Ivy Felissa LV.23 Genius
Apr 23, 2021, 12:58 AM 196 read

Mistranslation

FORUM

Are those 2 words, shi chong and hedong meant to be kept that way? Or is it mistranslation? Also can anyone tell me what those 2 words mean? (I have read the cutscene but still wanna know what it means) I also wanna thank dev team for making such great plot, this rb cutscene is so cool with all the animation and great storyline too. Cant wait to see how the story goes on.

DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - Mistranslation image 2

Comment 7

• Chris P Bacon LV.6 Nomad Apr 23, 2021, 03:52 AM

No clue, but I did find one mistake. In the "Premium Summon Limited-Time Mission" for Moonlight Artemis Episode, the missions say you're trying to get pulls for Bespoke Hel when it should really be Moonlight Artemis.

• Ravenous LV.22 Titan Apr 23, 2021, 07:07 AM

I dismissed that because I don't know Chinese history. Shi Chong was probably an emperor and Hedong an imperial capital (in real life).

• CM Shift LV.14 Staff Apr 23, 2021, 10:35 AM

Hi, Ivy Felissa! Thank you for sharing this. We will check this with our team first, so we can let you know if this is intended or not. We ask for your patience regarding this matter.

UPDATE: Please be advised that the words Shi Chong and Hedong are intended as it refers to real people and place.

• Ivy Felissa LV.23 Genius Apr 23, 2021, 01:23 PM

Thanks for clearing up cm!

• Cheesaw LV.19 Assassin Apr 23, 2021, 03:42 AM

I don't know, but seems like they're probably characters from fables. Probably teaching lessons about fame and riches bring meaningless or something.

• Gatsu86 LV.24 Champion Apr 23, 2021, 05:04 AM

In my opinion, those two words are names, so they don't need to be translated. Search for those names with google wikipedia, so you'll find some extra information.

• galaxysilver LV.10 Best Squadmate Apr 23, 2021, 05:12 PM

They're probably names from real life stories/falbes/myths. This game is full of that--even the Childs' names are from them because that's how Master names them. Need to do some digging on the internet on that.

Home