tachiiderps LV.12 Chief
Jul 9, 2021, 12:06 PM 389 read

How exactly does Athena Debuff Taunt work?

FORUM

I took this moments after it happened. Debuff Taunt went up and I still got smacked by all debuffs casted by Wood sytry. This skill says it has a 90% chance to grant Debuff Taunt (receive 2 debuffs in place of an ally) when ignited. Does this mean I have 90% for this to activate against one slide even though this slide has a total of 9 debuffs? (3 remove buffs, 3 allures, 3 speed downs). And would this only take 2 out of the 9 debuffs, or all Allures, Speed downs, and remove buffs?

DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - How exactly does Athena Debuff Taunt work? image 2
DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - How exactly does Athena Debuff Taunt work? image 3

Because the other thing is how even when not ignited, you can end up absorbing all 3 hits of Brand, Curse, and Dancing Blades. The screenshot below is from a friend using ignited Athena. Here you see Debuff Taunt absorb all 3 Curse targets which lead me to believe "debuffs" in the description means the type of Debuff. In other words, if wood sytry cast Allure on 3 targets, it would taunt all Allures. But this has never happened to me whenever I used ignited Athena. I never had a time where all 3 Allures lands on Athena only, as there's always some other units that still got Allured.

DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - How exactly does Athena Debuff Taunt work? image 5

This just appears really confusing as I've no idea what the tap really does. What does "debuffs" mean in this description, and how did Athena absorb all 3 debuffs casted by one Curse tap while it never absorbs multiple debuffs from Wood Sytry? In the previous extreme example, it didn't activate on anything.

Comment 8

• Baegrok LV.7 Nomad Jul 9, 2021, 02:48 PM

Oh interesting, it seems like she’s absorbing more than 2 debuffs if it is a debuff that stacks. Does Brand stack?

So the skill description could mean types of debuffs, and it would seem she can absorb more of it if it stacks.

Either way, the description is super lacking and I wish we had more clarity.

• tachiiderps LV.12 Chief Jul 9, 2021, 11:57 PM

Yeah I've seen Brand stack. You summed it up perfectly, the description doesn't seem to cover the whole effect.

• Toeknee LV.23 Warrior Jul 9, 2021, 01:06 PM

90.7% chance her tap skill is successful. Or basically there's a 1 in 10 chance the effects of Athena's tap will fail.

When it does work 1 debuffs will be casted onto Athena, from a single ally. Hence the description saying "an Ally" I don't think it will transfer a dubuff from an ally to Athena because I never seen noticed it do that.

When Athena takes the debuff ( insteas of 1 Ally ) the duration of the debuff is reduced.

If Athena was a complete debuff sponge everyone would use her and there wouldn't be any good reason to ever bring a debuffer to PvP.

The duration of, as they call it, Glaukopis being 20 seconds probably entails Athena will get debuffed while a random ally who would have gotten it won't. Usually the 2 highest ATK in the party will be targeted.

I'm not sure about this one, but I think Athena will only take 2 dubuffs but 1 at a time while the effect is active. For example if the opponet has 2 debuffers, Athena will be getting one dose from each of those debuffers.

I use Athena everyday but not her tap skill. I probably should use it more whenever the opponent has crazy ass debuffers that basically freeze my dual attackers from clearing them out.

• tachiiderps LV.12 Chief Jul 9, 2021, 11:58 PM

That's not what the 90% mean. The icon/buff of Debuff Taunt is always lands, but it has a 90% to taunt a debuff, but I'm just not sure what "debuffs" mean in this case.

• Kara Sol Stay Calm LV.20 Supersonic Jul 9, 2021, 06:30 PM

That skill helps newbie teams in WBs with debilitating debuffs.

• Gatsu86 LV.25 Champion Jul 9, 2021, 12:42 PM

Probably Athena absorbed 2 allure debuff, and during that time until fever and the 3° allure debuff has run out (maybe thanks to gear like Showtime card or the option on the accessory that reduce the its duration).

About debuff "in place" on an ally could be that, maybe, there are 2 type of debuffs: 1 that is on the child (allure, curse, etc) and 1 that affect the child statistics (charge speed down, slow, defence down, etc.)

Obviusly is only my opinion on this matter, so I could be wrong and there are other reasons why this happen and about the "in place" thing.

• Tony Li LV.12 Chief Jul 9, 2021, 01:31 PM

Athena's main usage is reflect. You could equip her with midnight partner or excuse me. She should positioned in the center. She was op until wood Bathory and Pan got their ignition. Now he's totally useless against debuff team unless the opponent runs only 1 debuff. Most debuffer hits 2-3 childs at a time and she can only absurd 2 debuffs (2 types of debuffs) leaving the other child still getting debuffs. I have never once use her tap.

• tachiiderps LV.12 Chief Jul 9, 2021, 11:59 PM

I'm in top 100 PVP and there's a ton of DoT comps, I've tapped against these teams and it does better against them than always Sliding. But like I said, the tap is not quite clear as I don't quite know what it does.

Home