Fuyumi LV.5 Lurker
Jul 10, 2021, 05:18 AM 372 read

Ignition Core Tips

FORUM

Good day everyone. I'd like to ask for advice in finding a good user for a Core I just got.   The core in question has Amp Def, Amp Agl and plain Atk. At the moment the only Child I have with a core is Isolde.   With the stat layout I'm picturing most Attackers not fitting in, but my current 6* Childs are Preacher Dana +2 Sunny Chang'e +1 Tamamo +6 Worker Neptune Pomona +1 Lupin +1 (and Ophois +4, Dreamer Saturn +1, Moonlight Artemist +1 and Serket +1 but I just don't imagine Attackers being good users for it).   Any suggestions? I wouldn't want to bore you with every single Child I have so I kept it to 6* but if someone just screams to mind maybe I can hold up too. Thank you all!

Comment 19

• Toeknee LV.23 Warrior Jul 10, 2021, 07:19 AM

Personally I would ideally use a core like that as fodder for the other slots, but if you insist then a supporter or debuffer class for sure.

Lupin does hit pretty hard for a support class unit, so if you want to give her that core it's really up to you. Besides it's a pretty good idea to give her a defense core since we expect Lupin will be taking some abuse in every raid.

• Fuyumi LV.5 Lurker Jul 10, 2021, 03:58 PM

Well I do have a few single Amp cores I'm saving as fodder, but so far the only double Amp I have are Def cores (and obviously no triple Amp cores). I want to try and avoid overwriting/wasting cores long run.

What would you personally see as more valuable... within reason (sure enough Amp Atk + Amp Agl + Amp Crit would be neat but probably unlikely).

Initially I thought of Chang'e, to pair with Isolde... but considering I'm still low on uncaps across the board that would just make things slower still.... plus it seems like she's getting replaced with more specific units like Giltine for WB (and I assume one for Raid and PvP too) so I'd keep the Water spares / just weak child for Isolde and look at another element, seems like that's Dark.

• Toeknee LV.23 Warrior Jul 11, 2021, 01:33 AM

In my case the only units I care to have excellent cores are the attackers.

As far as I can tell we'll have to settle for low end cores every now and then.

For supporters and debuffers, I think amplified stats won't make or break them. ATK AGL CRT all have to do with damage output, so DEF is fine for them in my book.

Of course if any unit has the stats associated with damage output is better, but for us to have an outstanding core for every unit... Too good, but getting the cores will be a disaster that can affect the lives of 99% of people.

Giltine is only good for fire WB, as her effects only come to life for water units in wb. Igniting her now would be a bad idea, cause she'll be of no use for awhile.

Ignition is more endgame as the cores are rare and expensive and it requires us to fodder something like ten 5☆ units ? ( I forgot)

Ignition can stifle/slow your progress.

To put that into perspective, when ignition was introduced it became difficult to complete units as we don't use 5☆ HoR that much, lest we're stuck for a month or so until we can collect more 5☆ fodder.

Igniting Chang'e can lead to regret down the road. Rookie Mona would be the wiser choice.

While you're using Chang'e though it's good to slide then tap with her.

If I started from scratch ( not happening ) I'd just focus on uncapping units. Use the HoR system, get Sniper Hildr and Sytry from it. uncap units etc. Get my ass kicked every month, until I have a party that can hack it, then start breaking out the cores I've been saving.

In my opinion though ignited Eve will change your life, as she'll do pve better than any attacker. Underground no problem, she'll kill 3 at a time and scoring bad on her drive skill down there will wipe them out, and in PvP if she get's a critical, 3 of your opponents will die, while no other attacker can do that no matter how much stronger they are cause they'll only strike 2 opponents.

• Fuyumi LV.5 Lurker Jul 11, 2021, 03:39 AM

The Atk Core box or even creation is my first go to whenever I have a Child I'm nearly certain has been outclassed like Jupiter (cuz of Tamamo) or just oddly structured ones like Hera. Sadly so far its been nothing but single Amp with like flat HP+Agl or Def+Crit and like you said, since they aren't easy to come by I'm reluctant to start Ophois on a core I know I'll have to replace later.

I only noticed Giltine being sort of an improvement to Chang'e... but yeah only for WB and Water Childs aren't exactly what I seem to have landed on the most since I started late February. I just got her like 2 days ago, just an observation, plenty of other units I'd focus before her.

I'm confused how the HoR is a benefit, I'm likely misunderstanding it but isn't it a LOT of 4* Child for a random roll at what you can basically get at the Scarlet Collection for the same amount of Blood Crystals? Atm I got Serket instead of Eve, I know it's not quite the same though.

I'll just slowly keep building my uncaps and stock up on cores then (even if it feels like I'll be at it for a WHILE). So far Tamamo is my only +6, followed by +5 Hel, +4 Ophois and Swimsuit Davi with most of anything else around the +1 or maybe +2 mark...

• Baegrok LV.7 Nomad Jul 11, 2021, 04:45 AM

HoR allows you to roll from a narrow field of 6 Childs that you select, while Scarlet Collection rolls from an entire color of Childs. Also, there are strong HoR exclusives that you should be aiming for: W. Sytry, and Gunslinger Hildr. You can only get them through HoR, and I personally wish I had known about that sooner.

I agree with Toeknee that the core in question would be better fit for fodder — for an attacker that you are igniting. Simply because when you are a newer player, ignition is arguably most impactful for attackers that gain 6 attacks when fully ignited.

• Fuyumi LV.5 Lurker Jul 11, 2021, 05:52 AM

So just so I understand correctly, you mean spending those 40x 4 star units + Crystal's or that Child swap thing?

I guess it's true any time I've tried the Scarlet collection tickets I end up with some w/e like Horus, Bes or Medusa....

• Baegrok LV.7 Nomad Jul 11, 2021, 08:14 AM

Fuyumi  Yes, by using 4 star units and blood gems. One way to get a lot of 4 star units is through 3-5 star 10 summon tickets, which are pretty cheap during World Boss in the Magic Mirror Shop.

Some players like to wait until they have 120 blood gems for the 100% chance, some players like to save and wait for the double mileage event. However, that doesn’t happen very often.

• Fuyumi LV.5 Lurker Jul 11, 2021, 09:29 AM

Baegrok  I see, I didn't know the table was different... so it felt silly to spend the same amount of Blood Crystals and 40 4* on top for seemingly the same results.... that or check that swap thing.
    Thanks

• Fuyumi LV.5 Lurker Jul 11, 2021, 01:13 PM

Baegrok  I'll have to figure out who I want first between Hildr, Eve and Sytry but at least they look pretty strong.

Edit: Now that I think about it a bit more, Eve probably makes most sense for not being locked to PvP for her full kit and benefit from Isolde's Freeze... even if she's not exactly original (though it makes sense why people tend to gravitate to her).
    .... then again that's 2 Water Child on the Ignition roll.... Gah and I bet the reset is like.. tomorrow (resets monthly or on maintenance?).

• Toeknee LV.23 Warrior Jul 11, 2021, 01:55 PM

Use your own discretion, but in the image I'm showing you an approach to 4* HoR I've adopted.

It's nearly a 1 in 3 chance of success, and it cost 33 blood gems, and twelve 4* units to perform.

In my personal experience, sometimes you'll have a go at it 3 times ( granted you have blood gems ) and you'll score once or twice. Other times you'll blow away the gems and get nothing. Except mileage, which gives us one of the 6 units we place in HoR.

In addition to my personal experience, it really speeds up the process to gamble away the bloodgems like this. It only takes 1 out of 3 wins to make this approach worth it.

As you noticed, down the road when you start maxing out the 5* units, ( you want and need) it'll come to a point where most 5* units you score will be fodder for your HoR or Ignition needs.

In HoR there are 3 childs that can only be obtained from it exclusively.

- Summer Love Sytry

- Sniper Hildr

- Eschu

You'll be want the first 2 while you can pick up Eschu some other time.

After all of these months, starting the game from scratch isn't the same as each unit is actually more difficult to get due to the increase in available characters.

So.

You're going to want to use some units as fodder, even if you don't have them.

HoR also came later down the road, and when it came out it was a godsend. At that time completing units was a breeze. For that reason you'll want to just save up cores and ignore ignition. Of course when the time comes, you'll know what to do. Like a raid will pop up, and you'll be able to inquire if it's a good idea to go ahead and treat yourself to an ignition.

Such is the case with onyx, you'll find it's better to hoard onyx maybe to 1 million, you can then do up a unit with the onyx if you wish, however, if you can hack it without the onyx in say... a Narrative Dungeon, then skip giving the ND unit any onyx at all if you can beat the challenges with the E class.

Yes work on the uncaps. Sadly for awhile you'll be getting your ass handed to you in raids and WB, but if spend off your resources trying to beat those, it'll slow you down pretty badly. ( I might have said that already )

I'll tell you what. I'll create some images based on my own personal opinion on what units you can skip out on uncapping. I might as well make a thread about it so look out for that.

• Fuyumi LV.5 Lurker Jul 11, 2021, 02:50 PM

I see, I suppose it's worth a shot. It's not like I was getting particularly exciting Uncaps anyway and your method will "save" on gems (like you said "when it works").
    It will be a while before I can try but I'll keep that in mind (and hopefully the whole thing clicks then).

So far in WB and Ragna I tend to land in the top 40-30% range ... well except for the Methuselah WB... but I was literally days old at that point so it was a 2 weeks of "Enemy Drive Skill? Guess I'll die then".
    I'm not sure what determines the base points payout but at least I survive the timer 9/10 times now...

Hopefully I can find your post once it's done. It certainly does feel like I started quite late so confusion is abound.

• Zagpak LV.10 Nomad Jul 10, 2021, 05:57 AM

I say Lupin. Cause she need def amp she attack twice (nice for a support) and you ll use her in a lot of place

• Fuyumi LV.5 Lurker Jul 10, 2021, 04:07 PM

Coverage is definitely a plus (might kind of have shot myself in the foot with a mostly PvP unit in Isolde), Lupin might just be the way to go then. She's also probably less likely to be overshadowed by someone else (like, glad Tamamo +6 means I'm not too worried if Jupiter is NOT a priority).

• Kharl LV.23 Wizard Jul 10, 2021, 11:36 PM

Amp AGL is mainly for PvE attackers, and it needs at least one Amp ATK (or Amp CRT for attackers with % modifier like dark Frej; Amp ATK is useless for them) to be considered useable.

Plain ATK may also mess up buff targeting when given to non-dps roles. Your supporter may ended up hogging all the buffs which are supposed to be given to your attackers instead.

I consider this core a fodder, best use for unlocking subsequent nodes in ignition tree.

• Fuyumi LV.5 Lurker Jul 11, 2021, 01:19 AM

I hadn't thought of that 2nd part. Now I understand a bit better why some of you call it fodder even if it's got double Amp. Though at this point that would be box space or fodder for an Ignition 1 Isolde (now glad her's had flat Crit instead of flat Atk).

Would you then advise in not buying the Def Core pack at the WB anymore? Atm I tend to have enough points to buy the Atk and Def boxes (along stuff like the featured Child, Blobbies and in this case Coconuts).

General consensus seems to point at Lupin possibly still being the go to, but what would you aim at in my situation, a Def and... crit core?

• Kharl LV.23 Wizard Jul 11, 2021, 02:52 AM

WB shop is the cheapest place to get core boxes and core pieces. Therefore, they are must-buy in WB shop. Do not skip them.

Amp DEF core is generally the core of choice for non-dps units:
    - Amp DEF - x2 HP is considered the best core for most Defenders, Supporters, PvE-focused Debuffers, and Healers.
    - Amp DEF with Amp ATK substat can be a good choice for PvP-focused Debuffers.
    - Amp DEF - x2 Amp ATK is also good for PvP-focused Attackers.

• Fuyumi LV.5 Lurker Jul 11, 2021, 03:44 AM

Alright, I've not been able to get more than 2 boxes so far but hopefully with some luck on the Boost Childs I can get a 3rd. At least it's good too know I haven't screwed up buying a box I shouldn't have. Just didn't get as lucky as possible.. but I bet most people aren't.

• JJamez LV.7 Nomad Jul 13, 2021, 03:54 AM

I don't think you can go wrong with buying any of the AMP cores, regardless of the stats you get. All 4 that I got gave me only single AMP stat, so pretty much fodder for me but even being fodder has its usefulness on a higher note. Im actually really happy to get fodder because I have so many double/triple amp stat cores that I don't wanna waste on ignited child lvling.

• Ivy Felissa LV.23 Genius Jul 10, 2021, 07:35 PM

Lupin should go first since she is useful in all contents. She would benefit from extra def to make her tankier.

Home