Smooth LV.7 Nomad
Sep 21, 2020, 08:05 AM 254 read

Need major HELP!! Global WB-Medusa

FORUM

Hola helpfuls! I am needing major help with Medusa WB, I feel like I should be doing A LOT more with better survivability. I DO NOT consistently get 7.9mil dmg and for some reason every 5 battles or so a couple of front row will actually die weirdly with most battles everyone alive. I posted every singles child I have 5*star* or higher (tried to screenshot atleast) I do not have the newest Soul Carta but I have the rest and most are prismed maxed or non prismed maxed. I also have the best weapons and armor / ACC available maxed out as well. (Appropriate childs to stats needed IE: att-crit to attackers and healers, att-agl to debuffers, att-hp-def to tanks) I have messed around a TON with Chang'e+6, Thisbe+1. Eve+6 as poisoner. But admittingly I do not have the best Childs at +4 or higher. ** Please if you can help in ANY way, throw out ideas and tips. I might have already tried some ** If you have any questions on what I have / use please feel free to ask, I will try to respond as soon as able.   *Edit* Forgot to mention, All skills set to appropriate and correct settings. Also the major question: Do you all think I should be happy with this damage or should I be getting more like I believe???

DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - Need major HELP!! Global WB-Medusa image 2

Comment 28

• Gatsu86 LV.22 Champion Sep 21, 2020, 10:22 AM

The problem is that most of your front raw are not 6star maxed so has less stats and risk to die more... I suggest you to add Chang’e in the front (with def items if you have) instead of Neptune... put Neptune in the back and remove Leda.

Another solution can be set Nirti as leader, set only Luna as drive order, Mars back, Chang’e and Neptune front (remove Leda), Maat regene should be enough if you set her and Mars slide only.

Try to not have light child in the front if is possible, see if they survive that way. :)

• Smooth LV.7 Nomad Sep 22, 2020, 03:14 AM

Thanks! It's always going to be a big problem as a f2p not having +6 on everything xD I was told to not use chang'e while light mona was there even tho my mona is very low cap.

I'll have to try this, all skills are set up correctly too.

Ofc ofc xD trying to balance weak caps with weaker is prob leading back to my problem again, balancing what needs to be in back with surv in back. I need a 3rd row for back ;D

• Gatsu86 LV.22 Champion Sep 22, 2020, 04:50 AM

The thing is that Mars on the front risk to get more times paralyzed, so in the back she can give the barrier for the team more often... A part from that, I thinks both Chang'e and Light Mona can work good togher:

I use Light Mona with S T T S T order and Chang'e with all S order, so both can help the team for different things (I don't use Mars so Light Mona give me some barrers).

For Neptune same thing, if you put her in the back she can heal more and get paralyzed less than in the front.

• Smooth LV.7 Nomad Sep 24, 2020, 07:23 AM

OH definitely!!
    The problem I'm running into is who will I throw up front if Mars go backline?

I def have a lot more light units than most ppl with not a whole lot of wiggle room for much else as the ones needed are either super low capped or I don't have.

• Toeknee LV.22 S Sep 21, 2020, 02:47 PM

I present to you my latest refinements in fighting this boss.

- Bastet absolutely must be in the top 2 highest ATK for your Pantheon to buff her

- The Soul Carta Sea side Goddess must go to Bastet. I realized this card's special option is acknowledged and it will put Bastet on the top of the ATK list, which is a relief considering I don't have to nerf the others anymore.

- If you happen to have 2 Sea Side Goddess cards, use them both, as long as Bastet gets one.

- Do not ever mix Chang'e with Light Mona, but use Light Mona

• Toeknee LV.22 S Sep 21, 2020, 02:52 PM

- Command Thetis and Eve to both slide only.

- Bastet only tap

• Toeknee LV.22 S Sep 21, 2020, 02:54 PM

This goes to Eve

• Toeknee LV.22 S Sep 21, 2020, 03:03 PM

The damage output we do with this boss is extremely volatile. She will petrify at random which is why i opted to use 2 drive skills with Luna in mind.

About this damage. I've done, 24M, 28M and now 30M, once. I average 17-22 million, but while possible for me to get 12 million. I say this to show you how Medusa is, so if you don't get good results with a new set up, test it again.

• Smooth LV.7 Nomad Sep 22, 2020, 03:32 AM

Awesome, gratz!
    What's your setup compared to mine? Are you rocking the best caps? I'm not really having problems with consistency other than the 1-2 child deaths every 5th fight or so, I'm pretty close to the same dmg. I believe I should be doing more than 7-8mil, but maybe I'm being more optimistic. =S

• Toeknee LV.22 S Sep 22, 2020, 03:43 AM

That's difficult for me to answer cause we're talking 20 childs here

Everyone in the top row has max capped skills. On the most part I ignore the auto skill ( maybe one day I'll put onyx in that )

Bastet is level 60 with +5 uncap ( I have a 6th uncap for her now, but I'm too broke to apply it at the moment.

Every now and then someone will die, it's fine I guess.

EDIT: Additionally, if you don't have the Wood Sytry, you can use Katherine as a substitute for her.

I don't see Brownie in your roaster, but do start saving her cause she's a player in every world boss. She will speed buff 3 wood allies which means the boss will get enfeebled more. In any case removing Brownie will mean less damage.

Babel basically pulls a Lan Fei, and on a good run the boss won't even get to use her drive skill, but even before that, Babel will increase survivability.

I have my heart set on Luna using her drive skill first or 2nd to nullify Medusa's terrible debuff.

Believe it or not, Mars is restricting your greater potential, if you can get around to not using her, you'll be happier.

• Smooth LV.7 Nomad Sep 24, 2020, 07:31 AM

Toeknee  Great points...:thinking:

I screenshot every 5-6star child I have, and sadly no Brownie, Katherine, W.Sytry or Babel, and Luin+0. I am def not part of the lucky squad.

My Lan Fei is +5, but no onyx put into her at all, would she even be worth? I have 4k Onyx after grabbing another L.Werewolf and 2 Luna's.

• Toeknee LV.22 S Sep 24, 2020, 07:43 AM

Smooth  Lan Fei ? It might not be worth it to focus on stopping Medusa's drive skill.

You do have Katherine, you'll find her in the wood debuffer section. Level 50. Consider giving her good armor and lots of AGI. Her slide skill will cast allure and when active it will make it impossible for Medusa to petrify the party. On a good run, Medusa will not petrify your party at all.

I started testing with Nirrti and there are 2 things we can do with her.

- Make Nirrti leader

- Command Nirrti to tap every time.

Nirrti's tap as you know will be quick, and everytime she does it, she will pluck away one of the Boss's buffs.

Making Nirrti leader will lower Medusa's Debuff evasion by -15% and shows face. The debuff fail rate will drop, and even better if your debuffers have high AGL.

Agility increases the success rate of such effects landing.

• P. Argonaut LV.18 Genius Sep 21, 2020, 03:04 PM

I can confirm a +0 Bastet doing more damage than a +4 B. Hildr and almost as much as +5 L. Frej once I got her in top two ATK. All skills at respective max, all Lvl. 60.
    Seaside Goddess is a huge help cause her ATK is so low for some reason!

• Toeknee LV.22 S Sep 21, 2020, 03:13 PM

Confirmation noted.

Yesterday my solution to that problem was to nerf up my other attackers. I was sending in Eve with no weapon, then I realized the special Option on the card was being acknowledged by Pantheon, and that made life easier.

I have 2 of these prisms all done up. Sniper Hildr has the other one.

• Toeknee LV.22 S Sep 21, 2020, 03:15 PM

This is poison damage, ( dark green ) and it's why I bring Eve and set her up as previously mentioned.

• Smooth LV.7 Nomad Sep 22, 2020, 03:35 AM

Kitty is DEF top, but only doing 2.4mil of my 7-8mil. =(
    The Hildr twins (*wink) fighting out 2nd and 3rd with B.Hildr pushing hard.

• Smooth LV.7 Nomad Sep 22, 2020, 03:29 AM

Thanks! I never thought to use both eve and thetis, although only rocking 1 maxed out +poison SC =(

• Toeknee LV.22 S Sep 22, 2020, 03:45 AM

Yeah if you use both Thetis and Eve. Let them both use their slide skills. Or in Other words, Do not use Thetis's tap skill. Or else she will overwrite Eve's more effective poison.

The purple digits in the image is from Sunbeach Mona's debuff.

So yes just make Thetis and Eve both slide, and give the poison SC to Eve.

• Smooth LV.7 Nomad Sep 22, 2020, 03:19 AM

Thank you!
    -Bastet is top kitty DEF, although only pawing a 2.4mil dmg overall-nyah =( with next attackers rng all over the place just under 2mil

-Cards, skills and ACC all set up correctly and maxed ;D

-I was def told that and was following that. Do you think going with Chang'e+6 over my L.Mona's +2 would be more beneficial?

• Toeknee LV.22 S Sep 22, 2020, 03:49 AM

Leave out Chang'e this time and here's why...

Chang'e will buff the top 2 highest ATK. In this case they are light attackers.

L.Mona will buff the top 3 light attackers with the highest ATK.

So Chang'e's slide skill is useless in this case cause L.MOna will cancel her and even buff an additional attacker.

• Smooth LV.7 Nomad Sep 22, 2020, 03:28 AM

Thank you!
    -Kitty is Def top dmg-nyah! Although only pawing in 2.4mil with the other attackers rng all over the place just under 2mil.

-SC, skills and ACCs are all properly placed and maxed out ;D

-I have been following that for sure! Although do you think +6Chang'e would be more beneficial over my +2 L.Mona?

question: Just wondering if any reason why no armor on your Bastet other than back row aren't getting hit. I was assuming the addition to POWER was also affecting priority on Pantheon as well as +attack.

• Toeknee LV.22 S Sep 22, 2020, 04:09 AM

Just be sure Bastet is always using her tap skill

In my case Bastet is using an A grade Q flask with AAA options one of those options adds additional damage to her tap. I've gotten her to do over 8M but 5 million or so average.

As for the no armor on Bastet. It's simply because she doesn't get hit. Some of them back there are also nude behind the scenes.

The reason why I'm getting high damage output with a relatively low power level, is because I skip the auto attacks and armor for childs I barely use and are in the back row.

Pantheon will prioritize the 2 units that has the highest ATK, and no armor offers that. With the use of weapons and accessories we can determine who Pantheon will buff. It could be anyone really.

The Sea Side Goddess Carta has that insane ATK boost special option, it doesn't show up when we examine the unit's stats but on the field Pantheon will absolutely consider the additional ATK boost the card has to offer.

I might have mentioned it before, but I have 2 of those Prisms all done up, one for Bastet, one for Sniper Hildr.

Sea Side Goddess doesn't have a CRT boost, but the fact Pantheon will buff them really compensates for that.

• Smooth LV.7 Nomad Sep 24, 2020, 10:43 AM

Here's an UPDATE after all the help so far:

Dropped Thetis as her +1 wasn't doing anything really. Replaced with Eve. (Eve + Thetis wasn't better)

Dropped Neptune as her 1 buffing wasn't making a difference. Replaced with Chang'e as I really don't have any options I can see that can also survive. :shrug:

All this leading to Mars, Leda and Chang'e up front and 0 deaths and the NEW dmg (on practice but still)
    Nitri on back I think is doing work but I'm not sure... OFC I am still working towards refining and hopefully getting there.
    ** Since post Luna has gone from +0 to +3 and L.Mona has gone from +2 to +3.

Please, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

• Degen LV.7 Nomad Sep 21, 2020, 02:53 PM

you need control the petrify. you would've stable dpsnto the boss, I recommend bring child with allure debuff.

• Smooth LV.7 Nomad Sep 22, 2020, 03:37 AM

Appreciate it!
    Hopefully I have a child for the job. xD

• P. Argonaut LV.18 Genius Sep 21, 2020, 02:54 PM

I had better luck getting rid of Mars rather than Leda. Keeping Leda and Maat in back with high ATK/CRT equipment. Also, E rank accessory option to increase regen by 15% on weak front line characters. Pretty easy to get, as it's E rank.

Medusa's ATK buff stacks make her hit like a truck, and I believe she targets lowest hp. Sytry's tap removes these stacks and setting her to Slide - Tap helped me a lot.

Billy, Lan Fei, and Dark Davi have some useful debuffs for survival. You might try experimenting with them.

And Drive set to only Luna.

I have pretty low uncaps, but only rarely lose a child. Even without Mars.

Good luck!

• Smooth LV.7 Nomad Sep 22, 2020, 03:41 AM

THANKS!
    I might try booting mars, she's only lvl50+5. =3

With my Billy, LanFei and Dark Davi being low uncaps would that be more useful than what I have and who would I replace?

What kind of numbers are you pulling? Should I be happy with what I get at my uncaps or do you think I should be getting more?

• P. Argonaut LV.18 Genius Sep 22, 2020, 05:37 AM

Hard to say who you might replace, a lot of my buffers/debuffers are such low uncaps I can't even tell which ones actually help! 😵But if you're still losing units, maybe Mars is better than any of them.

Even a low +1 Lan Fei got Medusa down to 1 drive per battle, though. If her drives are a problem you could try her.

I've been disappointed with my damage also. Best run so far was only 6.9mil. With a +0 Bastet I guess I can't expect too much. I invested most of my time so far into defense/survival, so hopefully I can find some new offensive measures now that I've stabilized.

Let me know if you find some good damage booster strats!

Home