CRBY LV.14 Chief
Sep 13, 2020, 05:20 PM 166 read

Breaking down our current Top 100 (PVP) : Which childs are able to shake up the Meta?

FORUM

https://youtu.be/iPhkNXP0Ssw

A long discussion about how the PVP Meta has shifted as of late. Tried to use some rough stats of our current Top 100 teams in order to show off visible trends of child popularity. TL;DW: Pomona, Athena, Limos and Thisbe are the rising stars at the moment. They not only can replace but also do work alongside some of the very strongest childs in the game. Dana and Changè might not be that untouchable anymore or are they? Neptune and Wood Bathory are starting to crumble.

Comment 24

• YuGiOhID LV.14 Be my Mootentine ❤️ Sep 13, 2020, 07:30 PM

Ho i forgot to tell this too, Always have Dana and Change on your team around and specialy dont ignore the powerful drive of Change, she can boost your team with speed and sametime stun 0-3 opponents Units, very powerful.

• M00N LV.21 Bamboozled Sep 13, 2020, 09:07 PM

Chang'es drive is sick! And for me the reason why she is more useful in PvP than Thisbe - at least in auto.

• CRBY LV.14 Chief Sep 13, 2020, 11:29 PM

I see where you are coming from. However I think we have not arrived at a point yet where we can fully judge Thisbe's actual value. I have mentioned something in the video which many people seem to underestimate: Most people, even in higher ranks, do not have Thisbe at +6 yet. This also means they cannot compared them on equal terms. The moment people max out their own Thisbe (maybe you included) they will realize how good she actually is, even without a drive which stuns. Right now most people feel very convenient with their +6 Changè because that is all they can work with. The same happened with Pomona and Athena btw. When new strong debuffers drop and you have no Pomona to get back to, you will realize how essential Thisbe actually can be. For the time being however, just like myself, most people still rely on Changè heavily, cause it is within our comfort zone. And that is totally fine, cause not everybody can afford uncapping every single child to +6 on release. It is a slow but steady process. I am just happy to see new faces in PVP after years of stagnation.

• M00N LV.21 Bamboozled Sep 14, 2020, 12:21 AM

I totally get that seeing new faces is a good thing! That is one reason I am not a bin fan of Spa. It makes it harder to switch your long worked on Chang'es and what not for some new and low likeability childs. So Spa makes the game less flexible, because f2p player just don't have the ressources to watch every child having a bath..

Thisbe is great and having a look at Japans top100, she is used more often than Chang'e. Also the games are not 100% the same I expect something simular happening in DCG as well. She is a great child, especially, when playing manual and timing her slides.

I would love shiftup to implement machanics to switch childs for one another more easily, to have a broader range of childs in use, but after Spa and with Ignition to come it seems like the opposite is happening. After all, it is a gacha, so the new child is the best child.

• Pargonaut LV.17 I'm a Bot Sep 14, 2020, 03:27 AM

Great point about the spa. I feel stuck with my current PvP team because of the time and resources needed to get another PvP child to a comparable level. Resources I could be spending on my current team, or on new raid or WB childs.

I have decent uncaps on childs that I've seen in top 100 teams, like Rita and Moa, etc. I'd love to try them out but they're 5* E-class, skill level 1, spa level 0. So much time and resources needed, and they might not even work well in my composition, or they might be outclassed by new childs or evolving meta.

• M00N LV.21 Bamboozled Sep 14, 2020, 03:48 AM

I hear ya! This really sux. You d basically have to commit to investing in childs you can't even be sure they work for you. So what to do, right? I for myself try to Spa my current team plus four childs that I might use someday (Limos, Athena, N.Mona, Billy). But by the day they ll have high enough likeability, they might not even be relevant anymore!

• Butterfly LV.13 Chief Sep 17, 2020, 09:04 AM

someday I'll get there. it is certainly a slow process but I'm finally in the gold ranking

• YuGiOhID LV.14 Be my Mootentine ❤️ Sep 13, 2020, 11:55 PM

early or later if you want to escale to Platinum you must learn to play in Manual , super easy , just Tap spawn the skills the fast as you can , the objective is always getting first to Fever Mode to win .

• M00N LV.21 Bamboozled Sep 14, 2020, 12:02 AM

Top100 here playing full auto, so that's that ;) For example Corn also full auto but he's Corn. ;) I get the point, that there are many advantages of playing manual and I am practicing every once in a while. I think there are teams, like F.Bath or Athena teams, that only( or at least a lot better) work played manual. Also, it gives you a much better understanding of the games mechanics. So playing manual is a skill I am definitely working on.

Are you Yu-Gi-Oh ingame? If so, we are friends ^^

• YuGiOhID LV.14 Be my Mootentine ❤️ Sep 14, 2020, 06:42 AM

yes its me haha

• CRBY LV.14 Chief Sep 13, 2020, 11:17 PM

I agree with Changè's drive skill being hella strong. Probably too strong considering how good she is even without it.

• Pargonaut LV.17 I'm a Bot Sep 14, 2020, 08:50 AM

Yes! Chang'e is such a baller! 😎 I had a 6* +2 or 3 copy but still got the +6 from Lisa's lessons a while back. No regrets. Recently got an increased stun option for her, too.

• M00N LV.21 Bamboozled Sep 13, 2020, 06:27 PM

Thx a lot for this :) Very informative and interessting! Personally I am a Neptune fanboy because of her Life Link, an ability you didn't really talked about, but I still think gives you hell a survivability and has few counters. Even with Athena, Pomona, Limos, and Thisbe changing up the meta, driving with Neptune helps to survive/outheal even a F.Bath crit buffed slide or, on 3.drive, an opponents fever time. But I guess I ll have to try out more combos without her to fully understand why meta drops her.

• CRBY LV.14 Chief Sep 13, 2020, 06:52 PM

No doubt, Neptune's drive is crazy strong. Negates tons of damage and can save your day. Ive talked a lot about that ability previously already so I kinda skipped it here. Neptune is still very strong in General dont get me wrong. However we finally get to see more alternatives. And debuffs becoming as strong as they are these days makes Pomona even more important.

• YuGiOhID LV.14 Be my Mootentine ❤️ Sep 13, 2020, 07:23 PM

i think Wood Bathory the glory days have passed for her, even the Fire Bathory for PVP is starting to stagnate her good 4 hit attack and her driver is not enough for the current teams who have alot of defense, best approach team is an Ofensive team, even you dont need to have the Any Attack Unit like Fire Bathory or Gunslinger Hildr to win the current Meta PVP.

• Butterfly LV.13 Chief Sep 13, 2020, 08:57 PM

any suggestions for a team that include Dana and Change?

• M00N LV.21 Bamboozled Sep 13, 2020, 09:05 PM

How about 90% of the Top100 teams?

• Butterfly LV.13 Chief Sep 13, 2020, 09:20 PM

lol...yeah...never even dawned on me to check the rankings (slaps self in forehead)

• M00N LV.21 Bamboozled Sep 13, 2020, 09:24 PM

At least that's what I did - find a team that you can copy with the childs you have and find out how and against what teams it works. ^^

• CRBY LV.14 Chief Sep 14, 2020, 02:05 AM

They are still the core to most teams as already mentioned. However in General you might wanna build a more defensive comp with Dana in the Mix. Athena, Neptune and Moa are some of the stronger childs which work well in Stall comps.

• Pargonaut LV.17 I'm a Bot Sep 14, 2020, 08:40 AM

Here's my PvP team which I've been playing on full auto. Somehow my lackluster uncaps (+1 +6 +0 +6 +3) still got me to platinum league and I noticed a while back that my opponents are mostly teams of all +6 childs. 🤔

My wins seem to rely on surviving opponents fever time. Used to have N. Mona instead of Athena and +6 Selene (thx Lisa!) instead of Pomona and got to Gold League by winning fever race with these faster, higher damage characters and ATK/CRT equipment.

I stalled in Gold League, though. My poor Eve was a marshmallow 😢 and I noticed that a lot of top teams used multiple defenders, so I tried Athena/Dana combo with Pomona for cleanse/revive and switched to HP/DEF equipment and now I think I'm competing well above my weight class. On full auto, too! 😜

Maybe it's just a good team composition for low platinum/gold tier opponents?

• CRBY LV.14 Chief Sep 14, 2020, 09:34 AM

Looks quite solid actually. A lot of defense, plus some damage through Eve.

• TJ Li LV.7 Nomad Sep 15, 2020, 09:59 AM

I have been experimenting with Limo fully max out. She's a monster when played manual. She's good against stall team or single attacker but not against Athena. The only downside is it's reallyy hard to get increase confussion accuracy option for her with accessory, you will need A or S class. Rita still outsights all debuffs when fight against Neptune, Maat and dark Midas. I think that overall Limo is the best debuffer besides earth Sytry ( I still need 2 more copies).

• CRBY LV.14 Chief Sep 16, 2020, 01:16 AM

Limos is the best debuffer with Sytry. Limos is more special though. Her Slide does something no one else does.

Home