Paul Green LV.20 S
Jul 7, 2021, 02:23 AM 741 read

WB rebalanced midway or Mercury bug?

FORUM

Hey folks, wanted to know if you were experiencing the same thing. After the weekend, I've seen about a 10-20% decrease in my overall damage to the WB. In more specific terms, I would normally be doing 110M-120M per ticket, now I can barely crack 100M. I thought it was just law of averages coming into play and that a few lackluster bouts are expected, but it's been way more consistent. Furthermore, I had the fortunate luck to +6 Mercury (bless HOR) and maxed her slide for that sweet -100.4% weak point debuff, but I haven't really seen it pay dividends. I don't have any other units running the same debuff since i dropped Midas and Navi's overgrowth operates differently. Maxing Mercury has been the only real change I made to my team but my damage has gone down. Anyone experiencing the same issues?

Comment 15

• Tony Li LV.12 Chief Jul 7, 2021, 04:06 AM

no. check your lineup it's possible you accidentally changed leader or drive order.

• Paul Green LV.20 S Jul 7, 2021, 06:07 AM

definitely not. babel is my consistent leader on blue WB teams and drive is always the same 2 (werewolf and navi) then into fever stance unit. i play test way too often not to notice those kinds of changes.

• Gatsu86 LV.25 Champion Jul 7, 2021, 06:27 AM

I’m using Madfet as leader, with Maid Sytry, Mercury and Guiltine drive order. I tried with Babel as leader but for now Madfet seems a little better during my runs.

• Draekon LV.18 Sage Jul 7, 2021, 05:40 AM

Try restarting your app after some time. I usually keep my app open for most of the day unless it crashes. Someone mentioned restarting. I think it helped for WBs.

• Gatsu86 LV.25 Champion Jul 7, 2021, 04:14 AM

It is normal, my team can deal 110/120 millions and sometimes 150, but rarely it can also deal only 90/100 instead.

It’s RNG (random number generator) is nothing strange, can be caused by many factors as crts and normal damage, skills timings, boss skills timings, speed of the battles and many more.

• Paul Green LV.20 S Jul 7, 2021, 06:10 AM

here's the thing: i got an extra 3 mercury units last minute, so her debuff went from -75% to -100% overnight. i should expect a flat increase to my damage overall regardless of the rng. i'm just concerned that since the debuff extends beyond 100% that perhaps there were some buggy issues that were not accounted for.

• Gatsu86 LV.25 Champion Jul 7, 2021, 11:20 AM

It could be, have you tried to restart the app?

In my team the main RNG factor I think is Davi double edge sword that is random to 5 water childs (is not ignite to lv5 yet), and another is that even with Lupin buffs my Madfet or Virupa or both don’t land a crt but a normal attack instead. I don’t know why...

• Kharl LV.24 Wizard Jul 7, 2021, 11:23 AM

Watch the battle to see what’s happening. As you got 3 more copies of Mercury, I suspect she might be stealing buffs from your attackers if her ATK is higher than them, especially if she’s got Double-edge Sword from Davi; it could mess up the buff targeting.

• Gatsu86 LV.25 Champion Jul 7, 2021, 06:23 AM

I restart the app as well when I see that my team will score a lowest damage, probably if the phone is too hot the performance can be worst so resetting the app should help a little. Other times I turn my phone off for a while and start again the farming later.

• tachiiderps LV.12 Chief Jul 7, 2021, 02:24 PM

theres tons of reasons as wb has a ton of variables. is ur highest atk units ur attackers, how many blue units are you using? is davi ignited, how good is your phone/computer, lag, are your units dying, etcetcetc.

my highest dmg is 200m but ive had runs with 150m, and my avg is around 180m.

• VasSanctMachina LV.12 Chief Jul 8, 2021, 02:50 AM

Just normal RNG at work, sometimes you can have good streaks and bad streaks. Some days it'll go generally poor but the next it will seem better, but it's all within normal range of statistical noise. My damage has been consistently been falling within 340m - 400m so I think nothing has changed.

• JJamez LV.7 Nomad Jul 8, 2021, 10:56 AM

Maybe you changed the speed pace of battle? Like you may have accidentally touched and its doing 2X or 3X battle speed. Not sure if its like that for others but whenever I do WB fight in 2X or 3X, I always do way less damage. Also are you playing on the same device? My mobile plays smooth but when I play on my Tablet, there is a lot of lag in gameplay motion, reason being the resolution. So when I did and tried WB on Tablet, oh man, bad idea...my damage went to SHIT literally. I only do Story retries on tablet now when I go to work or overnight for when Im farm lvling 3* and 4* childs or new 5* and 6* I get.

• Kara Sol Stay Calm LV.20 Supersonic Jul 7, 2021, 04:36 PM

It is the same for me every World Boss. This one in particular, I averaged, let's say, 50m. By the boss No. 225 or something the average dropped to 45, AND I've got the Shrine Maiden Werewolf from +5 to +6, maxing them out.
    The damage stayed the same, only rising to averages of 54m the next day. It's like it lags, and it's like occasional spawn of the boss would have extra defense, at the same time. And now it flies between 42 and 59. I don't care other than using ragna break option when the given run is particularly lucky.

• Toeknee LV.23 Warrior Jul 8, 2021, 01:19 AM

For some world bosses it feels like the boss gets more tanky around the end to me. Last night the boss managed to wipe out the entire front row, which happened maybe once before.

Best thing to do is check your weapons and cartas. If you find a resolve let us know.

• Toeknee LV.23 Warrior Jul 8, 2021, 12:27 PM

Played 6 wb's today and same thing.

The boss wipped out the front row again, and most rounds were about 30 million below average.

My averages are between 92M to 102M so it's puzzling to me when I see such a significant decrease in damage, or having several party member wiped out.

Home