Farron LV.24 Dragon
Jul 19, 2019, 09:09 PM 2,029 read

DEF vs HP Stats

TIPS

Which is the most reliable stat in this game? I know this is a very fundamental aspect of the game, but i've been kinda winging it. In this example, is the 690 DEF on the left better at soaking damage than the 660 HP on the right?

DESTINY CHILD: TIPS - DEF vs HP Stats image 2

Comment 14

• Lungs LV.19 Insomniac Jul 19, 2019, 10:10 PM

https://www.invenglobal.com/articles/7009/proper-gear-changes-the-whole-outcome-item-choices-and-recommended-stats-in-destiny-child

heals do crit btw
    agi also helps your childs dodge debuffs

Personally wedding dress on defenders/ healers with high uncaps the rest bikini.
    The reason is because at a certain point which only the above 2 reach natural defense becomes so high more def gives diminishing returns.

• ꧁ ᴍ! ᴍ! ᴍ! ꧂ LV.9 Beast Jul 19, 2019, 11:20 PM

Wow nice, thanks for the link! i’ve learned a lot from that.

• MAD_MAX LV.17 Sage Jul 22, 2019, 12:17 AM

Yeah, good article - one of the first things I read when I first started playing.

I'm not sure about ATK on healers though. Many insist that it does nothing to enhance heals. I personally have not noticed a difference, but I will take a look into it later.

CRIT definitely does, however. You will notice that immediately, the first time you heal during a critical opportunity.

Especially important for PVP:

Healers generally can attack with their Tap, so ATK does help in that regard. Just a bit of damage can be all it takes to take out the most dangerous enemy who is barely alive. It's obviously more effective if you have Weakpoint advantage (wood versus water, for example).

Healers have the slowest cooldown, so if you don't need to heal, you can do what I refer to as "pass" and just Tap instead. That way you quickly get another turn soon where you can decide to heal or not.

Because healers have a slow cooldown, if you Slide heal every turn when you don't need it, you get behind in the Drive bar versus your opponent; also you might not be able to heal when you DO need it.

Get behind in the drive bar for too long and you risk getting Fevered to death.

• ꧁ ᴍ! ᴍ! ᴍ! ꧂ LV.9 Beast Jul 19, 2019, 09:51 PM

I myself use equipments HIGH in HP for my tanks since they already have high base HP and DEF and i use equipments high in DEF for my healers, attackers etc etc.

It’s different for weapon and accessories tho, i use equipments high in AGI for my attackers with BLEED, POISON and other DEBUFFS since AGI decides wether your DEBUFFS lands or not, i also sometimes use high CRIT and HP for my HEALERS though i’m not sure wether HEALS also crit.

Well that’s just my opinion, i’ll change em if i learn more.

• kyaaa LV.20 Rare Candy Jul 20, 2019, 10:16 AM

when looking at lv60 +6 childs they follow an average def trend by class
    -tanks ~6000
    -healers ~5000
    -support/debuffer ~3500-4000
    -attacker ~3200

i don't know where the def 'sweet spot' is but i've always done gear setup like hp heavy gear on 4000+ and def heavy gear below that.

sometimes you'll find stuff like dainty robe that is 50/50% hp and def, i'll usually put that on those with 3500.

all that aside, sometimes you need to consider the enemy context. if there is a poison/bleed/curse heavy boss, you want to go full hp gear since those types of damage ignore defense.

• Chlobsy LV.26 Rare Candy Jul 19, 2019, 09:45 PM

Yes please! I am curious too!

• Child's Play LV.25 Pokémon Master Jul 20, 2019, 05:37 AM

just keep in mind defense can cap, hp does not

• Child's Play LV.25 Pokémon Master Jul 20, 2019, 05:49 AM

The damage reduction of additional DEF becomes drastically inefficient when it’s increased over a certain threshold, thus it is best to secure more HP past a certain point. 

https://www.invenglobal.com/articles/7009/proper-gear-changes-the-whole-outcome-item-choices-and-recommended-stats-in-destiny-child

• kyaaa LV.20 Rare Candy Jul 20, 2019, 09:57 AM

that statement is kind of silly, why didn't they say what the threshold was? n_n

• Child's Play LV.25 Pokémon Master Jul 20, 2019, 10:15 AM

good point, I dunno but maybe defense caps differently on different childs(?)maybe higher for attackers and lower for defenders since defenders have so much defense already(?) just speculating, I rly dont know, I just copy pasted statement from article

• kyaaa LV.20 Rare Candy Jul 20, 2019, 10:18 AM

i know you got that from the article, i'm not blaming you ><
    i think you are right tho, it's probably way more complex than it being a single number cap.

• Child's Play LV.25 Pokémon Master Jul 20, 2019, 10:23 AM

no blame taken and none felt, just wanted to be clear and thank u for being nice about it :)

and you've got a rly great point about the poison/bleed/curse heavy bosses, I never realized that, thank u!

• SehatDanKuat LV.21 S Jul 20, 2019, 02:46 PM

If on Rumble Arena situation hp More is Good choice.. when it goes in World Boss/Ragna Boss.. Defense is Top priority (A grade Bikini is a mostly pro players Use) Liangchou specialy

• Yamantaka LV.8 Bamboozled Jul 21, 2019, 09:39 AM

I know little to nothing about gear and stats and would like to know more so thanks for those links! Question, how is CRIT on attackers? I use CRIT gear for my attackers, assuming they would hit harder and all?

Home