Luciferia~✿ LV.23 Monster
Sep 8, 2020, 01:53 AM 1,245 read

My Thoughts On DC's TapTap Launch~

FORUM
DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - My Thoughts On DC's TapTap Launch~ image 3

Hello, darling DC Mooters... I hope you're having a pleasant morning or evening, wherever you are in this world~ I've recently commented on the DC News post concerning the game's TapTap launch, and have some concerns for both myself and my friends, as I'm afraid this will cause a massive split in the player base. As an Android user, I've always had access to third-party applications via their website or links (APKs and similar files) with of course proceeding with caution, as some of these apps can be harmful to my OS, or are simply incompatible. With the future release of this version of the game, I'm worried about my fellow iOS users, their access to (as it appears) content limited only to TapTap DC, and at the end of the day, security. I've used apps like QooApp, Japan's mobile game launcher, to access the JP DC, as well as KR in the past. TapTap functions more or less identically to QooApp (as I've already downloaded the app and taken a deeper look), which gave me a sense of relief, as I've never had security or compatibility issues with QooApp... But, only time will tell how the TapTap version of DC will function in relation to the iOS and Google Play versions. That aside, what will happen to the iOS player base? If this TapTap app is only Android compatible, that completely alienates other users and excludes them from accessing the content that they thought was promised by the DEVs, like the de-censoring of Childs. This may not only hurt DC's Global player base as a whole, by having little pockets of players operating on different platforms with conceivably different content, but it will split an already tight-knit community of individuals who seek some sense of companionship in events such as Ragna:Breaks and World Bosses, not to mention any future implementations that rely on any form of player partnerships. I'm deeply concerned about players who don't use Android software... If I pre-registered for this official release, why can't they? If I can access exclusive content that was promised beforehand.. Why can't they..? If this goes down the road I believe it will, I can't possibly continue to participate on the TapTap DC server when it launches. I want to remain close to my friends and continue to support them as they would me. Well~...sorry for that long rambling. I hope that everyone continues to receive answers to their questions and that DC highly considers the inclusion of iOS users, it would be unfair if otherwise. A few more questions from me... ░ I've seen that you can transfer an existing account to the TapTap server, but without Facebook and Google, how..? ░ Will the event-release time-line remain unaltered?... Or will it undergo a complete overhaul? ※ I might add more questions to this soon.. These were just off the top of my head. Have a awesometastic day, everyone~

Comment 50

• CM Alt LV.24 GameManager Sep 8, 2020, 10:50 AM

Pinned Dear Luciferia~✿ ,

Thank you for your interest in the release of TapTap version.

We will clarify some of the issues that you've mentioned.

1. You can only transfer your existing account to TapTap version through previous link methods such as Google and FaceBook.

2. Every content will proceed at the same time between existing GL version and new TapTap version. Furthermore, the player base will not be separated.

Hope this helped.

Thanks and Regards,

• CM Alt LV.24 GameManager Sep 8, 2020, 10:50 AM

Pinned Dear Luciferia~✿ ,

Thank you for your interest in the release of TapTap version.

We will clarify some of the issues that you've mentioned.

1. You can only transfer your existing account to TapTap version through previous link methods such as Google and FaceBook.

2. Every content will proceed at the same time between existing GL version and new TapTap version. Furthermore, the player base will not be separated.

Hope this helped.

Thanks and Regards,

• Luciferia~✿ LV.23 Monster Sep 8, 2020, 10:52 AM

Hey! Thank you so much. I'm still worried for the iPhone users, since their software is still unsupported... I am hoping they can access this version of the game, too. Once again, thanks for your response. ♥️

• ZelphuS LV.23 Good Leader Sep 8, 2020, 06:32 AM

The CM communication is a fail for this news.

Devs need to repost a new post with more explication about this new version global uncensored.

All players is confuse, Limos is here ! 😄

• Toeknee LV.23 Warrior Sep 8, 2020, 11:40 AM

I made an inquiry on the news thread and got a response.

I'm now convinced that Shiftup is using taptap as a platform to deliver us an uncensored version of DC global.

Same server will host from the looks of it so no worries.

EDIT: Just noticed CM Alt already posted here but ill leave this post up anyway

• Gatsu86 LV.25 Champion Sep 8, 2020, 02:10 AM

It suck that is only for Android... iOS are leave in a corner once again. Wasn't easier to give an option in game that will uncensored the content if the player can prove that is an ********* adult? (maybe with some sort of paywall by 0,00 or 0,01 Eur via credit card, so only adult can access to it??) -.-

Why give a 12+ grade for an adult content and only censor here and there.... Even with the censorship it is clearly seen that it is a game for adults, so why categorize it as such?

• Kara Sol Stay Calm LV.20 Supersonic Sep 8, 2020, 08:06 AM

And do you want ShiftUp to one day read an e-mail that says...

"Your application, Destiny Child, contains content that we had originally believed to be suitable for distribution. However, we have recently received numerous complaints from our customers about this type of content, and have changed our guidelines appropriately.

We have decided to remove any overtly sexual content from the App Store, which includes your application."

will you shed tears of joy with them reading it?

As it is now, the 12+ version is a few taps matter on any iPhone. If you want censorship removed, a jailbreak is required with all the consequences. If you righteously push too much, the only way to play would be via jailbreak. Might as well stop iOS support at all, if it happens.

• Gatsu86 LV.25 Champion Sep 8, 2020, 08:37 AM

Sure because originally it was family friendly in KR / JP right?

You thinks as them that 12+ year old guys will buy more stuff because the interval is higher in age that play games?

They could made it for 18+ and sell the same value, because kids don't buy stuff online, adult do.

Btw they could add a feature in this game where via autentication of 18+ you can get the uncensored version... but no, just made another app so we split the players base in half and sell on Asia (Cina etc).

• BloodGrace LV.16 Sage Sep 8, 2020, 06:05 PM

KR iOS version is censored too. It is Apple’s policy, not Shift-up.

• Kirima Saimyou LV.13 Chief Sep 8, 2020, 02:12 AM

I will see how they handle this first.

i suspect about how they transfer account to taptap server too. without facebook or google seems impossible. because unlike APK provider like QooApp, this is entirely different server with different planning (monetization, time-zone, events ans exclusive content) and i always scare that they will care about taptap server too much and leave global server rot. i see this case all the time in korean base games.

• Ravenous LV.23 Titan Sep 8, 2020, 02:18 AM

• Kirima Saimyou LV.13 Chief Sep 8, 2020, 02:26 AM

well, thanks for information i guess.

still, taptap will get exclusive content. so it will get different gameplan. and i always suspect that server with chinese priority in mind will be scary as hell break loose lol

• Ravenous LV.23 Titan Sep 8, 2020, 02:47 AM

We're already playing with Chinese players, by the way. You can change the language here on moot (at the left) to Chinese and say hello to them. But maybe connection from their region sucked with currently available global servers and they came up with this solution.

And I haven't heard anything about exclusive content so I dunno.

• This comment has been removed by admin.

• Ravenous LV.23 Titan Sep 8, 2020, 04:27 AM

Did they ever say the word transfer? Because I think you can log in to either app and carry on with your progress just like that.

The exclusive content part is confusing me as well. Unless Chinese players had to deal with complete content removal due to Chinese laws and this platform restores it, and thus exclusive content to TapTap (for Chinese players).

• Kelerher LV.17 Sage Sep 8, 2020, 05:02 AM

Ravenous  I mean, you can say whatever term you like, it's not really my point here... The fact that you can freely login through different services is written in their FAQ - the same where they're saying about interoperablity of data between both servers.
    You have to distinct the account credentials and final game data here. Google/Facebook/etc. are providing account linking via their services, but the final data, the actual game data is on the side of Shift Up. And here's the deal: how both servers gonna work with that. If they gonna differ in a crucial aspects like having exclusive Childs/items/whatever else, it's more likely that they will be separated from each other onto their own DBs. It doesn't necessarily mean that Devs can't handle it all on the same schema/database, but they will have to face a lot of hindrances by choosing this path and will have to handle lots of stuff/errors/bugs they woudn't have to overwise.
    How are you going to "carry on", for instance, if TapTap version have some Child you won't be able to access while switching back to Global? And how do people even gonna operate with other players from TapTap with exclusive stuff while staying on the Global server?
    And I don't really follow your statement about exclusiveness for Chinese players. If you mean they lacked some content specifically in Global then it's not really true - everyone has the same "game image" (let's put it that way) on the same server. If you're trying to say that Devs maybe planned to release some special stuff for them during all this time - then it's an additional point towards the potential that these servers will actually be separate, you know.
    That's how I see it, at least.

• Ravenous LV.23 Titan Sep 8, 2020, 06:23 AM

Kelerher  I get you but I have only speculations to offer myself. Like, the exclusive content part is worded differently in the FAQs "Unlike the current international service, the TapTap version will include mature content, which means that players will be exposed to more characters and content!" --to me this sounds like they are under the impression we weren't getting the risqué characters. So it could be misinformation on their part.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how they operate when the app launches.

• Gatsu86 LV.25 Champion Sep 8, 2020, 03:18 AM

FB there don't work. so... good luck with that.

• Ravenous LV.23 Titan Sep 8, 2020, 04:35 AM

Is that so? I use google so I wouldn't know.

• Gatsu86 LV.25 Champion Sep 8, 2020, 04:37 AM

Yeah, I tried multiple times.. it don't allow me to log in via FB. (maybe before was working, but now it don't allow anymore).

instead in TapTap app you can log with FB.. idk why the website is different.

• Ravenous LV.23 Titan Sep 8, 2020, 04:40 AM

Yeah, I tried now and saw the message. That's weird.

• ManaZ LV.13 Rootin Tootin Sep 8, 2020, 06:00 AM

China and U.S gouvernement has issue regarding spying... that maybe a reason for which FB doesn't work on chinese store.

• Gatsu86 LV.25 Champion Sep 8, 2020, 06:04 AM

ManaZ  So why it work in app? .. idk.

• ManaZ LV.13 Rootin Tootin Sep 8, 2020, 06:08 AM

Gatsu86  i have no idea...

• Crow91 LV.17 Team Rocket Sep 8, 2020, 03:59 AM

I think it's better to wait dc community feedback after the taptap release version, because that's a little confusing for the moment.

• ManaZ LV.13 Rootin Tootin Sep 8, 2020, 05:04 AM

i will stay on this server... i think every country has its restrictions... applestore and androïde have theirs (nudity is a part of it)... but i don't know what kind of restrictions or law there are in China appstore.

• NO NAME verified Sep 8, 2020, 09:48 AM

So much confusion

• Zombie Dane LV.27 Team Rocket Sep 9, 2020, 01:56 AM

I am balls to wall confused with this all.

• KenSeong LV.22 S Sep 8, 2020, 03:42 PM

Well after having CM Alt's feedback it's pretty clear that this app will be 100% the same as the app we already know and love but a different way to access it.

It's just their way to introduce the uncensored version the game OFFICIALY i guess.
    Now when it comes to iOS compatibility, if you're willing to jailbreak your phone, you could aswel get the unofficial uncensored patch while waiting for an eventual iOS release.

In the end none will be split apart. Some will have their game uncensored and some won't, for now.

Lastly, there are other things that could potentially change with the TapTap version... Prices in the shop! They could be higher or lower for all i know.
    In the case prices would be lower, the decrease would be most beneficial to iOS users as their billing is higher on the AppStore compared to the PlayStore.
    Only time will tell us but overall i think the whole DC TapTap stuff could be a good thing!

• Kelerher LV.17 Sage Sep 8, 2020, 07:16 PM

You may update your wrap-up a bit, sir. As Toeknee showed in his post here, CM Alt already mentioned there will be no differences between prices. That should nullify your concern. :)

• KenSeong LV.22 S Sep 8, 2020, 08:11 PM

Woops my bad then, haven't read this one up until now.
    Thanks for the info!

• ❥ Yui~ chan ✿ Ai ❥ LV.26 Midnight Kiss Sep 8, 2020, 10:05 PM

i see.. so no exclusive content for TapTap ver. only less censored images. Hmm.. :(

• Luciferia~✿ LV.23 Monster Sep 8, 2020, 10:08 PM

Mhhmm~ plus, it wouldn't mesh well with the original global server if they added new characters that didn't exist for other players. Since the two games are directly linked, as the CM noted, they are essentially the same game on different platforms. Sorry if that disappoints you... :'(

• ❥ Yui~ chan ✿ Ai ❥ LV.26 Midnight Kiss Sep 8, 2020, 10:12 PM

I'm a little worried if DC will delete the game in the Playstore and migrate to taptap. looks like I'll keep playing global dc in the playstore vinz~ :(

• Luciferia~✿ LV.23 Monster Sep 8, 2020, 10:14 PM

I'm planning on playing both simultaneously, checking on the OG global version every once in a while~... But we shall see how this turns out. It's only a matter of time before it officially launches. I will keep you posted on how it goes~ ♥️

• ❥ Yui~ chan ✿ Ai ❥ LV.26 Midnight Kiss Sep 8, 2020, 10:16 PM

wait vinz, if we move to taptap we will get new user benefits like crystals or summon tickets?

• Luciferia~✿ LV.23 Monster Sep 8, 2020, 10:18 PM

Mmhhmm~ it's a pre-registration program to get the ball rolling on launching the game~!

• ❥ Yui~ chan ✿ Ai ❥ LV.26 Midnight Kiss Sep 8, 2020, 10:20 PM

Luciferia~✿  if there is a chance to get it, maybe i will try it. 🐼 nyahahahahahahaha~ !!

• TJ Li LV.19 Sage Sep 8, 2020, 04:21 AM

if tap tap is getting new exclusive contents child/items. it would be a unfair to global and iOS players. and I think many Android user would jump ship. I feel like the global server will get abandon soon. it seem like the dev is heavily promoting palyers to switch to tap tap. I don't mind switching but if tap tap charge more for their shops then no thank you.

• CM Alt LV.24 GameManager Sep 8, 2020, 10:52 AM

Dear TJ Li,

Every content will proceed at the same time between existing GL version and new TapTap version. Furthermore, the player base will not be separated.

Hope this helped.

Thanks and Regards,

• TJ Li LV.19 Sage Sep 8, 2020, 01:13 PM

thanks for the reply but it's true that tap tap will have exclusive child/items that benefit only tap tap players and if tap tap server charge more for the shops can I switch back to google play?

• CM Alt LV.24 GameManager Sep 8, 2020, 02:03 PM

Dear TJ Li,

There will no exclusive content for TapTap version other than the less censored images.

Thanks and Regards,

• Kelerher LV.17 Sage Sep 8, 2020, 06:57 PM

Nice, you finally made a proper answer to that. Thanks.
    But I would still ask you to update your posts on TapTap a little bit. If you don't mind. Considering how it's written there, the info is kinda misleading and rather raises concerns about similarity in content between two clients. I'm talking about specific paragraphs, which I caught on the image pinned to this reply.
    I'm the one who fell into confusion after reading those posts and I guess I'm not alone.
    My apologies for spreading that confusion onto others.

(Upd.: seems like the post about differentials exists no more. Thus, the first paragraph is irrelevant now.)

• Kara Sol Stay Calm LV.20 Supersonic Sep 8, 2020, 08:22 AM

Exclusive content might mean that music jukebox thing. Exclusive characters might mean extra costumes with voice packs. One screenshot had a Guardian Chang'e in strange form. Maybe she gets to run Spa systems over there.
    Current global has decided that Kubaba bathes in young form. TapTap might make theirs old one and call it a new exclusive as well.

I don't see reason for devs to split the shard. Lots of Chinese players are currently in Global. Are they meant to scram and restart all the collection and whale activity like nothing? I think devs would rather just hope wider audience comes through TapTap even if newcomers get to be blasted by a puzzle of systems and mechanics, barely any hope to catch up. TapTap owners are also likely to make concessions (sponsored perhaps by Huawei down the line) to games which risk to incur Google's ire.

• Kara Sol Stay Calm LV.20 Supersonic Sep 8, 2020, 08:31 AM

Just realized they might want to sever the server at some point, indeed segregating the players without impacting the individual progress, but then either side wouldn't be happy with distortion of friendlists, Ragnas, World Bosses.

• NO NAME verified Sep 8, 2020, 02:04 AM

Hmmm...I don't think there's anything to worry about.

It seems it's just another app that, more or less, allows gamers who are interested in playing foreign games that are not available here.

And since DC is already global, it's all good. 👍

• Ravenous LV.23 Titan Sep 8, 2020, 02:06 AM

If Android users could crossplay with iOS users before then that's not going to change when Android users move to TapTap. The content is also universal for Global users across Apple Store, Google Play and TapTap regardless of the app.

"I've seen that you can transfer an existing account to the TapTap server, but without Facebook and Google, how..?"
    -I use my yahoo.com email to log in to the Play Store and that's the one I'll use to log in with TapTap if I want to pick up my progress.

• Pink Ballons LV.21 S Sep 8, 2020, 05:01 AM

from whag i see is thag, tap tap will only be like GL when released with the bunch of support that it rescived and try to keep it up on tap tap but my question is. can i keep both accs being taptap and GL?

• Toeknee LV.23 Warrior Sep 8, 2020, 09:41 AM

Probably.

It seems every version of DC is on tap tap including global. This probably means we can simply play the Korean version on our mobile devices.

Taptap also knows I have Global installed and I was able to launch the game from there. Because of this I'll have to find out if Tap tap is able to packet sniff.

Home