Fuyumi LV.5 Lurker
Jul 26, 2021, 12:32 PM 254 read

Fever Time Mechanics

FORUM

Hello folks, I'm trying to understand what "exactly" happens during Fever Time. I'm aware you get a good 15-20 or so seconds of unlimited tapping, but I'm curious if there are unwritten restrictions or blocks part of the deal.   Specifically I'll use Moonlight Artemist as my example, be it back on Seth or the current Juno (with Tiwaz's Direct Hit active), I kind of imagine there's just no way the Magic Damage is being triggered. Likewise, am I safe to assume that all 3 of her on tap hits trigger every tap?   I guess the plain way to say it would be: Is the basic attack all that's registered during a Fever Time tapfest, or are other factors coming into the mix, idk stuff like Chang'e's instant charge, Dana's debuff immunity, Ophois' anti barrier etc. In a way I can sort of see why Bastet is ranked fairly high for Raids even though Blind isn't doing much.

Comment 18

• Kharl LV.23 Wizard Jul 26, 2021, 01:31 PM

[Regarding Fever]
    - Limited to 70 hits. Fever Time will immediately end once you reached the limit.
    - Damage is based on Tap Skill (TS).
    - If TS attacks only once, Fever dmg is 60% of TS damage.
    - If TS attacks multiple times, Fever dmg is 60% of a single hit of TS.
    - If TS doesn't attack enemies (such as light Maat's), Fever dmg is equal to an auto attack.
    - Doesn't grant buffs/debuffs.
    - Fever will not trigger critical hit unless the attacker is buffed with "Focus" buff.
    - All TS's special conditions (ignore DEF, bonus damages, etc.) as well as buffs/debuffs present will affect Fever dmg.
    Note: Bonus damages (except DEF-ignored) are not subjected to 60% dmg adjustment and will be added to the adjusted TS dmg as-is.

• Fuyumi LV.5 Lurker Jul 26, 2021, 03:49 PM

So if I understand correctly, having a higher multi hit count just burns to the Fever cap quicker then or is that 70 instances of using a tap in general during the given time?

The "Doesn't grand de/buffs" part probably is what explains how it just felt improbable that Magic was coming up. Even factoring debuff accuracy being unrelated to normal accuracy... it felt unlikely that by the end of my 1st Fever Damage count it was like.. 500k when a single Weak Type Magic is a bit over 100k each.
    Thanks sir.

• Kharl LV.23 Wizard Jul 26, 2021, 05:11 PM

"having a higher multi hit count just burns to the Fever cap quicker then or is that 70 instances of using a tap in general during the given time?"

It fits into this case:
    - If TS attacks multiple times, Fever dmg is 60% of a single hit of TS.

I guess I should rephrase it to:
    - If TS attacks multiple times, each hit of Fever will cause damage equal to 60% of a single hit of TS.

Using multi-hit tappers will not make you reach Fever cap faster.

• Fuyumi LV.5 Lurker Jul 27, 2021, 06:55 AM

Got it so regardless if TS has 1 or multiple hit, the damage is still 60% of the "normal" TS, but a multi hit just strikes more often as normal.

So in a bubble, using Bastet during Fever would still give better output than fire Bathory cuz one hits 3/4 times per TS while the other only does once and both lose their de/buff portions to their TS during Fever.

• Kharl LV.23 Wizard Jul 27, 2021, 01:27 PM

Not exactly. For example, let's say your Bastet normally does 1000 dmg 4 times (so 4000 dmg total) per one tap outside Fever Time. During Fever, when you tap her, she'll do 600 dmg only once.

• Fuyumi LV.5 Lurker Jul 27, 2021, 04:24 PM

Well now I'm really confused. At least the Artemis and Virupa types got clear positives. But I don't understand why Bastet would be ranked that high if she has an unreliable secondary effect out of Fever, and loses the main trait of her TS during it.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding or overestimating the value of Fever in Ragna. Although it makes Bridal Hildr's TS look a bit less lame if there are no multi hit anyway (well obviously Focus too I guess).

I thought Ragna was TS skewed because of the regular Fever Time, but I guess I was wrong. Obviously I'd still go with Artemis over Ophois in a Light Ragna, but maybe the high multi hit TS isn't as important as I misunderstood...

• Toeknee LV.23 Warrior Jul 26, 2021, 05:56 PM

The Magic damage appears in yellow digits. It's kinda in the background but if you look for it you'll see it when you strike with Artemis.

The amount of time we have to execute fever damage of course is fixed, but it's more than enough time to get all the hits in. That being said if we're interrupted during the fever attack, we still have time to get the rest of the hits in.

Also. At all speeds the fever attack is the same rate. The clock itself will slow down to x1 for fever time if say you were playing on x2 or x3.

I believe Double Edge Sword also factors into the fever damage.

Artemis's frenzy also factors in.

We always favor one drive skill over another to be the 3rd drive. This time it's Artemis, but in other raids it could be Bikini Lisa or Battle Kitty Neamhain because they will offer something like additional attack or increased weak point final blow. It all depends.

I posted a few raid battles so feel free to examine them if you wish.

This one is a fine example, just watch how I buff the attacker before every fevertime.

https://moot.us/lounges/73/boards/402/posts/3319625/secret-bride-ragna-break-cleopatra-edition

The one in the link there are 4 buffs I think that factored into the fevertime.

1. Neptune's Slide for Double Edge Sword

2. Rookie Mona's slide for Aid ( +15 weak point damage Though this one randomly goes on an ally )

3. Neamhain's slide for Boost Flail ( for ATK +3017 )

4. Cleopatra's tap for focus.

5. Neamhain's drive skill ( ATK +40% )

( 6. ? Pantheon's slide skill I'm not sure if it works with focus. Probably not )

Since Cleopatra's focus comes from her tap skill we can choose the drive skill in this case.

Also about Cleo's tap skill, it has a fail rate, so if it doesn't come out, the party must wait until it does work.

Of course Cleo is now obsolete so why am I telling you about this ? I just think this presentation and an explanation will answer some of your questions and even provide you with some actual experience.

In that battle you'll see me take my time before every fever, making sure Cleo's focus comes into play, then I'll make sure she's freshly buffed before Neamhain triggers fever. Though we needn't wait for something like focus to work in every other battle, it's still a good practice to be more calculated before a fever attack, this time it's making sure...

Tiwaz's tap skill ( direct hit ) is applied

double edge sword is in effect

Semele's slide is in effect

Then Artemis's drive skill

• Tony Li LV.7 Nomad Jul 26, 2021, 01:38 PM

During fever you can tap 70 times.

Magic is a debuff but Juno's leader buff counter it. To land Magic more often the accessory slot 2 with Increase Debuff accuracy will help.

Juno's drive has increase eva to self for 50 seconds

Tiwaz direct hit is up to 95% at most which could still miss

I set Tiwaz to tap only because Juno's fortitude is always up.

• Fuyumi LV.5 Lurker Jul 26, 2021, 03:43 PM

I just re-read his boss info, doesn't that come in effect EXCEPT for Weak Skill units aka in this case Artemis aka a Dark unit on a Light unit?

• Tony Li LV.7 Nomad Jul 26, 2021, 04:21 PM

There's a difference between debuff eva (in this case magic, which means Juno can eva magic which it's a debuff) and eva (applies to tap, fever tap, slide not sure about drive) which is why you need this to land Magic more accurately. As for ignition core amp crt and amp agl will increase magic damage.

• Fuyumi LV.5 Lurker Jul 26, 2021, 04:29 PM

That part I get (nice Option btw), but since it seems like debuffs don't factor during Fever Time it also doesn't matter in that specific case. Outside of Fever Time sure, but that wasn't my question, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Also its really looking like the Leader Buff doesn't affect Artemis.
    "Debuff Res +40% AND Debuff Duration Cut -60% AND All Skill Def +70% EXCEPT for Weak Point attribute for all allies." feel like it would all be together in the same sentence, separated from "Unable to use Focus buffs" which comes after the exception notice, so that part would be for anybody (well I can only think of Bridal Hildr but if there others then them too).
    But the exemption mention would work in Artemis's favour, but not Mafdet or Hel.

Mind you I could very well be still the one in the wrong where my idea of logical reading isn't the point of their game listing, so sorry if that's the case and I'm overthinking this.

• Kharl LV.23 Wizard Jul 26, 2021, 05:39 PM

Everything listed in the Leader Buff are independent of each other. Boss will have additional 40% chance to resist your Artemis's Magic Damage.

• Fuyumi LV.5 Lurker Jul 27, 2021, 04:41 AM

Alright, then it's my bad. It probably only tickles my grammar senses cuz that what I'm studying now. Good to know every segment is meant to be treated as their own separate sentences of sorts.

• JJamez LV.7 Nomad Jul 26, 2021, 03:01 PM

In regards to Moonlight Artemis, I'm not exactly sure what you meant by her not triggering her Magic damage. It isnt triggered or chance to use. Specifically her Tap Skill (only in Raids and vs. Light Type enemy). Her Magic damage (bonus damage) can be increased from Critical and Weak Point attacks. So because Juno is Light Type and so was Seth in Ragna Raids, Artemis TS Magic Damage is in effect or if you rather say "Triggered" but I wouldnt use that term because its not like Moonlight Artemis requires a skill/action/buff/debuff/attack in order to trigger Magic Damage.

• Fuyumi LV.5 Lurker Jul 26, 2021, 04:02 PM

What I meant was that I questioned if Fever kept the secondary effects of a Child's Tap during the mash fest, in this case Artemis' Magic.
    The reason I asked was cuz by the time my first Fever time ends, assuming Tiwaz's Direct Hit is on for the majority of it, my count would be around 500k damage (I'm sure that's pretty low comparatively, sorry). Give or take as I'm not sure if Semele's improved Tap factors in, I imagine Aid does. Same for Lupin's crit related buffs being mostly useless during Fever.

Point being, at a bit over 100k Magic damage per Tap, even factoring Magic using debuff ACC instead of on hit accuracy.... that felt VERY low. But Kharl listed a bunch of reasons why it wasn't gonna work like I initially thought (which honestly probably is for the best cuz that would be an absurd amount of damage).

• JJamez LV.7 Nomad Jul 27, 2021, 09:16 AM

ahhh ok, i get what you meant more now. Its kinda irritating having to factor in so many things in the fight. Juno is a pain in the ass whom constantly throws up that fortitude at pretty much any given time so to speak. and Tiwaz doesnt always land Direct Hit so when my Artemis atks, its a pain watching them 0's... but I must say, after I gave and changed her Core Amp....damn, she boosted up so much, obliterates Juno. I was stuck at like Rank 78 in Ragna Rank for most of the week...when I gotta chance to play again, on Saturday, decided to change her core and by just doing that, I'm at rank 23 now.

• Tony Li LV.7 Nomad Jul 27, 2021, 12:08 PM

During fever tap, magic dmg is not a part of the calculated dmg. if you look closely at the end of fever you might see magic dmg whick is yellow color.

• Fuyumi LV.5 Lurker Jul 27, 2021, 04:30 PM

Yeah it just doesn't seem to be coming up during Fever tapping, I was questioning if I was just not seeing it through the massive scroll of attacks or it was just not a part of that sequence at all.
    Cuz you're right, under normal tapping and when it's not resisted, the number is represented in a different color to keep track easier (that I kind of like)

Home