gamer171 LV.3 Lurker
Aug 31, 2021, 12:26 AM 224 read

Allure not working against fortitude?

FORUM

I am still confused about allure. Doesn’t it say that it cancels all effects of buffs? Isn’t fortitude a buff? Because in PVP it seems that the enemies who has a heart symbol on them (allured) I still hit 0 damage on them as their fortitude is still in effect.   Or are only the newly applied buffs, After getting hit by allure debuff, will be ineffective? It did not say that the buff effects will be canceled when they are applied after allure (is present), it just says it will nullify all buffs effects when it hits an enemy, period.   Now I think about it, I think I did see my childs still healing from continuous heal after getting allured (maybe I’m remembering it wrong; I rarely get allured in pvp/pve)? But based on allure description, shouldn’t Sytry’s slide just make fortitude and immortal buffs completely ineffective? But I don’t feel like it ever worked in this way. Or maybe they are just not buffs...?   Sigh, the more I type here the more I get confused about how allure works.   It’s kinda driving me nuts, will appreciate any insight on this.  

Comment 4

• dMemphiz LV.3 Lurker Aug 31, 2021, 02:28 AM

Haha no need to over think this. Simply put, any preexisting buffs are still in effect. Any new buffs that try to apply after the allure debuff are canceled.

• gamer171 LV.3 Lurker Sep 1, 2021, 10:07 AM

It's that simple? Thanks that clears things up. The description should really say: Nullify all effects of buffs applied thereafter. Sigh, guess I need to find another way to counter the fortitude childs. Think I’ll try using Ophois more in PVP see if she can help with it, just getting destroyed by the new fortitude defender.

• Cheesaw LV.19 Assassin Sep 1, 2021, 11:55 PM

Who's the new fortitude defender?

• gamer171 LV.3 Lurker Sep 2, 2021, 12:56 AM

You know, the new kid Clotho. Everybody is using her it’s ridiculous. And ironically for her name, Clotho, considering how little clothes she is wearing. And even more ironically despite the little clothing, she defends like a mofo.

4 fortitudes to 3 allies, plus excellent reflect to 3 allies, plus 3 k shields to all allies???!!! Really?! 4 fortitudes is already ridiculous and she giving that to 3 allies (granting 12 fortitudes total) is just beyond ridiculous and wrong, and the 2 Other guard buffs at the same time, really??

So one of the her allies will have 4 fortitudes and reflecting 40/50%+ damage at the same time (because 3 and 3 allies overlaps), and all 5 allies will have a 3k shield.

The description says 2k+ for her shield buff but it is actually close to 3k if not 3k plus. I have tested this; it’s just like my Maat skill description says that she can only heal 300 per 2 sec to all when in actual battle she can heal above 400; the calculation in the skill description DOES NOT add the green stats. I gave her green stat attack (equipment, bath, carta) even higher than her normal (yellow) so she can heal very well every world boss.

The shields from Dana and Clotho will be depending on the yellow + green stats as well, but it only shows the calculation based on the yellow stats in the skill description. So the reflect she can grant to 3 allies is probably over 50%, too, but it’s difficult to test reflect. Reflecting 50%+ dmg, is just, not right.

So all her allies will have 2 guard buffs (either fortitude or reflect plus a shield) and one of her allies will have 3 guard buffs...

Please, someone tell me the skill for 3 guard buff blast before I make a really bad drawing of Clotho (like a 5 year old’s) and post it online (I get my revenge one way or another). I thought allure, once hit, will cancel all her existing guard buffs, but that was too good to be true. With my “amazing” artistic skills, I swear I’ll make her gorgeous body look Patrick Star (both pink enough to me) who has stayed in the sauna for 24, days, straight. Someone better do something before my artistic sh*t gets wild.

Home