NELIEL LV.23 Bamboozled
Jun 20, 2021, 07:33 AM 265 read

RAID vs WB

FORUM

This is NOT a comparison of these 2 events. It is simply a title to raise a question about the 2 and ask for various options. World Boss is an event that gives players the 'practice battle" option to test various teams comps and avoid using a ticket. With this being said, I'm wondering why this option isn't available for RAID. Would it not be nice/beneficial to implement the same option in raid?

Comment 14

• MisakiSakaki LV.9 Nomad Jun 20, 2021, 08:06 AM

In theory that's the level of the bosses, you build a team around the skills of the enemy/boss from level 1 to 10, then 11 to 20, then 21 to 30 and 31 to 40 and that's where you start about variants of the final team.

The problem is that this is obsolete in the current meta and because of the game's own design which doesn't reflect the buffs directly (you have to be constantly pausing every time you see a buff/debuff), the constant unnecessary increase in the difficulty of the bosses (who will supposedly soon do something to fix it), the damage variant cause of x1, x2, x3. Etc, etc, etc, etc... There are too many things that the game's own design has that really doesn't make sense in the current system.

Ideally, they'll implement the practice mode, but they won't do it the same way they won't make a button to claim all boss rewards, something of The MudRock magnitude has to happen for there to be a change.

• OhNoBees LV.7 Nomad Jun 20, 2021, 09:29 AM

Personally, I would find a practice mode better for a Raid than a WB. Since there are less childs in a Raid group, the safety net is much smaller (less room for error).

I know a practice for WB is great for new players, but I almost never use it, since WB is an exercise in non-stop cheap 200 crystal ticket refreshes that takes enough time as it is.

• Gatsu86 LV.24 Champion Jun 20, 2021, 04:11 PM

I use practice mode on WB each time before use any of my tickets, it help to balance the team performance and to find the best one that can deal more damage output.

For Ragna they could add a trial for lv 40 raid without rewards as WB, this could help there as well.

• Kara Sol Stay Calm LV.20 Supersonic Jun 20, 2021, 04:15 PM

Raid tickets regenerate much faster and the party is small enough to play manually. The safety net is monstrous and doesn't warrant a test mode.

Screwed by an arbitrary sure-to-land debuff and 10m hp? The paying players would get bored of feeling totally overpowered otherwise.

• OhNoBees LV.7 Nomad Jun 21, 2021, 08:31 AM

I meant safety net in a sense that switching out the wrong child in WB doesn't cause as many problems as switching out the wrong child in a Raid, since in WB there are many other childs in the group to fall back on.

I wasn't referring to ticket regeneration, but I see where you're coming from

• Danbo de Piano LV.27 Be my Mootentine ❤️ Jun 20, 2021, 01:51 PM

ticket respawn rate matters
    there's tons and tons of chances to tinker and try things out here w raids no practice trail needed also you can easily summon bosses and join almost an endless bomber of others battles ,spending time Ina. practice mode would also make the raid shop harder wasting valuable time that could be used to earn ragna coin etc

• Butterfly LV.17 Sage Jun 21, 2021, 07:46 PM

IMO, this ragna should have been a WB

• ssj LV.9 Nomad Jun 20, 2021, 04:14 PM

I know this is somewhat off topic but I feel I need to mention how much I'm struggling with this raid .. I've been playing for well over a year and have been making slow but noticable progress over that time but this raid boss is totally kicking my a$$ .. I can't do over 700k damage ... Where as the last raid boss I was beating with two tickets (roughly 4-5mil damage) if I remember correctly... does anyone know what the hell is going on? ... I don't post here often so may not reply for awhile so my apologies in adanvce

• Kara Sol Stay Calm LV.20 Supersonic Jun 20, 2021, 04:22 PM

It looks like an attempt to move the finish line so that a challenge is provided for those who would obliterate your preferred flavor of a boss in 30 seconds.
    Rely on those call-for-help buttons is all advice there's to give.

• OhNoBees LV.7 Nomad Jun 21, 2021, 08:46 AM

It looks like they're adding more RNG. The damage I've done in these past few events has a higher range, and is far less predictable. Kara's got the right idea. Fill your friends list with strong and active players, and help out anyone that needs a finisher to their boss.

• dr badunkachud LV.12 Chief Jun 20, 2021, 05:32 PM

The petrify is limiting damage quite a bit and this boss also erases buffs and slows your skill cool downs. It’s a tough one.

• dr badunkachud LV.12 Chief Jun 20, 2021, 05:35 PM

I think the ragna event design has a number of flaws. Finding raids to get to 40 while your friends list steals them for instance.

A practice mode would be fine also but I feel like the tickets regenerate fast enough, but it would be better if instead of spending two days getting to 40 on easy raids you could use that to refine your team.

• NELIEL LV.23 Bamboozled Jun 21, 2021, 03:09 AM

your theory is kind of why I was thinking that a practice mode might be beneficial for raids. even though as many have stated above tickets do replenish at a much faster rate than most other events, I do however do not like using a ticket to find out that the team I'm using needs modifications to increase my dmg output. hence having to use another ticket with a different comp

• Baegrok LV.7 Nomad Jun 24, 2021, 06:26 AM

I agree. One of my favorite aspects of this game is testing and experimentation.

Home