tachiiderps LV.7 Nomad
Feb 23, 2021, 09:08 AM 239 read

Can we talk about Athena in PvP?

FORUM

She just taps. She only slides when most of your party is dead, that's a bit unintuitive in design isn't it? I don't know any other childs that just taps on Auto. It's a bit unfortunate since Athena on manual is insanely strong right now as 6x sliders (Eve, Mafdet, Fbath) can get oneshotted by Athena's reflect alone.

Comment 8

• CoolPlum LV.7 Genius Feb 24, 2021, 03:06 AM

Not just Athena, many good childs become worthless in PvP due to their AI make them do totally different things than they should.

• Biska LV.22 Epic Feb 24, 2021, 06:14 AM

Let the f2p players take a breathe, it is hard for them as it is now. If they fix this they should fix those minor annoying bugs in the arena as well.

• tachiiderps LV.7 Nomad Feb 25, 2021, 03:36 PM

I'll bite, what bugs?

Also not sure why f2p should be mentioned here.

• Biska LV.22 Epic Feb 25, 2021, 05:25 PM

There are plenty but I will mention few.
    When you execute skill it doesnt apply right away and there is a gap of 1 sec or so, but for the A.I. that doesn't apply e.g. Tisbes immortal skill.
    Here is another one the % of success rate of some of the skills are not correct e.g. Athenas taunt skill is 90% chance to turn the damage towards her but it feels like 60%. Every single match with her the taunt she uses doesn't effect the opposing team 2 or 3 times during the match it "misses" out of 10 hits from A.I. Another child like Chang'e her tap skill fully restores the skill coold down of one random ally with success rate of 88%( could be wrong with the exact number) it feels less then 40% - 5 times used during single match it lands 1 or 2 times max.
    Here is another one when casting special after hitting 100% A.I. still continues to cast some of its attacks or buffs when you are frozen watching the animation.
    Those were some but over all those bugs are minor as I mentioned before they don't alter the game in such manner that its impossible to play.
    As for the f2p base players if they make it harder for them they will just end up spending more gems on arena instead the summons or another activity
    Here is another thing that I don't understand you are implying that the arena is too easy for you and they should make the A.I. more "harder" why? The only time Athena would use tap and skill after is if you face A.I. or you playing on auto without the skill order set up, please explain that to me I am eager to know.

• tachiiderps LV.7 Nomad Feb 26, 2021, 07:16 AM

This topic only relates to your team's AI when I made the post, not opponent's team AI. We know they're differences since when your team is confused, your childs will not attack at all while the opponent AIs still do.

So I was hoping that people who spent crystals in Athena would at least get a usable auto unit in PvP, which is literally the only place for her. Yet she only taps, she never slides until half your team is dead or soemthing.

I have never mentioned anything about Arena being too easy lol

You also can't really call something a bug if it's up to what you're "feeling". Unless you have concrete data, feelings doesn't make something a bug. Like, for me, I "feel" taunt is working as intended.

I have to agree with you regarding some delays with buffs/debuffs. Confuse is a big problem and sometimes you can get confused mid slide and destroys you. That kind of sucks.

Not sure what you mean by casting special/AI still continuing to cast stuff.

• P. Argonaut LV.22 Insomniac Feb 25, 2021, 07:07 PM

You know, I didn't realize this until I read this post. So I tried playing on manual and I'm completely destroying every opponent now!

Really wish the AI was a little more useful. Feel like I wasted resources on Athena, because I'm going to want a team I can play on auto. Don't always have time every day to sit through matches on manual.

Also disappointing how auto repeats a match when you lose.

• tachiiderps LV.7 Nomad Feb 26, 2021, 02:16 PM

yeah people who have Athena in top 100 are all manualing, otherwise her constant taps are only relevant against dot heavy teams, which isn't the meta rn, but 2 or 3 6x sliders is.

it sounds like a lot of work to manual but its quite simple too. you just make your tap units slide the first time, by the time you slided all ur team, the opponent is likely down to 2-3 units left and you auto the rest. other units that also can end up tapping a bunch is fbath and ghildr. A wood sytry that casted allure on them could just make them tap the whole time instead of sliding which limits their 6x hit explosiveness.

• P. Argonaut LV.22 Insomniac Feb 27, 2021, 11:17 AM

Yeah, their attacker usually goes down after one or two rounds. Then I auto to fever time, as my team now is all defense and speed.

Not bad, and getting Athena's reflect and Thisbe's invulnerability off just before a huge crit from F. Bathory/Pantheon is such a wonderful feeling. 😈

Home