Steven James LV.15 Chief
Nov 23, 2020, 11:34 PM 525 read

PVP flaw

FORUM
DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - PVP flaw image 1

Playing PVP over the weekend, I encountered a serious flaw. Easily killed my opponents entire team with only his Dana remaining. 4 minutes left in the match and I still end up losing due to time running out. 4 fevers, 5 v 1 and my team could not kill his Dana. Is this a hack or is it possible to have an unkillable unit? If this was in fact legit, DC really needs to look at what constitutes a win or loss in PVP.

Comment 47

• Zagpak LV.7 Nomad Nov 24, 2020, 09:28 PM

we should be able to check equipement of the other team.

• M00N LV.22 Bamboozled Nov 25, 2020, 11:35 PM

In JP you are able to. No idea why you can't in Global. I for once have a list of opponents I loose to, so I skip them.

• Kara Sol Stay Calm LV.19 Supersonic Nov 23, 2020, 11:52 PM

It likely dies to fevers by Dark units, to burst damage and to certain debuffs. You've run into a unit built to deny your team.
    Who knows, maybe that Dana's spa level is 95 to boot.

• Ravenous LV.22 Titan Nov 24, 2020, 01:14 AM

Why are you attacking with Dana during fever, is she your highest ATK unit? And you fevered four times but you couldn't apply Bathory's -DEF before driving into fever? I know Dana self cleanses but it's easy to see when she slides since she applies a barrier. Seriously, you just had to do nothing until she applies barrier, slide with Bathory, drive into fever and attack with your highest ATK unit. If you still couldn't put a dent then stop stacking your units with survivability gear.

• Zombie Dane LV.27 Team Rocket Nov 24, 2020, 05:51 PM

this is one of my pvp teams, this is the one thats broken af. when i hit fever Pomona is attacking. she has the highest attack in order to get Chang'e's buff. ( this my fullauto team when i am sick or can't be bothered to play manual )

• Ravenous LV.22 Titan Nov 24, 2020, 09:42 PM

Neptune can also do a lot of damage if you build her like an attacker. Her drive especially if you're dealing with a team that's not using this Bathory as a leader. And ATK makes heals stronger so it's recommend but, naturally she'll be squishier for it.

• Zombie Dane LV.27 Team Rocket Nov 25, 2020, 02:34 AM

Yeah, i can see how that could work out to a benefit.

• M00N LV.22 Bamboozled Nov 25, 2020, 11:44 PM

Ravenous is right, why max att with Pomona? You loose a lot of momentum and you should be able to survive untill fever without it. If you wanna play it save, use Neptune for max att and 1&3 drive, but I think even better would be Chang'e Max att, Neptune 2nd. Like this you are much faster. The stuns slow the enemy while also keeping dmg of your childs.

• Zombie Dane LV.27 Team Rocket Nov 26, 2020, 01:23 PM

He maybe right, but i use Pamona for more then just PvP. Just because he might be right doesn't mean that I am not right. Pamona is the better healer and she can dish out hard attacks 1,500 to a Dana in PvP (fever). that is more then enough to beat out 576 + self healing equipment she might have.
    why would i mess with something that works so well. you all trying to sabotage me.

• M00N LV.22 Bamboozled Nov 26, 2020, 03:11 PM

Zombie Dane  XD Sabotage you. That's funny ;) Well you know what's best for you. Don't let them ppl sabotage you son! ;)

• Zombie Dane LV.27 Team Rocket Nov 26, 2020, 04:34 PM

M00N  lol, just a little paranoid after being sick and not getting enough sleep. just woke up now feeling a lot better.

• M00N LV.22 Bamboozled Nov 26, 2020, 06:34 PM

Zombie Dane  Good to hear pal. Don't let this crazy times get to your head. (*'ω'*)
    Your team is awesome. Don't change it if you don't feel like it.
    *\(^o^)/*

• YounGod LV.20 The Best Nov 27, 2020, 05:38 PM

hey lol I swear i beat you once

• Zombie Dane LV.27 Team Rocket Nov 27, 2020, 09:07 PM

I can believe it. my team set up there is for my fullauto and can be beat. but i can imagine anyone who plays manually can just about beat any other team out there, as long as use the current meta.

this is my team i like to use when i actually play manually

• Yen+ LV.7 Nomad Nov 24, 2020, 12:41 AM

And that is why you should bring an Attaker.

With armor upgrade + new "excuse me" SC, dana can tank any non-attacker fever.

• M00N LV.22 Bamboozled Nov 24, 2020, 03:21 AM

Na, I'm Top50-100 and never ever used an attacker. You do not need attacker even when fever is your win condition.

• Pink Ballons LV.21 S Nov 24, 2020, 01:06 AM

ik it is a mad flaw, at least u were doing damage on the fever I was doing literal "0" damage, ngl I went bunkers over that

• M00N LV.22 Bamboozled Nov 24, 2020, 03:22 AM

No flaw, just not good enough equiptment options.

• Pink Ballons LV.21 S Nov 24, 2020, 03:24 AM

yeah no bcs my maxed our bathory isn't enough

• M00N LV.22 Bamboozled Nov 24, 2020, 03:33 AM

Max out bath is nice, but has nothing to do with it. Plus, we are talking fever, but Bath should be slide, so you can't expect her to shine in both - killer slide or fever tap.

It's weapon slot 2 where it's at. You don't have the 'add _% of __ to dmg', you don't kill them Danas

• Pink Ballons LV.21 S Nov 24, 2020, 03:33 AM

fair enough

• Pink Ballons LV.21 S Nov 24, 2020, 03:40 AM

still think that Dana is broken ( specially for a child that is in the game since fucking lunch - i play since that time and I've only seen Dana as a defender in teams )

• M00N LV.22 Bamboozled Nov 24, 2020, 03:46 AM

True, Dana is imba. But you could built any child like that. For example Raymond uses his Sytry to suck up fever just like others use Dana. It's the options. Have a look at Japan - you woun't find Dana anywhere top 100. The metha change is afoot, just wait a little longer and she will be too slow and gone with the wind.

• Pink Ballons LV.21 S Nov 24, 2020, 04:58 AM

M00N  yeah that ik because I follow up with the Korean version and there the meta shifts like a race car, every new child for pvp that is lunched it almost becomes too cheers instantly

• M00N LV.22 Bamboozled Nov 24, 2020, 05:37 AM

Pink Ballons  I could imagine it not to be easy to design a game and find the balance between: making the characters ballanced but therefore the new childs not a must to have, and making the childs stronger and stronger to make people spent money and keep the game lively. Personally, I hate this about ptw Games. I love well ballanced games, like the old Blizzard strategy games and the idea of ballancing all units - but I guess that doesn't keep the money coming..

• P. Argonaut LV.21 Insomniac Nov 24, 2020, 01:29 AM

If you don't use an attacker, you'll probably need better gear/options to reach higher ranks. I faced teams I couldn't kill when I traded out my attacker, but this option specifically allowed me to do about one to two thousand damage per tap during fever time. Also, make sure your fever attacker has their TAP skill leveled.

Or use an attacker. These support, debuff and defender units aren't designed to deal a whole lot of damage themselves.

• M00N LV.22 Bamboozled Nov 24, 2020, 03:24 AM

I never use atter or debuffer and have no problem with them Danas. But other than that, you are absolutely right - weapon slot 2 is where it's at.

• P. Argonaut LV.21 Insomniac Nov 24, 2020, 03:42 AM

Right on, brother! Me too. Best offense is a good defense... and good equipment options 😉

• M00N LV.22 Bamboozled Nov 24, 2020, 04:28 AM

True that! I use Thisbe for Neptune & lead, but other then that, same. Who needs Bath, when Chang'e or Neptune have just about 1200 less attack, but have the speed and awesome drives!

• P. Argonaut LV.21 Insomniac Nov 24, 2020, 05:03 AM

Yeah, I saw you on the leaderboard. Congrats! 🏆🎉 Hope to get up there myself if I get some more uncaps. I still got +2s, +3, even a +0! 😩

Mind if I ask what defensive equipment options you use? I tried to get reduced tap damage on Athena to survive fever, but other than that I'm not sure what to look for.

• M00N LV.22 Bamboozled Nov 24, 2020, 06:00 AM

Thanks for asking! This is Danas gear, she eats up most fever. I focused on her when rerolling options and one tap weapon for fever. My Chang'e and Thisbe have highest att for full auto drives. They feel F.Baths fire and are full anti slide options to survive. Athena and Pomona are my weakest. Right now I make them also focus on anti tap to make me even more resiliant vs fever and because the two do not face imminent threat.

But you ll probably learn more by reading the guide I linked a few comments up on this post. If you not already have, this is an absolute must read! (*^^*)

Edit: picture

• P. Argonaut LV.21 Insomniac Nov 24, 2020, 08:52 AM

M00N  Wow, with maxed out Excuse Me Prism Carta... and a casual 86 spa level on top!

I think I'll try and get more slide protection for the weaker characters next. F. Bath does hit like a truck. 4 trucks.

Cool, I'll check that guide out, Moon. Thanks!

• Archfiend Laharl LV.22 S Nov 24, 2020, 12:11 PM

M00N  Just wanted to chime in and thank you for all your posts on this thread, and especially this info here.

I'm not even in the same league as any of you in terms of strength, but I do have a maxed out Dana so now I understand better how to take her to the next level.

I have to ask though: how long did it take you to get all that S level gear? I can't roll an S option to save my life, even with the event going on. ><;

• M00N LV.22 Bamboozled Nov 24, 2020, 04:02 PM

Archfiend Laharl  Thanks for letting me know Laharl. Feels good to hear you liked the posts. I saved up about 2300 materials each before the event and about 60mio gold. I did so by dailies and on top 3 devil rumble passes, the once with 3x300 materials. I even focused my weekly number of fights in story mode to max the options recieved from Lisa's missions.
    This helped me get about 2/3 of the options you see here. Another 1/6 I had from the last crafting event. And the last 1/6 I got this weekend from a spending spree on 5 Special Crafting Lucky Boxes, which was my present to myself for the last few hard weeks I had. Spending on this box is not neccessary and not recomandable. Hope that helps (*^^*)

• M00N LV.22 Bamboozled Nov 24, 2020, 04:14 PM

P. Argonaut  Happy to hear you give that guide a try ヽ(´▽`)/ It sure did help me a lot. When going for slide protection, make sure to give it to your childs with highest attack, cause that's where Bath's slide lands. And don't dicard a BS or BA reduce dmg by X% of Atk, if you are on a budget!
    If you wanna play it economical, you can come a long way even with good B options. But you need the right reduce/add dmg by {value} of X options.

• P. Argonaut LV.21 Insomniac Nov 24, 2020, 05:03 PM

M00N  Ah, thanks for the tips, Moon! Good note on Bathory, I forgot she prioritizes highest ATK. Tried about 150 armor rolls tonight. A lot of reduced drive damage. Games yanking my chain! 😵 😂 Glad the event lasts until Dec.

• Child's Play LV.25 Pokémon Master Nov 24, 2020, 02:32 AM

using dana while fever? wheres attacker?

• Gatsu86 LV.22 Champion Nov 24, 2020, 04:28 AM

I was thinking the same... if he play on full auto, at least in fever he should tap a different child instead let the game tap with his highest attack child (in that case Dana)...

There are so many buff and increase stats that can be applied to a child, a defender in fever obviously will do no damage at all vs another defender.

I suggest to add options on a different child (not a defender) that will add X% damage when the child attack with tap (if the goal is to play full auto) and tap manually that child in fever.

• M00N LV.22 Bamboozled Nov 24, 2020, 06:22 AM

The add X% damage is actually not that good for fever taps. You would want that on a F.Bath to get even more massive slides. On a fever tap weapon you must have add X% of HP/etc to dmg. If you want to kill Dana.

• Gatsu86 LV.22 Champion Nov 24, 2020, 06:34 AM

Probably I got confused between both type of effects.. thanks.

• Steven James LV.15 Chief Nov 24, 2020, 05:21 AM

This was a bad screenshot. I wasn't on auto (even though I will switch to auto sometimes during fevers). This was in the middle of me tapping different units to see if it made any difference.

• Zombie Dane LV.27 Team Rocket Nov 24, 2020, 03:41 AM

See i know what exactly he is talking about. It is really difficult to tell if Dana has the ability to tank fevers. she is literally in everyone's team. i have my Dana set up like that. but the thing that erks me the most is losing when there is one child left and you still have 5 alive but the time runs out. i feel like the one rhat has the most health should win just like in good old fighting games.

• M00N LV.22 Bamboozled Nov 23, 2020, 11:38 PM

That's a strategy, not a flaw. You need to addapt: Improve Weapon Slot 1&2&3, Accessary Slot 1 to max attack. Untill then look out for easier opponents.

• Steven James LV.15 Chief Nov 23, 2020, 11:45 PM

My team power was 10k higher and with the exception of obviously better. It didn't matter though, every time I would hit Dana, she would gain back twice as much health, so it wouldn't matter how strong my equipment was.

• M00N LV.22 Bamboozled Nov 24, 2020, 03:15 AM

Team Power does not mean that much.

Actually the equiptment options are the reason, believe it or not:

"(Weapon Options: Slot 2) vs (Armor Options: Slot 2)

If you have ever wondered why it’s possible for you to see 0 damage hit done to you or the enemy, it’s due to Armor Options in Slot 2. Just like with weapons, the “Reduce damage by (X)” Options apply after the Damage Calculation.

Damage is calculated by a formula that uses ATK, DEF, and other modifiers (Weakness, buffs, debuffs) to give us a number. Now, regarding Options, it is added on afterwards.

Damage Calculation - (Armor Option in Slot 2 - Weapon Option in Slot 2) = Final Damage Dealt

Example 1:
    Assume that you could have done 320 damage to an enemy with your Tap Skill. That enemy has an
    A Grade Armor Option in Slot 2 that “reduces Tap damage by % of HP”, and they hit the cap at 500. You have no Option that “adds % of Stat to damage” on your weapon.
    320 - (500 - 0) = -180, which equals 0 Damage dealt.

Example 2:
    Assume that you could have done 320 damage to an enemy with your Tap skill. That enemy has an
    A Grade Armor Option in Slot 2 that “reduces Tap damage by % of HP”, and they hit the cap at 500. You have a C Grade Option that “adds % of Stat to damage” on your weapon and can hit the cap of 300.
    320 - (500 - 300) = 120 Damage dealt.

..."

• M00N LV.22 Bamboozled Nov 24, 2020, 03:16 AM
  • Jamez LV.17 Sage Nov 24, 2020, 08:02 PM

I have Charlotte as my main attacker. She can one shot shielded Dana's if they are the only unit left. :) But that's before Fever.

If you have an Athena and a Neptune, you can time your taunt and use the Neptune drive just before their Fever and watch them kill themselves.

Home