Chlobsy LV.26 Rare Candy
Sep 26, 2019, 05:46 AM 1,107 read

PVP inquiry

TIPS

I would like to get some feedback/opinions on what is the right time to switch out my debuffer? I am anxious to start using her, but it makes me nervous that her uncap is low and so are her skills.

DESTINY CHILD: TIPS - PVP inquiry image 2

Comment 14

• raf_Beckett LV.20 Genius Sep 26, 2019, 07:49 AM

I'd say that depends on what comps you're playing against right now as I'd assume that still differs a bit from league to league. If you feel like you're doing fine with your current team there's no reason for any switching to begin with. Speaking from how I experience it in Plat V/Top 100: Olga is barely used anymore and DoTs on silenced units became way less scary since Bathory + plenty of people still use Central Fiction as their Carta due to the massive HP/DEF buff, so silence is way too unreliable. Again though: if Olga works for you there's no reason to swap right now - or if you want to you might also consider something stall-ish, replacing your Eve instead of your Olga.
    As for Bathory: you shouldn't worry about her uncaps all too much. While it gives her that extra bit of raw stats and survivability the increase in skill damage is more or less neglectable - it's not many, but you'll even find people in Top 100 only running her at something around +1 - +3, so she should be totally viable. Either way you can hardly do anything wrong with putting her into your team, as DoT units like Eve and Jupiter are still popular and Bathory herself has a DoT as well, so yeah...

If you're afraid of trying some things in actual Rumble it can't hurt to take some people from your friend list and do some test matches against them - assuming you know some of the teams being used. This works only once a day of course, but still might give you a rough indicator regarding survivability of Bathory and other concerns you might have.

• Chlobsy LV.26 Rare Candy Sep 26, 2019, 06:42 PM

Great advice Raf :) I’ll keep building her up for now, since Olga is doing his job. I just never broke first tier gold. She may be my pass higher!

Are we friends in the game?

• raf_Beckett LV.20 Genius Sep 26, 2019, 09:40 PM

I'm not sure how much time and effort you intend to put in, but I think both teams should definitely be able to get you beyond Gold League, so fingers crossed for your climb. :)

If you were referring to me with the second part of my username instead of the first it might sound familiar - or at least you should find it in your friend list. x) I only follow in-game friends here on Moot, so in case of doubt that's an easy way to check as well.^^
    Any specific reason for asking?

• Chlobsy LV.26 Rare Candy Sep 26, 2019, 10:26 PM

Yaaaaas! We Raid together :D
    *high five

Reason? I like having active people who have a genuine interest in the game on my friend list. And you cool.

• raf_Beckett LV.20 Genius Sep 26, 2019, 11:28 PM

That we do indeed. Not sure where you're from and thus how late it is for you, but you've been a reliable source of nighttime raids to blow my last tickets on before sleeping, so thanks for that. xD

And I was just curious - sounded like you were going to ask if we hadn't been already, lol. :P

• Chlobsy LV.26 Rare Candy Sep 27, 2019, 01:57 AM

I am Canadian :) I would have asked if we werent, but we are so lets just keep late night raiding ;)

• KarmaCappa LV.4 Lurker Sep 26, 2019, 11:35 AM

I'm on your friends list, and I'm running something very like your new team. My Bathory is 60+6, my Dana is only like level 6*30, and my Dana and Syrinx are both one uncap down from yours. Also, my Chang'e, Dana, and Syrinx lack a few skill levels due to lack of onyx. But otherwise, very similar to yours. You can always see how you do against my team in a friendly battle.

• Chlobsy LV.26 Rare Candy Sep 26, 2019, 06:43 PM

Wow, max uncap? You must be a beast in the arena! Even with Dana being not uncapped! I’ll test it out tomorrow Karma :) thanks for the advice!

• YosanoChan LV.12 Titan Oct 16, 2019, 08:37 PM

Olga!!!!! UwU sowwy for the randomness

• Chlobsy LV.26 Rare Candy Oct 16, 2019, 08:52 PM

I am kinda liking Bathory, but at the end of the day, she still isn't taking me any higher in the weekly PVP results :/. I think my problems are Dana and Chang'e. They aren't uncapped enough to stand up to other higher tier Gold players.

• YosanoChan LV.12 Titan Oct 16, 2019, 08:55 PM

owo well they do look pretty strong to me!!! I wish I could be in the gold tier, maybe try and get some duplicates I don’t think it will be easy but I do believe that you can do it!!

• Chlobsy LV.26 Rare Candy Oct 16, 2019, 09:17 PM

Thank you Yosano! And I am sure that with careful use of your crystals and onyx, you will be hitting Gold in no time!

• YosanoChan LV.12 Titan Oct 16, 2019, 09:18 PM

Thank you for the heads up!! I can’t wait to be going from bronze to gold >:3 muhahaha!!!

• Suzuki LV.17 Big Chungus Sep 26, 2019, 10:32 PM

I got the same set up team with Bathory although she's Lv. 48 +0 at the moment with no intention to pull for another dupe/s. My team is a bit meh before but replacing Olga with Bathory is much a blessing to me now lol. Before, I got the jeepers everytime I fight with Eve +6 and Jupiter +6 but now it was so much easier, even the poison and bleed aren't that much of a hassle. Fighting a team with a Bathory in +2-+4 is challenging but somehow I managed to win, though I wouldn't even dare to fight with higher uncaps, that would be too much for my heart lol. What raf_Beckett said is right, it depends on the team set and the comp. you're playing against

Home