Karthus LV.5 Good Leader
Jan 18, 2019, 05:00 AM 5,840 read

Best solution for the snowflake bug(Final words, good job devs for admitting and fixing it)

FORUM

It is estimated that people who abused the bug got about 20 million gold from it. After people hearing about the confiscation of gold, people are not dumb, they are gonna spend those 20 million gold first before the game can confiscate them.   First scenario: Those who abused the bug have their gold balance minus 20 million and become 0. This doesn't do shit because those who abused the bug already spent the gold and other people are still 20 million gold behind them in terms of game progress. Worst solution possible.   Second scenario: Those who abused the bug have their gold balance minus 20 million and become -20 million gold balance. In this scenario, those who abused the bug can't extract onyx, can't do gold summon, can't evolve, can't uncap and many thing else for about 30 days. This solution will just make those who abused the bug quit the game because they basically can't do anything in game for 30 days. Bad solution.   Third scenario: Developer gives those who DID NOT abuse the bug 20 million gold. This solution means everyone is now equal in terms of game progress. It is kinda like the solution Korea Destiny Child used when they fked up the summon pool(97% 4 star, 3% 5 star child), they did not take back anything and just open the pool for everybody for like a day or two as celebration and everyone was happy about it. So yea, give 20 million gold to those who did not abuse the bug will be fair for everyone in terms of game progress,everyone gets gold so everyone is happy, no one quits the game. Best solution possible. If you agree with this solution, please upvote this post so the developers can see this. Thank you.   Edit: After the maintenance, the devs chose the second scenario. I personally didn't use the bug so I'm fine with it. I originally only wanted everyone get out happy from this incident. Now you get a lot of angry people rage quitting like I predicted. If I was one of them, I would rage too. You are basically punishing players for the mistake you, the devs, made. In the terms of service of this game, there was not a single one that says "you can't sell snowflake for gold, if you do, you get punished). This post has the highest upvote in this forum, and devs still chose to ignore it. This incident shows that the global destiny child company doesn't really listen to players' voice, and I worry very much about the future of global DC with this company..   Edit again, final words: It seems like the devs finally heard the voice of the players. They will be giving out gold as compensation + double gold event. Good job devs, for admitting the mistake and fixing it swiftly. Give them a round of applause !

Comment 49

• Djsunplex LV.2 Team Player Jan 18, 2019, 05:12 AM

I hope they see this post, because I don’t feel like they are putting any effort into this problem so far.

• Mammon Archbishop LV.17 Sage Jan 18, 2019, 05:59 AM

I have been a good boiiiiiii while people are getting to 0 gold

• R.E.Z LV.20 Gameboy Jan 18, 2019, 06:15 AM

• Acolyte of Mammon LV.8 Champagne Showers! Jan 18, 2019, 05:28 AM

You can't blame players for what the devs put into the game. Its fixed you didn't get any gold, don't be mad.

• Karthus LV.5 Good Leader Jan 18, 2019, 05:39 AM

Im not sure if you fully understand the situation.
    I personally know some of the highest paying players in this game. And they have noticed the effect of 20 million gold advantage on pvp ranking, and some of them are outrageous that some people who didn't even spend that much money beat them in pvp ranking and they were upset that 200 crystal was the solution. They are waiting for devs next move to decide whether to quit or not. And believe me, the devs wont want to piss those high paying players off.

• Acolyte of Mammon LV.8 Champagne Showers! Jan 18, 2019, 05:49 AM

Agreed but those high paying customers do realize that there is a cap anyway and all they did was rush to get beat by patient freemium players at a later date anyway.

• Mammon Archbishop LV.17 Sage Jan 18, 2019, 05:57 AM

Hallelujah , that’s basically saying :

Hey DC , i have spend enough money to feed an entire family for 3 months but this peasant now have a chance to get nice equipment , punish them and gimme money ;) ;)

• Karthus LV.5 Good Leader Jan 18, 2019, 06:07 AM

A chance to get nice equips through unfair means.
    Is it fair to those people who didnt abuse the bug?
    And no, players didnt do anything wrong, they shouldn't be punished. It is the game developer that made a mistake and I want them to make it fair for EVERYONE, and not just for those bug abusers to take away the 20 million gold advantage while everyone else still struggle earning 600k gold everyday. It is just unfair.

• Mammon Archbishop LV.17 Sage Jan 18, 2019, 06:11 AM

struggling for 600 k everyday ? Do you even do hard underground dungeon?

• Karthus LV.5 Good Leader Jan 18, 2019, 06:13 AM

around 300k from hard underground and 300k from hard gold dungeon, im not counting special events, 600k from daily events, am i wrong?

• Mammon Archbishop LV.17 Sage Jan 18, 2019, 06:15 AM

yeah easy as fuck to do , if you do hard underground 3 times you have more then a million per day

• Mammon Archbishop LV.17 Sage Jan 18, 2019, 06:16 AM

600K is peanuts for daily players

• Zenneth (Sephiria) LV.19 Sage Jan 18, 2019, 06:53 AM

Mammon Archbishop  me like peanuts <3

• Gon Gonzales LV.3 Lurker Jan 18, 2019, 03:25 PM

Mammon Archbishop  if your f2p nope.. thats the max you can get :D 95~99% of f2p dont reset dungeon

• Mammon Archbishop LV.17 Sage Jan 18, 2019, 06:13 AM

Your so close friend can buy be a car with what they spent in crystal to get 5* and unlimited gold in shop to lvl up these , i will never feel bad for the upper whales

• Karthus LV.5 Good Leader Jan 18, 2019, 06:18 AM

btw, idk where your solution is. I offered a solution that can balance the 20 million unfair gold advantage for EVERYBODY. And all you are doing is defending that the devs should give 20 million gold advantage to bug abusers with no penalty(assuming their gold balance doesnt go below 0). If you can think of a better solution to balance the unfair gold advantage, go ahead. Im listening. (and on another note, you are starting to sound like a bug abuser to me)

• Mammon Archbishop LV.17 Sage Jan 18, 2019, 06:27 AM

making an entire day for everyone to sale 1:1000 snow

they did the same when they fucked up the summon ratio in KOR version by making 97% 4* 3% 5*

And you sound like a whale to me

• Karthus LV.5 Good Leader Jan 18, 2019, 06:34 AM

Mammon Archbishop  Im not sure if spending $500 on a game is a whale or not, but i sure dont like people getting 20 million gold advantage from a bug while those who didn't abuse the bug can only watch. Back to the topic, I thought about your solution already. It is just gonna snowball so that people get 40 million free gold now. It is nice for players, but I think devs are more likely to go with 20 million free gold for everybody.

• Mammon Archbishop LV.17 Sage Jan 18, 2019, 06:40 AM

Karthus  that 20 millions math is bs tho , miku snowflakes amount is purely RNG and more % if you have 1 or both miku , it’s already an RNG situation if people get to 320000 snowflakes or not . Dev have better chance to give less gold if they put it into the RNG fate ( in mammon’s hand ) then 20 millions to EVERYONE , even afk’s, even lvl 1 ( omg lvl 1 with 20 million i would shit myself)

did you think about it ? Did you think about how MORE unfair it is to give 20 millions to someone afk for like 20 days ?

If your hardworking friends rage about this they will rage MORE if people who doesn’t even play the game anymore gain this .

• Mammon Archbishop LV.17 Sage Jan 18, 2019, 06:40 AM

Karthus 

• Karthus LV.5 Good Leader Jan 18, 2019, 06:47 AM

Mammon Archbishop  Good. At least we are having a real conversation about the issue now. It can be solved by giving only those who have been active in the past few days the gold. Just like those community events, some people actually took the time to do the event, but the reward was given to those who didnt do the event too, there are always free riders. It can't be avoided that some people gain more than others from this mistake made by devs, but at least it can minimize the gap between those who abused the bug and those who didn't.

• Mammon Archbishop LV.17 Sage Jan 18, 2019, 06:49 AM

Karthus  exactly we now agree on this point , also I mic dropped just because i do not have any other argument about this case , this is not a taunt

• Mammon Archbishop LV.17 Sage Jan 18, 2019, 06:50 AM

Karthus  discussion between the people , violent or not is how the people go forward .

• R.E.Z LV.20 Gameboy Jan 18, 2019, 06:52 AM

Mammon Archbishop  How most of my “discussions” go.

• Zenneth (Sephiria) LV.19 Sage Jan 18, 2019, 06:54 AM

R.E.Z  Like " MOVE !@#%h get out of way !! " xD and a vegeta going almost Legendary super saiyan !

• Karthus LV.5 Good Leader Jan 18, 2019, 06:55 AM

Mammon Archbishop  All i hope is that the devs can make the right decision about this issue. This game just started, and it would be sad that this game loses founding players with dumb solutions such as the first scenario I listed.

• NO NAME verified Jan 18, 2019, 09:06 AM

Mammon Archbishop  There is nothing inherently wrong or dishonest with being a whale. It’s an acceptable practice, above board, and transparent. Those that exploited this bug are in a gray area at best, and threaten the integrity of the game at worst. The opportunists knew they were exploiting a mistake. Stop defending your actions while throwing the actual financial backers of the game under the bus. If you were a whale who invested a lot of money, you’d be angry about the situation too. It’s not fair to them, and the dev’s mistake doesn’t just make it ok to do whatever you want. There are rules. I am neither a whale, nor one of the exploiters. Just here being pragmatic and telling it like it is.

• Acolyte of Mammon LV.8 Champagne Showers! Jan 18, 2019, 06:26 AM

Are you mad because we get to be fancy too lord Karthas?

• gamer522730242 LV.2 Lurker Jan 18, 2019, 10:48 AM

I don't think scenario 3 is 100% fair. What would be fair is to change snowflakes ratio back to 1k gold. Also they could allow everyone to sell them within a period for that price then change it back to 1 gold. Thus, everyone has fair treatment.

• Ukyo LV.5 Lurker Jan 18, 2019, 07:01 AM

Sincerely the second scenario would be funny , blood and tears. I think they have to go hard on the abusers because if they don't people will feel confident to abuse any other bug/ mistake that appears , or you set it as example now or people will do it every time they have an opportunity to abuse. Which is not something the devs want I guess

• NO NAME verified Jan 18, 2019, 07:17 AM

Very nice idea man, no wonder why your topic is the only topic about this Shit Fest with 15 upvotes and 1 downvote.

• Moru LV.10 Nomad Jan 18, 2019, 05:18 AM

My golds needs some love from the devs I'm so broke rn 😂😂😂

• Zenneth (Sephiria) LV.19 Sage Jan 18, 2019, 06:33 AM

i liked your post only cause i don't want to eat ur ulti !!!

I have too low HP remain and i don't think i can stand it without zhonya's :<

• LFthicc LV.7 Nomad Jan 18, 2019, 12:00 PM

Clap for this guy. 3rd scenario a best. Everyone’s happy!

• Marco Yip LV.1 Mootie Jan 18, 2019, 02:30 PM

support the third solution !!!!

• R.E.Z LV.20 Gameboy Jan 18, 2019, 06:01 AM

I just want longer event dates, maybe give us more to earn during the time we have before the reset. I mean I think the way they have the event miku dungeon is kinda blegh.

• Acolyte of Mammon LV.8 Champagne Showers! Jan 18, 2019, 06:04 AM

There are events every week so far my dude, what do you mean?

• lxjhzt LV.5 Lurker Jan 18, 2019, 06:03 AM

Nice solution. Hope they will follow this solution after considering long term return

• R.E.Z LV.20 Gameboy Jan 18, 2019, 06:08 AM

Eh, I know we have multiple events, I saying just extend them a tad.

• Acolyte of Mammon LV.8 Champagne Showers! Jan 18, 2019, 06:33 AM

OK I get you. I think if I didn't knock most of my play out before I went to bed/at reset I'd probably miss out on some stuff and be salty too.

Home