mill0048 mill0048 LV.11 Mobile
Jun 30, 2020, 03:22 AM 88 read

New PVP Calculations

FORUM

Anyone getting this? I was Gold II (full-auto shame, I know) and began Monday with Gold II, again!? I can't compete in that for a week, I just want the Onyx! How the heck is this supposed to work?

Comment 11

• BladeBunny LV.9 Nomad Jun 30, 2020, 03:34 AM

I’m not sure what you’re asking. But if you have the required amount of wins (32 for Gold II), regardless of the number of losses, then you stay at the same level.

• mill0048 LV.11 Mobile Jun 30, 2020, 03:45 AM

Is it wins in general or wins in that league? I had over 120 wins as of Sunday night, but they were from Silver to Gold. I had about 80 losses too.

The charts don't explain it all. :(

• Krenyah LV.5 Lurker Jun 30, 2020, 03:53 AM

You will remain in the league you are in at the reset as long as you have the req number of wins for it.
    To advance leagues you need to advance them by normal pvp`ing during the week.
    The numbers in the chart show the req number of wins to remain in each specific bracket at the reset.

• Atreides LV.20 S Jun 30, 2020, 04:17 AM

Wins only maintain your rank, to go up the ranks, you still need to get points. So you can't jump from silver to platinum in one week.

• mill0048 LV.11 Mobile Jun 30, 2020, 04:33 AM

Thanks everyone. So if I'm in Gold I on Monday, it will take me about 32 wins to get to Gold II by the Sunday night scoring? Regardless of how many losses I have?

• mill0048 LV.11 Mobile Jun 30, 2020, 04:43 AM

For clarification, my normal tactic was to do the daily PVP missions, while losing every 3rd match or so (to reduce the bonus modifier). By Sunday, I'd lose all day and end the week with a near 50/50 win/loss ratio. This would start me on Silver 4 (or so) on Monday and end at Gold 2 on Sunday. Great for resource accumulation.

• Danbo de Piano LV.24 Chicken Dinner Jun 30, 2020, 04:46 AM

no ,if you achieve pvp points tier needed to get to that league you want , then at cutoff if you have total wins as summarized you'll remain,if not you will remote two tiers down
    so it's no number if wins to achieve set tier ,ie if you don't have 10,200 at cut off no number of total wins will put you in gold ii

• BladeBunny LV.9 Nomad Jun 30, 2020, 05:46 AM

Like others have said below. You still need to score point to progress into a higher league. The number of wins (through the whole week) decide if you stay there or are demoted.

Not too different to before. But it’s easier to maintain a number of wins than the old win/loss ratio.

I agree, they could have done a better job actually explaining this 😅

• mill0048 LV.11 Mobile Jun 30, 2020, 09:59 PM

I appreciate it the explanations, but it doesn't make sense to me.

It seems I can still change my league throughout the week all I want (like before), but my weekly starting league will be one of three things (regardless of whatever league I end the week in):

1) If I get the required number of wins I move one tier higher than my previous weekly starting league.

2) If I just get more than 10 wins and less than required for the next tier I stay in the same league.

3) If I get less than 10 wins I drop two leagues.

Is that correct?

• BladeBunny LV.9 Nomad Jun 30, 2020, 10:19 PM

You can still change your league throughout the week based on the number of points you have just like before, as you stated.

At the end of the week, the number of wins you’ve accumulated through the week will determine if you stay in the league you’re in at the end of the week or if you’re demoted.

Say you start the week in Gold II with 9600 points. Throughout the week your points increase to 10600 putting you in Gold III. At the end of the week if you have 34 wins or more then you stay in Gold III, if you have less than 34 wins you are demoted 2 leagues.

So, the wins number only determines if you stay in the league you’re in at the end of the week, or are demoted. It will not promote you to a higher league no matter how many wins you have. Promotions only occur through accumulating points, just like before.

Hope this helps.

• mill0048 LV.11 Mobile Jun 30, 2020, 11:33 PM

That explains it perfectly. Thanks!

Home