamina points without doing anything and I get 1 point only that is why I'm not doing it for now... but someone also recently created a post trying to gather ppl who are willing to do this method I think but nothing came out of it yet "at least to my knowledge" he told my to wait until more ppl decide to participate and I guess that didn't happen.. will wait and see.

• Q_Roi LV.20 Link Feb 21, 2020, 01:43 PM

My personal thought about child sharing..
    once i got Mei with max cap or chang'e i would like to share her..

but at the moment i prefer to find a friend who rarely change their child or even someone who doesn't play anymore but kept sharing another chang'e.. those two are ideal friend for now.. cause my team is too weak for even babels stage at story mode.

strong shared child is really useful for me if you only use TWO lvl60 attack&support child with THREE crystal fodder or 2:1 crystal fodder and a single 4☆/5☆ child in story mode.

• Kelerher LV.6 Nomad Feb 22, 2020, 12:44 AM

Thanks for the reply!
    But why exactly Chang'e though? Isn't there a lot of other great childs who can be useful in every sort of battles? Or is there something about the stage you mentioned I don't know yet?
    I can send my id in your corresponding thread a bit later, even though I share Chang'e but ain't water one. Maybe I will be able to help. :)

• Q_Roi LV.20 Link Feb 22, 2020, 12:50 AM

so far.. i personally think as a support or backup for a fallen child chang'e can fill any role. whether it is WB Raid ND or story mode chang'e can support any type of team a player would build.. in general i think considering the games mechanic she is probably one of the best if not the best.

• Ericool Lim LV.8 Nomad Feb 21, 2020, 07:38 PM

Hello there, I am sharing my past experience here....

I request the whole global server share Maat .... why?

when my team was weak 2 months ago, I do the auto re:birth 4-3, only can win with the support of friend' child (maat).... she can resurrect child back to the battlefield. My win rate can be higher. so I choose friend with maat only.

Until today, my team get strong and rarely need maat support from friend. But this method still good for those who not strong child team

• Kelerher LV.6 Nomad Feb 22, 2020, 03:22 AM

Thanks for the reply!
    Quite an interesting position you have here. Maybe that's indeed a useful method to beat enemies on those stages. Can't say I have won any 4-3, still having troubles with 4-2 actually and not even fully on a 100% winrate in 4-1 without friends help. So I'm being kinda between 4-1 and 4-2 right now. And you know... Honestly, I feel like Maat here is not a panacea. I think I understand what are you leading to: keep the team alive as long as it's possible to reach two or three "fever times", am I right? But what if you don't have improved and stacked Maat at the first place? And even if you do, it feels a bit... random, unstable? The main problem, as I see it, is in the combination of recovery block and DoTs which is not necessarily falls on the same heroes/positions in your team. And Maat can't really deal with that. Yes, she is a strong healer still, one of the strongest, and has unique ability to ressurect, for sure. But still... I have +4 Maat now and she can't deal with those obstacles. I always thought that there needs to be some combination of childs able to remove block and DoTs. Something like Erato/Bast (to stop DoTs) + Astarea/Makoto (to vanish blocks). But the idea of keeping the battle via constant ressurections... I think I had a few battles with that scenario, actually. Maat wasn't receiving any focus on her, but others were dying. If I remember it right, I just ran out of time unable to beat enemy team with all those "fever times". Even though I had two attackers and Dana with overall power of 19k+ each and either water Chang'e or some other supporter.
    That being said, I'm uncertain a bit with your idea. No offence. Maybe I'm wrong, but still...

• IraqVet LV.18 Dragon Feb 22, 2020, 06:01 AM

can I make 10k accounts and share a child from ea acct? no lol if it was a good idea it would had already been inputted

• Kelerher LV.6 Nomad Feb 22, 2020, 07:48 AM

Sorry, not quite sure what you were trying to say by that and why it's related to my original post.

• Malkav_Garcia LV.7 Try Hard Feb 22, 2020, 08:00 AM

You have give me something to think about.

• Tilly LV.15 Billy Feb 23, 2020, 09:38 AM

When it comes to ReLab 4.0123, either Frej will do as a share, imo.
    Kind of a pain to see Frejs arent wasted outside ReLab, but stamina management puts this dungeon toward the end of my daily.

Home