P. Argonaut LV.22 Insomniac
Apr 8, 2021, 01:56 AM 540 read

How will Ophois change the PvP meta? (predictions?)

FORUM

Guard Buff Blast removes not just barrier, but also Immortal, Ice Shield, etc. What do you think will happen to the PvP meta? Her slide targeting is awful, to be honest. Priority light type? That's good for Athena, but a lot of people are using Water Neptune now. She hits 3 targets, though, so with another attacker or two to clean up, she could still be really useful, but a little random.

DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - How will Ophois change the PvP meta? (predictions?) image 2

Comment 14

• OhNoBees LV.5 Lurker Apr 8, 2021, 04:15 AM

It's tricky to tell. I agree with her being a good cleanup attacker.

If you have great crowd control (like a Sytry or Isolde or Nirrti) your worries might be more about getting slowed and allured rather than getting hit with the occasional 6 hit slide. That randomness from Ophois can help remove a Pomona (who I actually hate fighting against the most) or an annoying time debuffer.

Since crowd control debuffers are popular, you probably won't see a huge change towards anything. Slowing/petrify/confusing Ophois will reduce her potency. Thisbe still has a fantastic skill charge increase, and if geared well, you can still have partial protection from guard buffs from Athena/Defender Neptune/Ymir.

I'm guessing if anything, you might see a slight swing towards groups with multiple time/confuse/petrify debuffers, and/or multiple attackers, more C. Bathory, more Pomona/Support Neptune, less Dana. Possibly some people might go back to Chang'e, but they've already invested so many cores and onyx into Thisbe...

• P. Argonaut LV.22 Insomniac Apr 8, 2021, 10:49 AM

Oh, Pomona. I swear I forget about her every time and she does her drive right after me without fail. 🤦‍♂️ (and of course, their Thisbe will manage to slip an Immortal in before my next attack)

• Gatsu86 LV.23 Champion Apr 8, 2021, 02:00 AM

I don’t think Immortality buff is a guard buff, are you sure she can remove it?

Anyway, there is already Wood Sytry with Allure that can remove the immortality buff, I don’t think Ophois will change the meta.

• P. Argonaut LV.22 Insomniac Apr 8, 2021, 02:14 AM

Yeah, I think that's the whole point, the reason people are excited to see her!

According to Ricemine (from their description for Tiamat, who does extra damage to opponents with guard buffs)

• P. Argonaut LV.22 Insomniac Apr 8, 2021, 02:15 AM

It doesn't include ice shield here, but I think this description was written before Neptune was released?

• Kharl LV.23 Wizard Apr 8, 2021, 02:24 AM

Ice Shield is a Guard buff. Reflect is not.

• P. Argonaut LV.22 Insomniac Apr 8, 2021, 03:00 AM

Appreciate the info, I'll update the post

• ZelphuS LV.23 Good Leader Apr 8, 2021, 03:29 AM

Powerful for the future WB Light of RAID Light Boss BUFF Skill DEF or other !
    Kubaba is just for the scoring in WB is poweful.
    Ophoïs is good in PvP / Light WB - Raid for Buff Blast Guard is my point of view, this child is the best F2P Dark DPS Full Ignition.

• dMemphiz LV.3 Lurker Apr 8, 2021, 04:05 AM

Would you say she's a good all rounder then?

• Gatsu86 LV.23 Champion Apr 8, 2021, 04:18 AM

Thanks for the quote, I didn't know immortality was in the list of guard buffs.

• P. Argonaut LV.22 Insomniac Apr 8, 2021, 10:06 AM

Sure! I wonder how she will perform on auto, as she might make a formidable opponent if a lot of others start using her. I rely on Thisbe's Immortal more than I would like to admit.

• tachiiderps LV.6 Nomad Apr 8, 2021, 09:14 AM

We'll need to see how buff blast works. If it's priority light units or something else.
    But I'd say this definitely shakes up the meta because:

Even if guard blast is random, if it hits a Taunt unit it will remove Taunt which makes Taunt units virtually useless. If I was running a Taunt unit I'd heavily reconsider running something else at this point since my win rate will be impacted.

It also shuts down Gildr + Immortal super hard, which is very important for me since Gildr + Immortal cause a lot of grief.

Excited about the meta, no doubt several T100 teams will be running her to counter Immortal. Just the tap alone is a very good counter to avoid Thisbe chaining immortal.

60% immortal duration reduction means immortal lasts 4 seconds - but unsure if this is a debuff that only works AFTER immortal is applied or whenever Immortal gets applied. 4 seconds means it will guarantee death to 2~ ticks of DOT, which is huge.

• P. Argonaut LV.22 Insomniac Apr 8, 2021, 10:24 AM

True, I wasn't even thinking about her tap much. Could be better than her slide at times, with her prioritizing light childs and a 2 hit x 3 target attack.

I wonder how she'll do on auto, because I rely pretty heavily on Thisbe's Immortal myself. And Athena. Maybe I can get by just avoiding Ophois teams like I used to avoid Rita.

• TJ Li LV.19 Sage Apr 8, 2021, 12:53 PM

I think she's buffed too much. Just tap alone counter against Thisbe and 6 hits slide already make her better then all other attackers.

Home