ⓚⓘⓘⓒⓗⓘⓖⓞ LV.22 Insomniac
Jun 14, 2020, 04:09 AM 655 read

Hypocrite Babel PVP

FORUM

I know Athena and White Pomona are pretty good in PVP. Though is Babel actually that good, if he's in a reccomend best rumble summon?

DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - Hypocrite Babel PVP  image 2

Comment 22

• LycaDelish LV.22 RIP Jun 14, 2020, 05:33 AM

He's really good - he's just not used that much for whatever reason. He's basically a better Lan-Fei.

• ⓚⓘⓘⓒⓗⓘⓖⓞ LV.22 Insomniac Jun 14, 2020, 05:34 AM

Ah, that makes sense.

• LycaDelish LV.22 RIP Jun 14, 2020, 05:38 AM

I've run him since he released and he's kept me in Plat V easily. He's also excellent against Athena/Dana/Pomona/Change'e/Neptune if you combine him with Saturn because he will keep Pomona even slower than she already is. He's kinda like a mix of Lan-Fei and Olga (he basically replaced both units for me, he slows on slide and silences on Drive). He has natural resistance to fire attackers (so he *can* tank an unlucky Courtesan Bathory hit) although I find he does struggle against Pan (natural weakness).

He used to be tier 9 on RiceMine and then dropped to tier 8 for...some reason. Baffles me that Demeter is tier 9 tbh and I do *not* understand why Athena is tier 10 at all. That list is certainly not infallible.

• ⓚⓘⓘⓒⓗⓘⓖⓞ LV.22 Insomniac Jun 14, 2020, 05:44 AM

ooooooooo, that's dope information.

• LycaDelish LV.22 RIP Jun 14, 2020, 05:56 AM

My advice to you as someone who has been playing over a year now - when it comes to PvP, look closely at anything ranked 8 and above. The meta changes often and childs play Snakes and Ladders within the rankings all the time. Hell, Red Cross is ranked as a tier 7 now for PvP!

I'm really excited about the new child on JP Altice being ranked highly for PvP - seems like a way more aggressive Pan for what I can see. Debuffers are my personal favourite PvP units, you can make any of them work with enough support tbh.

• ⓚⓘⓘⓒⓗⓘⓖⓞ LV.22 Insomniac Jun 14, 2020, 05:58 AM

I mainly reach Gold V, haven't been playing PVP like I should.

• LycaDelish LV.22 RIP Jun 14, 2020, 06:04 AM

ⓚⓘⓘⓒⓗⓘⓖⓞ  I just do it for the crystals, I don't really have any great love for it. Plat V 100 times a week for 5300 crystals is worth it.

Also hot damn, Gold was hard to get through - I passed Gold just as Bathory released iirc, so I can only imagine the shitshow it is in there now. I imagine the teams don't look much different than Plat V.

• Kirima Saimyou LV.13 Chief Jun 14, 2020, 09:04 AM

LycaDelish  I can confirm that Gold I to V team is almost identical (Moa, Bathory, neptune stall team everywhere). i can be boring to face the dancing blade every fight.

• Rayne103 LV.11 Chief Jun 14, 2020, 03:45 PM

read athena skills again.

she's great cause she has alot of utility. Debuff taunt, she'll eat any debuffs. have you seen her eat 3X Brand? 3X stuns? She renders debuffers helpless against her. debuff duration buff makes any debuffs fall off quicker. poison? from 2 turns become 1 turn, etc.

her slide? strongest taunt and reflect in game. slide her when FT and watch obath kill her team.
    her drive? grant reflect to 3 highest atk aliies. imagine fever while this on.
    her lead skill? makes your team tankier.

that's why people use her.
    have you fought real cancer team? those more than 116k pom athena? revive and revive and revive again until you timeout

why demeter 9? she got good DoTs skills, currently no one really uses her cause she has no carta making her dots weak. and dots are nothing with everyone's spa and options anyway. well not yet currently

babel is an 8 cause he doesn't really have any use in the current meta. but that cause he understand how to make him works..
    Top100 is infested with obath/isolde/moa/cancer/3tank and limos in the future.

That's it

• LycaDelish LV.22 RIP Jun 14, 2020, 08:29 PM

Oh Athena is great, don't get me wrong - I just don't think she's a tier 10. Tier 10 is like a Dana or Change'e - a very useful, super needed unit with a huge amount of utility. Athena works on basically *one* team set-up (basically the current whale favourite of three-tank cancer) and is otherwise pretty easy to ignore. I don't need her to compete with certain teams, unlike Dana/Change'e. The three-tank cancer team I have also never really struggled against, because Babel+Saturn wipes them. Slow Pomona to a crawl and then rush to Fever with Saturn - +50% weakness point damage against Athena/Dana/Neptune/Pomona. I've never gotten into a revive loop because Athena/Pomona usually die during Fever (if not the first, the second - Babel's skills are great for stopping the enemy getting their fever so I don't have to worry about it usually, and Neptune is there to pick up the slack if the enemy team does get there anyway). Babel also will target Pomona everytime, so again - no worry about over-healing. Athena is a tier 9 imo. I see on JP that she will probably drop as the meta changes.

Demeter will be better once her Soul Carta hits but she's just ok for me right now. Once her SC hits I'll definitely use her more.

I don't really look at top 100 cos it's 90% whales, I'm more talking about what I see in general Plat V. I still see a lot of Eve too.

EDIT: Haha, as this has been discussed I see that Babel has moved back up to tier 9 on RiceMine. Props to the guys who run it.

• Rayne103 LV.11 Chief Jun 14, 2020, 08:56 PM

well if your team works for you, good then. im not gonna comment about that.

But I, and many PVP vets will disagree with what you said about Athena. Athena works on basically *one* team set-up (basically the current whale favourite of three-tank cancer)? That's wrong.
    She's a solid Wbath's replacement. Athena/Nep/Dana/Chang'e/debuffer is a solid team. The debuffers are replaceable, Lanfei/Limos/Moa is a solid choice and proved works in Top100. The debuffers could be replaced with Obath even.
    She's not only for *whale* 3tank or cancer team. Dichen, one of the regular Top100, sometimes use Athena/Nep/Dana/Chang'e/Lanfei. 3 or 4 of which units most people have. She's not limited to tank.

And She's currently in PVP banner with 1% rate. the same as boosted banner every events. She's not *whale* only. even newer people can summon her.

And one thing that you're wrong, top100 isnt full of whales. Sure, that the top 20 are spending for resets, but most don't do much reset. You need dedication to play a minimum 250ish games a week and not dropping your streak. I'm a regular Top100 for a few weeks now and i can say it clearly. Options might make it different, but then it won't until a few weeks after now. cause only whales rerolling for better options now.

TL/DR I won't comment on your team against cancer or 3tank, If it's works for you then it's good. and I don't say Babel is bad at my comment earlier. He Just doesn't see much use in the current meta. I just explaining my reason of why Athena is ranked as tier10. like i did in my previous post. Of course what's in lower plat5 is a bit different in Top100. See a few weeks and you'll see a lot more athena and 3tank.

• LycaDelish LV.22 RIP Jun 14, 2020, 09:11 PM

Rayne103  250 battles a week? Oof, I struggle with 100 lol. But good on you if you and others can compete up there and not pay for childs.

Yeah this is Athena's first proper banner, so I expect to see more of her and PB Pomona as the childs get older and more people get them. PB Pomona is a clear tier 10 imo, I personally would use her over Athena. Much more useful.

I don't really care about what vets think either. The same vets that told us all Rita was trash, right? Athena is a damn good unit, all I'm saying is that she's not tier 10 imo. I don't really care for the call to authority either, I've been sitting in Plat V for months quite easily too. I think it's important to have a lot of child diversity, which is why I do get annoyed when I see people just dismiss certain childs because reasons. I don't want PvP to returns to the dark days of everyone having the same team, I want more and more childs to be used. Like I said, anything tier 8 and above in PvP is worth looking at - those childs move around all the time.

• Rayne103 LV.11 Chief Jun 14, 2020, 09:48 PM

LycaDelish  Wait, who said Rita is Trash anyway lol..

Well ye, people will do that. I myself see that as every child is useful. only a few are trash (i'm lookin at you Ashtoreth)
    Good thing DC have High tier arts, cause even if a they're skills kinda niche, they're easy to the eyes..

and poor males of DC is underappreciated. we need more cool husbandos too. im tired lookn at boobs lol

• LycaDelish LV.22 RIP Jun 14, 2020, 09:59 PM

Rayne103  I know right! I remember Silfazaris yelling at me because I was gonna 6* Rita because I thought her Ragna skin was awesome and Death Heal sounded useful. There were literally people here and on Reddit telling other people to save Rita for HoR or fodder her. Smh.

Thankfully there are some really nice lookin' PvP husbandos coming up - Cain looks to be a great fire attacker (and he'll be easier to +6 over Courtesan Bathory), Altice looks great, Methusulah might be fun (skills don't look as good as Babel imo) and Seth comes out for JP during their next Ragna, so it'll be interesting to know what his skills are (on KR, he's a light debuffer).

• Rayne103 LV.11 Chief Jun 14, 2020, 10:06 PM

LycaDelish  That's why I don't really took to heart most advice from reddit. better find more real source.

yeah there are alot of males in next year pve childs. Cain and Seth looks the coolest. *Sorry meth*..
    And there's shota Leo too lol
    suffice to say im looking forward to next year

• LycaDelish LV.22 RIP Jun 14, 2020, 10:11 PM

Rayne103  Seth looks incredible. HTK draws the most gorgeous males and Seth reminds me a lot of his PS2 game, Magna Carta - blonde and with tanned skin like the main character. Seth might have the best male design in the game next to Azure Night Olga and Cain.

• Rayne103 LV.11 Chief Jun 14, 2020, 10:32 PM

LycaDelish  Have you seen Saladin Lyca? His design also very good imo. Too bad he's KR only

• LycaDelish LV.22 RIP Jun 15, 2020, 02:05 AM

Rayne103  Yeah, he looks nice. War of Genesis, right? I don't see why they don't just release him as a normal child tbh, pretty sure HTK played a huge part in WoG's success in Korea. Like I doubt we're getting anymore collabs now, so why not?

• Joe Xu LV.3 Lurker Jun 16, 2020, 08:05 AM

Athena is 100% a tier 10 unit. Babel is highly underrated and can be a 9/10 in the right comp. I actually lose to Babel comps and try to avoid them. Athena only works in very niche teams which makes her invaluable

• Freddyt58 LV.8 Nomad Jun 14, 2020, 04:43 AM

I was thinking this too tbh 😂

• ⓚⓘⓘⓒⓗⓘⓖⓞ LV.22 Insomniac Jun 14, 2020, 04:45 AM

I mean I think Babel is a Tier 7 or 8

• Rayne103 LV.11 Chief Jun 14, 2020, 04:17 PM

like i said in my comment below, babel currently doesnt see any use.
    and athena and pom is top tier, get them

Home