jabami LV.11 Chief
Mar 5, 2022, 05:31 AM 330 read

Devil rumble

FORUM

Not very good at dueling but I saw rankings and everyone top uses methuselah over nicole,checked Nicole skills and looked great for duel yet hardly anyone top use her..why is methuselah better than Nicole? Im sure im missing something critical and wanted someone more experienced to point it out. Also any duel tips are welcome, ty!

Comment 5

• ZSWBM LV.18 Sage Mar 5, 2022, 08:44 AM

Overall: meth is more control oriented and Nicole is more damage oriented.

The top rankers are all manual player, and they believe that having more control is the current meta.

Imagine when the match just started, every child is close to max out their gauge. Because you manual, you get to use skill before the enemy does:

If you use meth: 3 enemies skill gauge basically resets, with the decrease in skill gauge charge speed combined with snow bomb, those 3 childs basically can’t cast any skill until your meth can use his slide again.

If you use Nicole: 3 enemies gets poisoned and slowed, but without skill drain, those 3 childs can still use their skill and effectively hitting your child. The effect of snow bomb is very minimal then as they are using that time in skill cool down anyway, and all the damage has already been done.

If you only use Nicole’s tap, it only targets 2 enemies and has no decrease in skill gauge charge speed nor snow bomb, in contrast to meths slide that targets 3. So if your goal is to stop enemy from casting their skills, why would you use Nicole when meth is clearly a better choice here?

• tachiiderps LV.12 Chief Mar 5, 2022, 09:33 AM

Id say most of it has to do with Methuselah being an older unit but does just as much as Nicole. So if you have more uncaps, ofc you'd just ignite the older unit, which is exactly what I've done.

Now if you ask me to compare the two, I'd say Methuselah still edges out Nicole by a little bit just because his slide does a better job at stopping your opponents first slides than Nicole does. Her slide doesn't do that and her Tap only targets 2. While Methu's slide target 3.

In fact, Methuselah is so impactful now that I started using him that I don't even use Wood Sytry anymore. Ever since ignition, preventing your opponents from sliding is pretty much the meta.

At the moment, only Methuselah and Natalis can target 3 units and pretty much "stun" the opponent for awhile while your DoTs slowly kill them.

• Paul Green LV.20 S Mar 5, 2022, 07:03 AM

methuselah was released a lot sooner so more folks had time to fully max him. biggest differences between him and blue nicole are:
    - his drive stuns vs her drive overlaps with slide so it can be wasteful; can be nice to have two drive options to stun with methu and green sytry
    - his slides slows and removes partial gauge on top of snow bomb vs her slide slows via freeze and poison with snow bomb; his slide nukes defenders, her slide I rarely use unless i'm clearly winning
    - his tap is useless vs her tap is godly; thisbe and nicole work wonders tapping down attackers
    - he has an alt skin, she don't (yet, maybe, idk)

overall, both serve similar purposes and the primary difference in usage from what i can tell is timing.

• jabami LV.11 Chief Mar 5, 2022, 11:39 PM

Ah I see, tysm for ur replies guys. This was very informative n helpful. Cheers

• Kaladin LV.3 Lurker Mar 6, 2022, 04:51 PM

Why not both? My Methuselah is fully ignited, +2, and my Nicole, fully uncapped, but not ignited. In my matchmaking, I win most times. I play manual though. The losses are from failed experiments with full auto, or simply not paying attention to the fight. In the future if I ignite Nicole, she'll be a powerhouse with Methuselah, Sytry, and Natalis. I think, I could make a great team if I added Thisbe. Of course, I'll listen to advice, if anyone has any.

Home