Mute LV.5 Lurker
Jun 4, 2021, 06:28 PM 360 read

Lack of Onyx starting to be really concerning

FORUM

Hey Guys ! That's not in my usual behaviour to cry about something in a game. And i'm most of the time really happy with how F2P Friendly is Destiny Child about everything.   Except One BIG thing. Onyx.   In every gacha, your most precious currency is the one that let you summon, because summoning is cool and we are playing gacha for that. But not in Destiny Child. In Destiny Child, your most precious thing is Onyx, because without it, who cares that you have most of the characters +6, you can't play them without spending almost 1M Onyx in Awakening/Skills Leveling... and add 700K to that if you dare to fully ignite it.   I play this game since the global release, and i'm starting to feel really unconfortable about having to manage my Onyx all the time. Having to question yourself as if it was to buy a fucking house IRL about weither or not you should (can?) invest resources in your brand new character is NOT fun and reflect a really questionnable choice in game design.   The game keeps on asking you more and more Onyx with the Ignition system, but you don't have new option to get Onyx to compensate this. The dailies are a joke in this domain. You could easly give 3 times the amount of Onyx in those quest that we would still be in drough.   Yesterday, i spent120K Crystals to +6 Lupin (100% F2P Resources don't burn me) and even with those 500~ characters 3 or 4 stars to put in the blender, i ended up Onyxless after maxing her, without having the opportunity to ignite a character (i have all the core needed)... and i was at something like 400/500K Onyx BEFORE my summons...   The thing that triggered me is the Davi Mini Bread event... I was like "nah, this can't be only obtainable via buying things, that's not how they handle things usually". Come on guys, is this the turn that you are taking ? Is this the end of the F2P friendly spirit ? Because if it is, then i guess it will soon be the end of the ride for me...   Thanks for taking the time to read the wall of text.   TLDR : We need more Onyx.

Comment 22

• Kara Sol Stay Calm LV.20 Supersonic Jun 4, 2021, 10:45 PM

I don't need more onyx. If I did, I'd go paint my fingers per the community event. I've seen the prices on onyx packs, they're cheap, and I'm not. Onyx is the key for competition. If I'm not competing, I don't need it.

• Yen+ LV.10 Nomad Jun 5, 2021, 01:05 AM

up vote!

• JohnTitor LV.4 Lurker Jun 9, 2021, 04:43 AM

I think you are right but your argument is completely wrong my friend.

The key for competition is that we are humans. So competition is the rule on life. Anything you may want needs efforts and has competition related on it.

So you are looking for a game to have fun and relax or are you looking for a game that emulates the real world in perfection?

I respect your game choices but i don´t think Destiny Child is the best game for people that want to prove themselves as the best players..

So don't be foolish for that appealing arguments of 'competition' cause its a inherent condition of human beings.

• Zagpak LV.9 Nomad Jun 4, 2021, 10:58 PM

We just need to be able to trade EXP child for onyx as other version. it can be a good start cause it s true that Onyx is freaking ever needed.

• Yen+ LV.10 Nomad Jun 5, 2021, 01:49 AM

tilt player: "I aM f2p, I DeMaNd FrEe StUfF. GiMmE mOrE fReE cRyStAlS, mOrE oNxY, mOrE uNcApS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

normal player: "But, game devs already give us a lot free crystals, and it is the most f2p friendlly I have ever seen..."

tilt player: "I wAnT mOrE!!!!!!!! gIvE mE mOrE oR eLsE I WilL tAkE mY F2P aCcOuNt AnD wIiL sToP pLaYiNg!!!!!!!"

-----------------------

Like, seriously?
    You should know the price for +6 skills + ignite.
    Slide = 519,970
    Tap = 259,970
    Auto = 129,970
    ignite = 528,000
    Here the link of database: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17o4GO5kLT4FT2PRJMmcCT0mVGQrn6lASi0nz9v2BOn8/edit#gid=116965337

Plan better, as also f2p player (I only bought some skins on collab events, It didnt gave me crystal or child), I am always low on onxy.

Triggered of Davi mini bread? really?
    It is an event that will reward players that support the game. I wont buy any of these packs, but I am ok with the event. It is rare event, I saw this event only once before

Remember, how does the game will be up?
    having a playerbase that will spend money, or will put 400 ads on game to make up to lack of money.

Did you see how many gacha games shut down cuz lack of money? They need pay for servers + staff + artist + VA

End of F2P friendly spirit? I really dont think so

Again, if you are mad, or dislike the game, you always have an option to stop playing. I had an main game OnePieceTreasureCruise, I played for 4 years, but I stopped playing 2 months ago, cuz it was too time consuming it became an grind feast non-stop.

• Mute LV.5 Lurker Jun 5, 2021, 02:04 AM

It's sad that you started your answer with something so constructive because the second part of your reply is mostly fair and argumented.

I didn't think my post was in any way a whine fest, but you seem to have taken it that way... so be it.

My point was that things got worse since the launch of ignition, and i think that Ignition core are by themselves a solid "wall" for F2P that i was dealing with without complains... but the Onyx on top of that seems a double punition.
    So that was my attempt to have other opinions (even a CM reply on the subject, who knows !) before leaving (as you suggest and) as i said in my initial post :)

• M00N LV.22 Bamboozled Jun 5, 2021, 03:38 AM

You made fair points. The latest developments deepen the rift between f2p and p2w.

• M00N LV.22 Bamboozled Jun 5, 2021, 03:29 AM

What if I told you, you can be grateful for the game being player friendly and at the same time unhappy with the resent developments.

• ToxicWayz LV.21 Elite Four Jun 6, 2021, 01:39 AM

As Yen+ pointed out below are the cost to max the following skills.
    - Slide = 519,970
    - Tap = 259,970
    - Auto = 129,970

Some suggestion would be not to level the last 16 levels in slide skill as that cost 250k onyx which can go to other units. Same thing for tap. Don't even level auto, since it provides little to no extra damage.

As for the Davi bread, you can think of it as 1 bread = $10. IMO mission 6 starts to have pretty decent stuff, which requires 50 bread which means you need to spend at least $500. This mission pass is just something extra for people that are willing to spend money, I don't think anyone is willing to spend $500+ for this mission pass.

• Kara Sol Stay Calm LV.20 Supersonic Jun 6, 2021, 07:20 PM

Your reply made realize the reason behind so many support skills having ##% chance base to trigger. It's all to laugh in the face of people that can't +6 max skills.

• Cheesaw LV.19 Assassin Jun 6, 2021, 05:41 AM

I don't have a problem with the current system. The onyx is a bottleneck on purpose, to keep the game from being too easy. You have to think and plan and decide what you're going to spend it on, instead of being able to fully level up every character you get immediately. Those who want to do that have to spend money, which is as it should be.

You said you got the new character, that just came out, and immediately got her to +6 with 120k crystals, and you're WHINING!? And for the record, yes, you are. I spent OVER 120k crystals and got her to +1. My onyx is on E, just like yours. Appreciate what you have, trust me. There was a time when there was NO guaranteed summons and people would spend 150,000 crystals and not even get the child. NOT. ONE. COPY.

So I say, enjoy the game for what it is. If you want to be in the upper echelon, spend the money. If you don't want to spend cash then resign yourself to just playing the game for fun and not necessarily being a top performer.

• Mute LV.5 Lurker Jun 6, 2021, 07:01 AM

I didn't complain about my 120k crystals... i only talked about it to put in perspective the low amount of Onyx that you earn for such a huge summon session.

You are all advising me to "plan" things... do you really think that i was stacking 160k crystals for Lupin without this kind of thinking ? 😅

• VladOSDGL LV.15 Chief Jun 9, 2021, 05:24 AM

You are only seing DC as a F2P friendly game because u are comparing how much stuff u getting to other gatchas, but not to how much u need to max out ur collections if u consider both u will see that DC is just as greedy (if not more greedy) than most of the similar games, so onyx is not rly outstander here.
    What i am saying is : just buckle up and accept that u will be lacking in resourses and will never be able to catch up with content (max out collection) nor be able to compete with top sharks out there. Instead just focus on how to best spend what u have.

• NELIEL LV.23 Bamboozled Jun 5, 2021, 02:40 PM

increasing the amount of onyx is only going to increase the cost elsewhere.

skill cost will go up, ignition will go up, HoR will go up, etc.

Onyx is set as it is to balance things out and spread the game play out among players.

are you going to tough out a game for the long haul if it's too easy?

• Mute LV.5 Lurker Jun 5, 2021, 03:27 PM

i don't understand why increasing the Onyx cost of everything would be mandatory when you already have a new mechanic, ignition, that is already doing the job to prevent F2P player to compete against non-F2P player.

And i believe that the Japanese and Korean version don't have this kind Of problem with Onyx.

• JohnTitor LV.4 Lurker Jun 9, 2021, 04:28 AM

I think that whatever any customer says, he is right.

It doesn´t mean anything has to change yet.

What is Destiny Child for you guys? It is just a game? I started to play this game on the last 3 months and actually it's the only game that i've being playing.

I think for most people is the main game meanwhile they have other free-time options to do so the whole point is what kind of community f2p players we can achieve on Destiny Child game?

I know for sure without all the f2p players then Destiny Child would not have any relevance so the whole issue here seems to be on how we can achieve a more integrated f2p community.

There is other ways to monetize DEVs than just charge money for constant upgrades currencies on game.

I know many people have done good arguments here but we cannot ignore the message of a few players lacks of resources in game.

• Toeknee LV.22 S Jun 10, 2021, 02:09 AM

I can maybe agree with that.

Usually I manage to keep my Onyx supply at 3 million or so. Even though I only got 1 copy of Lupin ( like I said I would cause I think the staff hates me) I still managed to spend nearly 2 million Onyx this WB.

For Narrative Dungeon I don't bother giving the booster childs any Onyx unless they are useful units.

Take the time to grind some levels, collect 2 star units, get the crystals and Onyx from them. Burn units daily, hm.

• Toeknee LV.22 S Jun 10, 2021, 01:04 PM

I forgot to mention.

Save your Onyx for Raids and WB, that's when you'll want a rich supply. Of course this time we're doing a back to back WB then straight to raid, so it's not that simple this time to say the least.

• Baeronin LV.8 Gym Leader Jun 4, 2021, 11:31 PM

I mean, yeah... Onyx is pretty hard to get, if the rate of collection goes up, then there will have to be some kind of shop for those who Max their kits out (as there is always someone who magically has an excessive amount of something)

The overflow shop could sell stuff like gold, 1 level equipment upgrades, or random ignition shards. Etc...

• Tony Li LV.3 Lurker Jun 8, 2021, 04:31 PM

the onyx package is cheap under $5.00. so the next time when its on the shop, you could consider getting it. DC is most f2p friendly game I have ever played. you can't expect to compete with others that spend $$. you option is to enjoy it as it is or consider spending some money here and there to support the dev.

• Mute LV.5 Lurker Jun 9, 2021, 02:58 AM

Fair point, and that's the only time i spent money in this game.
    Because it's good value as you said, and yes, they deserve money... (and most of the time anything else is just completly overpriced as in any gacha game).

But the fact that the game seems to be more and more greedy with the "secondary" resources is tiring (and this is the main purpose of this initial post)

• JohnTitor LV.4 Lurker Jun 9, 2021, 05:08 AM

It is a fair point mate. I think f2p deserves the same game experience quality then game payers.

I think DEV´s have to balance things in a way to charge more money from people that already spent money on it. Because they obviously already want to spent that money on it. So players that won´t spend money are the real ones which will create the game interesting for those which pays.

Or you do really think players that pays to play want to compete only with themselves turning the richest players the only ones that will always get the best of game experience?

That´s why i said before: you got a good point on here. Don´t give it up just because a few players think different.

We can make a better game experience together improving community instead of monetizing any game-in feature.

I think DEV´s could make more money with Destiny Child on Youtube videos then charging for more Onyx.

Home