Paradox3759 LV.14 Chief
Oct 10, 2021, 05:06 PM 719 read

Why are the Official YouTube Channels being abandoned, all 3 of them?

FORUM
DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - Why are the Official YouTube Channels being abandoned, all 3 of them? image 1
DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - Why are the Official YouTube Channels being abandoned, all 3 of them? image 2
DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - Why are the Official YouTube Channels being abandoned, all 3 of them? image 3

Comment 22

• Kharl LV.24 Wizard Oct 10, 2021, 09:24 PM

Probably due to budget cut. They stopped doing most of the supplemental contents for a while now. They still do the RB preview and RB story for KR, though.

• Paradox3759 LV.14 Chief Oct 10, 2021, 10:17 PM

Oh my! Is the game really suffering financially that much ?

• Tony Li LV.9 Nomad Oct 11, 2021, 02:47 AM

• Kharl LV.24 Wizard Oct 11, 2021, 01:43 PM

I don't have the numbers but they took a couple of cost cutting measures in the last few months:

- Closed down Japanese branch office. Transferred the management of DC JP to a team at Korean HQ.

- Japanese voice acting for Ragna story "indefinitely postponed" starting from season 26.

- Stopped releasing Thai and French translation for stories.

Even so, they're still hiring people for DC team and they'll be releasing a new mode on KR soon so they're trying their best to keep the game running, at least for now.

• Tony Li LV.9 Nomad Oct 11, 2021, 03:14 PM

I personally wouldn't mind a small scription fee to keep the game going. most console games you pay a flat fee to purchase, but they also have no updates or close no replay value, once you beat the game.

• Kharl LV.24 Wizard Oct 11, 2021, 04:05 PM

Charging subscription fee will hurt this game more than helping them. F2p players will drop this game and even fewer new players will be willing to try it as soon as they introduce the fee, no matter how cheap it is.

If you're happy to pay the fee, then you can buy their monthly packages.

• DIB Gaming LV.20 S Oct 11, 2021, 11:48 PM

I definitely agree with this one maybe I'll start doing that not that that little bit of money is really going to help but I would love to see this game continue for years to come

• Tony Li LV.9 Nomad Oct 12, 2021, 02:51 AM

I do buy package, but mostly just the onyx and gold. most of the other packages are either too expensive or not as crucial

• Paradox3759 LV.14 Chief Oct 11, 2021, 06:16 PM

That will affect the game more negatively.
    I think the best thing they can do is lower the prices of stuff in shop, increase the amount of skins in game, and decrease the Blood Gems gain amount by slight difference.
    Most players I know usually play because of skins (but instead of skins, DC gives us new childs altogether, which are kinda free to get). But to get skins people will pay up front.
    Advertising the game more will also help. I don't remember I ever saw an ad by them. Other games advertise a ton even though the their actual games are shit. This is a gem but it's sad they don't advertise much

• DIB Gaming LV.20 S Oct 11, 2021, 11:43 PM

I agree with you if they were to lower the prices of most of the stuff in the store people will be enticed to buy stuff more. about the blood gems I wouldn't say decrease them because when it comes down to the free-to-play players they're be pushed to stop playing because they won't be to get the Skins they want. I also was in the Japanese and Korean versions to allow people to get the Skins after the events with blood gems. the issue is with the Japanese version there is barely any free-to-play side of it. you have to pay for the costumes when they come out and they don't go to the rebirth Labyrinth. and then the lack of crystals you get that's also why the global version is the way it is. Yes we do get the daily dungeons just like the one the Korean versions but we take the bed elements from the Japanese version as well. another thing I think that would be good will be adding a skip button the missions that are already done people can get more grinding in game done quicker meaning dailies. try to concentrate on bringing new content to each version of the game instead of concentrating on just the Korean version but I can understand with the cutbacks why they would do that.

• Danbo de Piano LV.27 Bamboozled Oct 14, 2021, 12:08 AM

they may be also getting ready with more resources for further finishing and readying launch for project Eve which had gotten a fair amount of online new attention recently from some mainstream media sources which then got some of the Twitter puritan brigade officers all up in a fuss

• Paradox3759 LV.14 Chief Oct 14, 2021, 12:33 AM

Quite possible

• ZelphuS LV.23 Good Leader Oct 11, 2021, 03:45 AM

I'm very sad for this fabulous game...
    Destiny Child ending is coming ? :/

• DIB Gaming LV.20 S Oct 11, 2021, 11:45 PM

hopefully not for a long time coming I'm thinking about messaging shift up on their site about a couple of ideas that may help but I'm pretty sure will fall on deaf ears

• Tony Li LV.9 Nomad Oct 11, 2021, 02:47 AM

• Tony Li LV.9 Nomad Oct 11, 2021, 02:51 AM

The revenue seems kind of low. I wonder what's the net profit?

• OhNoBees LV.9 Nomad Oct 12, 2021, 11:51 AM

When DC Global arrived, they advertised in mobile games. That's how I found them. Even though DC is in it's late stage of life, it might be a good strategy. Especially if new content was added to either bridge the gap cooperatively between vets and new players or split the gap further with completely separate tier systems so that new players weren't competing with (or assisting) whales and vets, but only with other players at their tier. Less intimidating that way.

Or maybe add special competitions where you could opt in, and it required a small weekly/monthly entrance fee of real money, and the prizes could be some unique thing, either functional or cosmetic. Like a prestige item or skin that others wouldn't have.

• Gatsu86 LV.24 Champion Oct 12, 2021, 12:42 PM

The problem with the weekly / monthly fee is that this is a game of gacha which means we roll for odds on multis per unit or other staff and to do so you already need a currency (crystals). It can be saved for free but at the same time it can be purchased on the shop.
    If they add a constant quota to everyone, it will be the end of the game because F2P will not continue it and whoever buys bundles or packages will also stop probably because there will be far fewer people fighting events (WB, ect.), making them more difficult to get good rewards or with less rewards (by devs changes for balanced it) or it will get boring for some.

Probably the only practical solution is to attract more players with some interesting or fresh game mode (for example Ragna Burst). Or with more advertising in other online media.

Long live DC, I hope. :)

• Paradox3759 LV.14 Chief Oct 12, 2021, 03:51 PM

I think everyone agrees that Advertising is the most crucial part here, which they are ignoring rn idk why

• Kharl LV.24 Wizard Oct 12, 2021, 04:43 PM

I saw their ads during their first year of operation when they were still managed by LINE Games. They also did a promotional campaign with various streamers when they launched TapTap version. My guess is that they can't compete with those crappy games which seem to have a budget for advertisement so large they can flush out any other competitors.

• Paradox3759 LV.14 Chief Oct 12, 2021, 07:59 PM

I agree with you on that topic

• OhNoBees LV.9 Nomad Oct 13, 2021, 12:31 AM

I was thinking less in terms of a constant quota for everyone, but more a special game where people can choose to enter and pay some small fee or not.

Also it wouldn't necessarily be who can do the most damage, but have a gatcha feel, like, for example, a skin to 10 players who could do closest to 666,666 damage on some previous Ragna boss, or who could get 8 missed attacks in a row or some random goal, in some way that new people would have an opportunity to compete.

Home