Luciferia~✿ LV.23 Monster
Oct 22, 2020, 11:51 AM 629 read

DC's TapTap Launch: A Play-worthy Edition~?

FORUM
DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - DC's TapTap Launch: A Play-worthy Edition~? image 1

[Fanart credit of our beloved Honoka belongs to xxNIKICHENxx~!] Good evening fellow DC Mooties. ♡ As you all may know, the much-anticipated launch of DC's uncensored version has premiered~!... Or.. Has it~? I've noticed quite a few changes to this edition of our beloved gacha collector, and to my dismay, they weren't too favorable. Having been under the initial impression that Kim Hyung Tae's art would arrive untouched through this newfound avenue, I was unimaginably excited to experience it on the Global server. However, it's become all-too obvious that this wasn't the case.

DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - DC's TapTap Launch: A Play-worthy Edition~? image 3

With the initial marketing, impressions were deep-rooted in the notion that we'd see the Korean server's art in its full glory, yet, it appears that we've been served something else entirely. I wanted to be sure before making this post that I hadn't missed any important information, or that perhaps a miscommunication may have been made somewhere along the way. I've been checking periodically throughout the day to see if anyone else would report similar concerns, and curiosity struck me blind with this particular comment:

DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - DC's TapTap Launch: A Play-worthy Edition~? image 5

So I did some investigating~! I occasionally play DMM's Destiny Child on my PC, and wanted to see what Japan's exclusive uncensored edition would reveal... And alas, the tale is true. I'll be using Neamhain, as done in a previous post, to highlight the significance of change. [Each version of Neamhain with her corresponding awakened skin icon.]

DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - DC's TapTap Launch: A Play-worthy Edition~? image 7

It would be a bit of an understatement to say that I'm disappointed...

DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - DC's TapTap Launch: A Play-worthy Edition~? image 16

How about you~? Are you pleased with the current state of DC on TapTap? Let's start a discussion. ♡

DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - DC's TapTap Launch: A Play-worthy Edition~? image 9

Poll Closed 67 Voted

How do you feel about DC's TapTap launch~?

• It's everything I hoped it would be. 2
  • It didn't quite meet my expectations. 52
  • I'm extremely disappointed. 11
  • Other [Please Comment] 2

*This post is subject to edits. Please check back every now and again in case something changes~!*

Comment 12

• Shadow Mega LV.21 Professional Noob Oct 22, 2020, 11:57 AM

We've been bamboozled! Back to running the uncensored patch.

• Degen LV.9 Nomad Oct 22, 2020, 11:56 AM

I'm glad with anything but taptap version so laggy and not ready yet I think that's the biggest disappoinment I got.

• Kirima Saimyou LV.13 Chief Oct 22, 2020, 12:52 PM

If I have to be honest.

I only download and pre-register taptap because of rewards.

Chinese always "Censor" Gore-Related Media & Artworks so it is already spectaculated that they won't be real "uncensored" like they try to promote. Dissapointed at best, Guessing this from miles away.

• Cheesaw LV.19 Assassin Oct 22, 2020, 04:31 PM

The crazy part of all this is that people specifically asked about all this, and they said it would be the original art and that the prices in the store would not be different. They either straight up lied, or somebody f*ed up and they need to fix it.

Personally, like Kirima above, I only registered for the rewards. I don't plan on using that version unless the uncensored global version is abandoned. Which, if the Taptap version remains as-is, then it probably won't.

• Lintaur LV.16 Sage Oct 22, 2020, 11:53 AM

I'm "ok" with it at best. I'm hoping the art gets replaced with the original Korean art work since that's what pretty much everyone that was waiting for this version wanted in the first place.

I hope Shift Up says something about this, but I'm not going to hold my breath, same with the inflated prices compared to the google play version. There was no reason to change the prices of any of the packages.

• Luciferia~✿ LV.23 Monster Oct 22, 2020, 12:10 PM

Yeah, this version that they've decided to release is far less rewarding than I would've hoped, especially considering the long-awaited release of the uncensored artwork, in some form or fashion. It's not what was expected, and it's honestly a huge letdown.

As for the inflation of package prices, that was completely unwarranted. Even if given notice, it still wouldn't have been any more welcome. I certainly hope the DEVs take our thoughts and concerns into account, since this release might not catch on too well considering these circumstances.

• Cronoxys LV.2 Lurker Oct 22, 2020, 10:31 PM

Tanto estados unidos como china me tienen muy fastidiado como se apoderaron de toda plataformas y censuraron todo .Es injustificable que un juego que es para mayores de 18 años, con esta temática la censuren por solo mostrar dibujos al estilo japonés . Lo veo tan ilógico que ya solo me registro para mostrar mi indignación . En fin son los tiempos que corren , tanto china como estados unidos tienen todo comprado U_U , espero que esto termine , son países que no le gusta la libertad de expresión ni el arte y quieren controlarnos a todos . en fin tomaron la industria de los video juego un partido recontra conservacionista puritano comunista , , que esta contra la industria japonesa , todo dibujo y empresa que venga con dibujos estilo anime parece que le mete todas las fichas para intentar que le vaya mal . y otra cosa , es estúpido querer ir a otra versión sin censura (donde obviamente la están tratando de censurar (siendo que la clasificación es de 18 años y no muestran nada ya en su versión sin censura -_- ) habiendo ya empezado hace mas de un año la global , en fin la comunidad va a tener que seguir haciendo parcheos de mod para sacar la censura . triste pero es lo mas fácil .

• Gatsu86 LV.25 Champion Oct 22, 2020, 12:06 PM

The only positive side of Tap version, for me, is that my favorite Bride Hildr really looks better than ever. I thinks I will use that version when I need to farm lot of times battles with stamina. (Narrative Dangeon or weekend for 2x exp). A part from that my phone can run the game more smoothly, so I will use it for other daily activities.

• mill0048 LV.22 Supersonic Oct 22, 2020, 10:10 PM

This really firms up my belief that the Tap Tap version came about due to better commission pricing on real money purchases. Not to say they are wrong for trying to get better rates, just that it was a motivator.

• Child's Play LV.25 Pokémon Master Oct 23, 2020, 02:08 AM

I'm gonna stick to google play stores global version as tap tap version comes with bugs. longer loading screens, choppier animations, gear screen sometimes not showing all gear, tap tap optimization in general is worse than global. and now that you've mentioned it I noticed that tap tap art isnt the same as my uncensor patch for global. tsk tsk im very disappointed.

• Pink Ballons LV.21 S Oct 26, 2020, 10:17 PM

do not mind the game to not be completely uncensured ( it would be good if it was but still( what it mkst disapoint me is that my android phone only recgnizr the game as a foreign application, there fkr i can nkt use my android system for life quality controll , we all know that DC is a game that isn't very well optimized and all kf the bright colors destroy your batery life so I am very well told to use the screen touch lock feature ( I can shut down my screen and let the gamelan on the back ground) so I basically only see what I want to see and when I want to see but with the tap tap I can not have this feature and it is the only reason why j do not play there ( btw even the Korean version installed by a different app the QooAPP allows me to use that feature )

• ZelphuS LV.23 Good Leader Oct 22, 2020, 05:56 PM

This version is not stable. I hope this version become better, but now is very very not safe for play.

Home