Mandeth LV.3 Lurker
May 7, 2021, 01:04 AM 216 read

WB Question

FORUM

I'm a new DC player and I am really enjoying this game. I am participating in the World Boss battles for the first time and my team is pretty lackluster as I am attempting to build them up (been playing for about...maybe 17 days total?). I wanted to know is spending gems on WB tickets worth it if I'm not doing much damage output? Or should I just wait for the tickets to replenish and continue using gems for rolls to enhance my team? My goal is to get enough to purchase Mircalla with enough mirror fragments if possible. Thank you to any and all information! :)

Comment 14

• Gatsu86 LV.24 Champion May 7, 2021, 02:22 AM

Try to not refresh the tickets for now, if you see that to reach 100k points you need more runs... maybe.

It depends how much points you can do in 1 day, than you could count how many days you need to reach 100k (each day give rewards based on the daily ranking, you could get some extra fragments there)

Spending gem is worth it only if you have a good team and you want to reach Top 1% each day, if not just do free tickets (or add few refresh here and there if you really want Mircalla and you need few extra fragments)

Edit: Gems, in your case, are much worth it to increase your childs box, so save them for good childs banners or mono banners (15x chance guaranteed 5 star banners)

• Mandeth LV.3 Lurker May 7, 2021, 09:04 AM

This is super helpful! Do you recommend or have any tips for the best banners to use gems on? Thank you for the info! :3

• Gatsu86 LV.24 Champion May 7, 2021, 09:26 PM

Sometimes there will be banners with 4 usefull 5 star childs (those that have a mission: find 1 of each to complete it). If in those banner there are good childs can be worth it try to summon there.

Or if they will release a good child mono banner (that have 15x try and his relate mission, when you get that child you can collect some gems and other stuff from the quest). In this case follow the tier list:

http://riceminegl.mnyiaa.com/

here you can see Global or Japan tier list, if that banner have one strong child, maybe can be worth it to summon.

Anyway, save gems and get what you can from WB/Ragna/Narrative Dangeon for free, mainly the daily core materials 10k points each. (Luna is good vs Dark WB, if you can take her from this WB - for 100k points)

• Mandeth LV.3 Lurker May 8, 2021, 08:58 AM

Thank you so much Gatsu! I use that website to figure out my team and figure out who to put resources into. I will definitely stick to those banners that you discussed! I appreciate the time you took to explain this to me :)

• Alfonso Garcia LV.12 Chief May 7, 2021, 02:03 AM

honestly, in my own personal choice, i practice a lot till a get a decent deck. i use one or two tickets to have the timer recycle the tickets but i am a free to play so my units are not the best. this is what I got so far. *side note* the damage you do in practice and in actual battle may vary for an unknown reason.

• Mandeth LV.3 Lurker May 7, 2021, 02:17 AM

That's a great idea and super helpful! I am definitely not at that power level yet but this gives me an idea of how best to figure out strategies for the boss. Thank you so much <3

• Gatsu86 LV.24 Champion May 7, 2021, 02:30 AM

That difference in damage is known as RNG (random number generator), caused by timings, skills, buffs and boss damage / debuffs etc.

A part from that, nice tactic. :)

• Cheesaw LV.19 Assassin May 7, 2021, 09:17 AM

Alfonso, why are your attackers not all in back?

• Toeknee LV.22 S May 7, 2021, 02:02 PM

Don't invest anything into World Boss if you're new to the game. You can however participate and settle for whatever you can get out of it.

The reason not to invest in WB is because you'll need the resources to summon and upgrade your units.

For new players when it comes to WB and raids you'll have to settle for getting your aas handed to you, probably for several months until a day comes when you finally see the output you've been waiting for. Or at least, that's how it used to be.

I wouldn't dare start this game from scratch after playing it since it's release, but if I did I'd save all ignition core materials, for years literally. Even now I'm frugal when it comes to ignition because it's so freakin expensive and the core materials we get ingame are rare and insignificant. Now having multiple ignited units is more of a requirement and with that I'll tell you this. It could take you well into the year 2024 and you might not be happy with your performance in WB.

In short. You want each of the must have units. There are a lot you'll need and you'll want to get each one of them 7 times. If you don't do this, you won't make it.

I can't stop writing sorry.

When it does come to investing into WB, it's something we typically do in advance. We simply save up for it, Even now for the regulars who been around awhile, going all in on an event will do more damage than good cause we'll have to do it again within a month, and we'll be broke.

Of course we can buy what we're after which are more resources but damn. See those ignition core materials in the shop ? You'll need to buy that 5 times to get 5 cores out of it. There's more to it but I'll shut up now.

You'll like the game, but personally I reckon it's not a good idea to play this as it's not a good deal, while being a bad habit or a financial disaster to some.

• Mandeth LV.3 Lurker May 8, 2021, 08:56 AM

Hello Toeknee! Thank you for all the wonderful information. I can definitely see this game taking a lot of resources, time, and dedication to get strong. I really appreciate your feedback and the advice as I definitely was worried about not doing well for this World Boss but I am happy that us new players can get something out of it no matter how much damage output we do. I can also see how easy it can be to get invested in the game both financially and personally. If you have any other tips or tricks for a newbie like me, I would love to hear them! I am sharing all of the info you all provide to me to my group of friends who have started playing with me too. Thank you so much! <3

• Toeknee LV.22 S May 8, 2021, 11:15 AM

Yes. I used to be P2W but I stopped doing that.

When we grind in story mode we can collect 2 star units. We get more of them when we do tougher story mode grinds.

When you collect 25 two star units you send them to Exploration.

In Exploration you want them to be in there for 19 hours, so you send them in there for 12, 6, then 1 hour. The order in time doesn't matter.

When you complete the 19 hours in exploration the 2 star units will be level 20. You then get 500 crystals sent to your inbox.

When you're done, just melt down the level 20 two star units for onyx. If you're on the ball you can do this daily.

Save all 5* units and use copies of the same units to uncap them to make them more powerful. Given your situation you'll want to prioritize which 5 star units get the best treatment, and which ones aren't as important, so it's best to turn to a guide before doing anything with your units.

In my personal opinion Eve is the best all round attacker. When doing PvE Eve is excellent for everything, especially if you have her ignited she'll wipe out the opponents faster than anyone considering she'll hit 3 targets at a time.

When you have 5* tickets, you might want to save accumulate them for next event, as the new unit will be added to the ticket so you'll at least have a slim shot at obtaining it.

Save your crystals too. The idea is to hold them and use them up when the next event comes about.

Be sure to use the lock icon on items and units you plan on keeping for life.

Do not use gold summon regularly. It's best to avoid this as much as you can. 3 gold summons in 10,000 short of a million gold, while on daily you'll average about 600k-800k. Though the gold summon can produce 5* units, the odds are very slim and not worthwhile to do every day.

Upgrading your units cost resources, and when you do upgrade your units, you won't really notice a difference unless you really max them out. With that in mind hold onto your resources. In the heat of the moment when you really need more power, you'll have resources that you've accumulated over time, and you'll then make that difference. Crystals, Gold, Onyx, Core materials, crafting materials.

Crafting isn't a priority if your units aren't strong. Crafting in DC isn't like creating weapons, but rather adding attributes that enhance the quality of the item. So save materials. Look up which weapons items and accessories are the best. The first thing you might want to craft is a weapon as it will allow you to excel in damage, which is the most important thing for raids and WB, and even PvP and PvE. Unmodified armor is decent.

That's all for now I guess.

• Mandeth LV.3 Lurker May 10, 2021, 11:21 PM

This was so extensive and appreciated! I have been reviewing guides on how to accumulate gems but not much was said about saving the 5 star tickets so I will do that! I didn't know about the gold summons either. That is going to be super helpful! Thank you <3

• dr badunkachud LV.11 Chief May 7, 2021, 04:40 AM

It depends on how much coins you get for a reset. The WB shop rewards are usually really good. It’s the only place you can buy cores for instance. I’d try to get all the cores at least.

• Mandeth LV.3 Lurker May 7, 2021, 09:06 AM

Thank you for the info! I will definitely save my coins for the cores as well after getting Mircalla as I noticed that too (from my limited time playing of course). I appreciate you all for taking the time to provide this info!

Home