OhNoBees LV.7 Nomad
Jul 17, 2021, 09:24 AM 298 read

PSA Aurora Kings and Golden Charinns

FORUM
DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - PSA Aurora Kings and Golden Charinns image 1

With the addition of ignition and super hard hitting childs, Auroras and Charinns can now be defeated very quickly by some players. There's an etiquette that I have been using, especially now, that others might not know about.   The most polite thing to do when one of these is spawned by someone on the friends list is to wait until the friend that found it starts the attack before you join. But the battles can to be too quick, or the friend might take too long to discover what they have, and someone else might jump in to start the attack.   For anyone interested, I have found the best way to secure attacking them while still being considerate is to join the attack, but then press the pause button and wait a sensible amount of time before starting the attack, giving the finder/friends time to start their attack.   I have paused the game for long periods of time (I think a few times I have paused over an hour), and could still unpause and attack even if the Aurora/Charinn had been defeated long ago.

Comment 9

• Gatsu86 LV.24 Champion Jul 17, 2021, 10:20 AM

That is a good advice, but if the owner doesn’t check what he/she discovered is his/her fault in my opinion. If he/she are farming PvE to find a boss, he/she should be near the phone to interact with the discovery. Anyway this etiquette is applied mainly for normal bosses.

On the other hand, we should give enough time for them to enter but a slime is not a regular boss so I can understand if other starts it.

For slime I will wait until the owner or others start it, than I will join them.

• OhNoBees LV.7 Nomad Jul 17, 2021, 10:39 AM

I hear you. That makes sense.

I normally have sound/vibrate off in my phone, and I can't always keep my eye on the phone while I'm waiting for an Aurora to pop up, because farming one can take a long time.

I remember, though, in the last Ragna an Aurora spawned, and it was defeated in less than minute, which was a surprise to me when it happened. Since some people can now kill them that fast, I figured I'd post this, just in case that happens regularly to anyone.

It seems fair, since it was the farmer who took the time to find it.

• Gatsu86 LV.24 Champion Jul 17, 2021, 12:34 PM

Yes, Aurora king and all slime bosses are rare to find so is not simple to apply an etiquette there.

• Ravenous LV.22 Titan Jul 17, 2021, 06:01 PM

a. If you want to follow some good etiquette then call support before you raid your 40lvl blob. I do it personally and I actually only call support for gold raids so you know it's dinner time if my name pops up.

b. If you start a gold blob and pause others who would otherwise wait will see that someone is already going at it and probably join to finish it off. Probably before the founder arrives, too.

c. I'm of the mentality that gold blobs (40lvl ones) are free for all. And I've lost quite a few because I wasn't paying attention. But I'm not going to delete anyone because of it. However, the feeling should be mutual otherwise I don't want you in my friend list either. I have over 70 players who have been with me since the beginning and understand this but if we're not agreeable I can at least remove you to spare you the grievances of me "stealing" your gold raids (or go ahead and remove me first)

• OhNoBees LV.7 Nomad Jul 17, 2021, 06:56 PM

That's a good point Ravenous. It could be a double edged sword.

I try to always wait for someone to start the attack first before I go in and do the pause thing, but I should have mentioned that, plus the tapping call friends button first. I do that too. I just didn't want my post to become a TLDR wall of text.

PS: it takes way more than that for me to delete a friend. I even wait for a 6 month period before dropping inactive ones. This wasn't meant to be a grievance post, it was just an idea for anyone that might be interested :)

• Tony Li LV.7 Nomad Jul 17, 2021, 03:10 PM

if you are farming slyer points, king gives less slyer points then lvl 40 boss. if I discover a king I'll call for help then I enter the battle. if a friend discover it, I'll wait for someone to enter and play at speed 1.

• Kara Sol Stay Calm LV.20 Supersonic Jul 17, 2021, 05:27 PM

Some would argue that such considerations aren't worth their device battery.

• JJamez LV.7 Nomad Jul 18, 2021, 05:09 AM

***Warning, this Joke may contain sensitive content/context that may be inappropriate for players that have no sense of humor. Possible side effects that may occur, such as Headache, Nausea, Being Offended, Feeling Disrespected and/or any other aggressive/hostile behavior towards the "POSTer", please do NOT seek medical aid or schedule with your Doctor, as they will tell you that you are crazy (in which you will argue that you are not crazy, just insane.....).
    ***Travel expense for gas: $20, Doctor's appointment: $50-$100, Considerate ME: Priceless***
    -Cautionary Advisory Alert Ended- *Back to featured Post*

I think the only thing to consider here is for everyone (or at least 80 players, Whales preferred please) to add me as their friend so that I may have the chance to KS all your Blobs or wait patiently until I have attacked (do not worry, the wait shouldnt be too long, I am on 24/7 AFM (Away from Mobile) and I do not Sleep (I will sleep when I am dead....IRL, not IG). So please, be considerate of Only ME. ***For many or most of you, this is just a game... But for me, its MY LIFE*** I will consider accepting all friend requests, please be considerate that I am only accepting Whales. Thanks you all for your considerations and understanding.

• Kitty Eater LV.4 Lurker Jul 26, 2021, 08:05 AM

I'm not going to wait and constantly spam refresh to see if you're on it... You got 10 seconds minimum to jump on it. I rather take it then lose the chance to get it.

Same goes for my raids... If you see it, hit it. I still get discovery bonus for it. Not your fault, my slow ass isn't hitting it.

Also these raids finish 60+% faster. So you're waiting, it's probably gone when you check it again.

Home