ZeriusHighGamer LV.21 Dream Chaser
Sep 2, 2020, 07:39 PM 305 read

Should I download the game?

FORUM

Now, I normally leave my decision up to reviews and stuff, however, the game is also on Moot. This of course means I want a few things to know. 1. Are some of the reviews false? 2. Is it fairly adaptable for new players? 3. Overall, how fun is it?

Comment 14

• gamer395344067 LV.9 Nomad Sep 2, 2020, 07:52 PM

Hey there.
    I’m used to Asian Gachapons. I can say that most of them are made to make you pay after like 1 week. Destiny Child is pretty generous with basically everything. I’m a free player and just playing the Story mode and completing every daily quests available, I can get at least 2 characters pulls per day. Check out my last topic, only today I got 3 rare characters with 1 pull. You also get rewards from developers on a weekly basis (updates, maintenances, ...). You can totally play free of charges and that’s really rare to be said in gachapons games.
    As a guy who likes sexy anime characters with great graphics, I like it. The visuals and the animation technique are awesome : just think about Odin’s Sphere for example : it’s almost the same technique with several sprites animated separately on a same character which gives a realistic feel.
    The game is pretty fun too and really addictive. There’s always something to do, waiting for the next time you’ll get enough crystals to pull characters.

• ZeriusHighGamer LV.21 Dream Chaser Sep 2, 2020, 09:53 PM

Thanks for the motivation! :3

• LagiaX LV.5 Lurker Sep 3, 2020, 01:33 AM

1. I don't know about false reviews...
    2. Yes, the game is pretty generous overall. You can get everything with just patience and farming. You pay to speed up your progress, basically.
    3. Overall, the game revolves around idle combat, minus PVP and maybe Raids. The characters are cool, the music is pretty good in my opinion, and the characters interactions are fun and relatable.

Overall, if you are coming for an RPG-ish experience, this is not the game. This is more planning and strategizing off-combat than anything. Good aesthetics and relatable stories is Destiny Child's strongest point.

• ZeriusHighGamer LV.21 Dream Chaser Sep 3, 2020, 06:16 AM

Thank you very much for the information! :3

• Kara Sol Stay Calm LV.20 Supersonic Sep 2, 2020, 09:23 PM

Do you have a particular review in mind you'd like a verification of?

I'm top 2% on the last world boss damage, meaning I'm rather deep in, well past what some might call "knowledge checkpoints". This Summer I've tried a fresh start of the game on an android emulator to test some visuals. It looked grossly oversaturated (alpha correction set too high with no visible means to adjust) for some reason, and crashed fairly often, both contrary to genuine android 10 phone usual experience. This might have contributed to my bad impression of current DC as new player.

My original start was back in the days of less systems and less Childs. The today DC is afraid I'll run away in fear, so it gives me a free five-star child here, a free five-star there, and in light of smaller mileage gauges, even with bad luck I have a full party of five-star childs in hours.
    So what?
    Compared to this, back in the days I've got a free fire attacker child, and not too much more. I remember levelling and actively using a three-star Child for healing to sustain my party through the story.
    In modern DC, everything dies in story on auto battle, some of the tutorials seem to introduce unneeded things in useless ways, the story is a thing to tap through under all those systems and giveaways. Story loot/rewards is utter trash compared to what you're steered towards by everything.
    Who thought it would be a good idea to throw two five-star weapons at a barely a newbie in ways of equipment crafting system introduction. The new player wouldn't know where to compartmentalize and what to embrace. Skills, skill levelling, skill reserve system, awakening, evolution, uncapping, daily farms, equipment stats and types and tiers and descriptions and slots, equipment enhancement, equipment crafting, equipment selling, soul carta, soul carta enhancement, soul carta soul enhancement, friends, friends assistance, favourite Childs, lock options, shared Childs, devil rumble with ratings and leagues and wins and losses and currency and own shop and tickets, spa system with bathing skins and parades and a shop and a currency and a mileage, skins and costumes, costume shop, ReBirth Labyrinth and synthesis and levels and +1 to +3 levels and missions and currency, and then the House of reincarnation, and summoning tickets and banners of easily a dozen sorts with mileages, and then two shops more with daily offers and microtransactions, and Underground with its separate rules and interface. And many of the systems offer a reset or ten, many introduce some hitherto unknown characters.

Which is and which isn't important, you jackass patchwork of a game?! 🥺

Art? what art? Back in the days I was hooked on art, made some bad decisions even though I had less opportunities to. I've steadily progressed through the story, which wasn't excellent sadly. But, again, art. If I had pulled Eve or Chang'e instead of Hestia back then, I might have not lasted. A new player might be advised to focus on art and take things very slow.

It's fun for me deep in, even if I'm not dedicated to chasing the never ending stream of new power creeping childs.

• ZeriusHighGamer LV.21 Dream Chaser Sep 2, 2020, 09:51 PM

Anything that keeps demotivating others. But, judging from the reviews you commented, I'd say I should give the game a try.

• ZeriusHighGamer LV.21 Dream Chaser Sep 2, 2020, 10:08 PM

People, this comment is just a list of reviews.

• M00N LV.26 Bamboozled Sep 2, 2020, 11:05 PM

gghf

• IrelandBlue LV.21 Genius Sep 2, 2020, 11:23 PM

Don't think twice... download and unleash the devil inside you

• Kara Sol Stay Calm LV.20 Supersonic Sep 2, 2020, 11:47 PM

One more thing beside "exploration" added to the big list of systems.
    Occasionally, music is great. When I was starting, I grabbed the tail of one event soon going into another, which meant fresh melodies greeting me in the main menu, loading screens and stuff. The effect was temporary, since music gets reused, but the variety and quality left good first impression.

• Zombie Dane LV.27 Team Rocket Sep 3, 2020, 05:16 PM

1. I don't know about the reviews.
    2. Yeah if you read and follow along, and if there is ever anything you don't understand you can always post your question here on moot.
    3. In my opinion yeah. I have fun with the events world bosses and ranga. A narrative dungeon starts today, if you ask me a perfect time for a new player to start where you can take it easy and slow to learn everything.

• NELIEL LV.23 Bamboozled Sep 3, 2020, 07:54 PM

if you haven't downloaded this game by now, then you have missed the most important years of your life. this game makes all worries go away, fixes any problems encountered in your daily life and will help you relax at the end of a long day. all you have to do when feeling stressed is open DC Global and look at a few amazing girls and all trouble will be forgotten. what problem in life can't be solved by a nice set of boobs and round smackable butt?!!!

• ZeriusHighGamer LV.21 Dream Chaser Sep 3, 2020, 10:06 PM

Hahaha, that's funny. Well, the weekend is coming up for me, so I can finally have a fair amount of time to download DC and just play the game.

• Degen LV.9 Nomad Sep 2, 2020, 11:06 PM

1. I don't know and I don't care about the reviews.
    2. what is this means? I term of mechanic, not so much.
    there are 3 eq that you can level up and give unique effect. that's the most complicated mechanic.
    3. i don't know, I play for the plot.

Home