Reika Mae LV.34 Dragon
Feb 4, 2020, 11:29 AM 500 read

About the DC Global / JP Timeline

FORUM

Probably a little off topic but I'd like to get comments from the people who uses this, the service is costing me 15 bucks a month for the subscription and being unemployed atm, I have some concerns....   Well if you have been following the development, this used to be a google sheets timeline but I dropped that after thinking that the info needed a better way to be presented. The subscription is ending on Feb 11, and I'm not sure if I wanna extend it, may just go back to the old google sheets method, give me your thoughts.       https://time.graphics/line/316581  

This is the old one.   https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1xPxsbOHhTqSMFo9JL39UvbTMzeMsFCjPTWJp3oDE8UU/edit?usp=sharing

Credits to Kharl for the JP side of the timeline.

Comment 10

• Malkav_Garcia LV.9 Try Hard Feb 4, 2020, 11:36 AM

I really like the new timelime and really appreciate your hard work, but it's your money. Do what is better for you.

• Da_Realshoota1879 LV.18 Sage Feb 4, 2020, 02:14 PM

The timeline is really nice, but the Google Sheets gets it done for being free.
    $15 is a lot for being unemployed. If the community really appreciates the timeline, they'll donate. If not then just fall back to the free option.

• NO NAME verified Feb 4, 2020, 11:35 PM

You could try to crowdfund (Kickstarter, gofundme, or directly appeal to generous donors to cover the monthly cost), but personally I wouldn’t. It’s no fun chasing people for money every month, especially donors, and peeps would be upset if you still ultimately had to switch formats even after they had donated.

The community has come to appreciate your valuable resources of information and will use them no matter what format you use. Your passion for the game is obvious and it shows in your contributions. Knowing this, use whichever format makes the most sense for you.

• Suzuki LV.17 Big Chungus Feb 4, 2020, 11:50 AM

I followed them both and like them, but my favorite is the current one, it presented very well despite it looked confusing on first glance. Although in hindsight, the former is presentable as well and organized imo, so there's nothing wrong between them.

On the personal level, if you think this will financially burden you - as you mentioned you're unemployed right now - then it's better for you to use the old one. We love how you're doing this to all of us and we can't thank you enough, including the wonderful veterans out there. So much so, I think you should put yourself first. And don't worry, I know most of us don't mind about which is better, as long as it's easy to understand (including the newbies out there who will stumbled upon the timeline) :3

• dikstra LV.20 S Feb 4, 2020, 10:27 PM

15 bucks a month for that? I mean it looks nice and all but really now? Seems overpriced IMHO. Back to Google EZ.

• CatsOnDestinyChild LV.14 Chief Feb 4, 2020, 12:58 PM

I used both of them, but whatever u do, i still support u bro <3

• dctouko LV.20 Champagne Showers! Feb 4, 2020, 02:47 PM

I didn't know it costed money to put the timeline up there. I tried accessing the new timeline site but sadly i couldn't use it at all :( as i can't browse it smoothly on my old device, so i prefer the old timeline.

But still i can feel that you're really passionate on the game and i really appreciate all the hard work you have done Reika Mae :) i hope you're able to find a job soon.

• IraqVet LV.21 Dragon Feb 4, 2020, 02:48 PM

if u cant afford it then u can go back to the old ones I'll still read it

• mr.rubbish LV.20 Pokémon Master Feb 5, 2020, 06:03 AM

Dude, we appreciate the shinies but don't break yourself for it.
    Also, $15 /month is crazy money! They need to rethink their business model.

• ReaD LV.20 S Feb 5, 2020, 09:03 AM

use dat money to whale instead... :v

Home