LycaDelish LycaDelish LV.21 RIP
Sep 20, 2019, 08:33 PM 1,959 read

So, Shift Up are becoming the publishers of Destiny Child Global

I'm assuming you've all heard the news.   Just to be clear, Shift Up are the developers of Destiny Child. Line currently handles the server for Global, Stairs currently handles the JP server and Kakao handles the KR server. I'm not sure about the other servers (apparently KR might now be being published by Shift Up only as well), but Global is going to be handled by Shift Up from October 21st onwards. What do you guys think?   Personally I think this could be a positive. It's usually publishers that ruin great games, only for the devs to remain helpless. A sole publisher/developer combo often results in great things (for example, the Witcher series is solely developed and published by CD Projekt) but we have yet to see how SU will run a gacha (please chime in if you know). I'm mildly hopeful.   Remember, it's the publisher who determines price points/rates/banners for games as well.

Comment 24

• Cristoquer LV.21 Clearly Hacking Sep 20, 2019, 09:22 PM

Best I'm just hoping that with this change we get less abusive practices, like having to pay $60 for a guarantee character... or having to spend almost $200 for a skin.

• Atreides LV.19 Sage Sep 20, 2019, 09:29 PM

Best Or paying $50 for a 90% chance of getting a 5* ticket that could give you Mammon.

• Cristoquer LV.21 Clearly Hacking Sep 20, 2019, 09:22 PM

I'm just hoping that with this change we get less abusive practices, like having to pay $60 for a guarantee character... or having to spend almost $200 for a skin.

• Atreides LV.19 Sage Sep 20, 2019, 09:29 PM

Or paying $50 for a 90% chance of getting a 5* ticket that could give you Mammon.

• LycaDelish LV.21 RIP Sep 20, 2019, 10:00 PM

I'd be happy with being able to pull from the entire 5* pool tbh.

• Otakuman706 LV.20 Insomniac Sep 20, 2019, 10:45 PM

Yeah, this is the one kind of change I would like, and could see as a possibility (though it may be unlikely-- at least in form of a 'large' adjustment) from this kind of change.

Otherwise, on the whole, I'm cautiously optimistic for this change- I can see how this could have positives, but as was said, we (or I, if others know more) don't know how they will actually handle it in practice.

This 'risk' is somewhat reducedYeah, this is the one kind of change I would like, and could see as a possibility (though it may be unlikely-- at least in form of a 'large' adjustment) from this kind of change.

Otherwise, on the whole, I'm cautiously optimistic for this change- I can see how this could have positives, but as was said, we (or I, if others know more) don't know how they will actually handle it in practice.

This 'risk' is somewhat reduced since they have experience running the other servers- leaving things like early bugs, basic issues, etc. less likely; this experience may also help in the balancing of the game based on the work/results from other servers. since they have experience running the other servers- leaving things like early bugs, basic issues, etc. less likely; this experience may also help in balancing the game from the work/results from other servers.

• BlueWolf LV.13 Chief Sep 21, 2019, 04:28 AM

Well, lets be fair thats stuff that we can get without paying.
    The skins are just a matter of time until they put them in the costume shop (for bloodgems) and the guaranteed child is mostly about luck but its not like we miss that many childs when we really focus on one banner.
    I think the prices are expensive to make up for the amount of stuff they give for free to begin with. It would be nice if they lowered the prices but if they do hopefully the amount of sales go up.

• Archfiend Laharl LV.21 S Sep 22, 2019, 02:47 AM

I'm with you on this 100%. The counter-argument that a lot is available without paying ignores the abysmal rates and timing requirements to get things. Sure I can get the new Frej without spending money if I *happen* to pull him, which I have spent all my crystals trying to do since he became available. But each day that passes diminishes his peak usefulness, which manufactures urgency, which creates pressure to pay...

If the price was lower I could see myself giving in here and there. I don't mind supporting the game. But it's hard to convince myself that it's sensible when the price point seems unreasonable. I hope Shift Up is thinking about this.

• flxvanilla LV.7 Nomad Sep 22, 2019, 09:05 AM

Agreed. I may actually give them a little cash if the prices aren't outrageously stupid as they are now.

• FreshPrince LV.12 Champion Sep 21, 2019, 01:44 AM

Hopefully with this shift up added all the child’s into premium banner like KR

• BlueWolf LV.13 Chief Sep 21, 2019, 04:39 AM

Good lord this is the thing I wish the most.
    Also hopefully all skins from the costume shop get introduced to the rebirth summon pool (or whatever it was called).

• LycaDelish LV.21 RIP Sep 21, 2019, 05:29 AM

Yes, this. DC was looking pretty bleak to me future-wise - by Christmas, we'll literally be only able to pull from 40% or so of all 5* units if they keep this stupid mindset. Don't even get me started on having most of the Soul Cartas unobtainable.

I really hope SU changes this. What's the point of all the wonderful art if you can't obtain half of it?

• BadMelody LV.20 Professional Noob Sep 21, 2019, 12:47 AM

I probably wouldn't care about this news if it was any other mobile game, but the devs here really do seem to care about what they're making.

If Shift Up has experience running servers, then I welcome it with open arms. I feel like it's the devs finally being able to grab their game with both hands and being able to mold the game into exactly what they envision.

• BlueWolf LV.13 Chief Sep 21, 2019, 04:34 AM

Well line games didnt do a terrible job compared to most publishers, of anything it was keeping up really good.
    And its yet to see if Shift Up is any better, their experience is creating games, not handling its servers and different regions. Have in mind this means a lot more than it might seem, specially when we talk about global wich is, multiple regions unlike KR and JP.
    From prices of packs to eveny rewards it all changes because of how people spend differently depending of the zone, and their job is to satisfy both the players while also making more money.
    If they're not used to handling servers this could become a mess. And if they are used to it, we would still need to see if they wont fall for the temptation of being greedy and squeezing up to the last penny of players.

• BadMelody LV.20 Professional Noob Sep 21, 2019, 04:53 AM

Yeah, that's why I said if Shift Up has experience running servers already, it could go south really quick if they're just jumping in with little to no knowledge.

I also wasn't trying to shit on Line or anything, they've done a fine job so far and I haven't gotten even close to burnt out while they were the publishers. I'm moreso excited to see where Shift up takes it considering they seem to actually interact and listen to the community, as opposed to a lot of other mobile games.

• BlueWolf LV.13 Chief Sep 21, 2019, 05:25 AM

Yup, either way we wont know until we see. I just thinking that its a little too good to be true to expect good changes from this.
    But maybe im just a boomer

• Tasty Muffin LV.2 Lurker Sep 21, 2019, 01:04 AM

I am hoping this change will bring the removal of the censoring. How silly of a thing to even implement on a +18 game.

• BlueWolf LV.13 Chief Sep 21, 2019, 04:38 AM

Thats mostly never gonna happen, its a matter of region, a game delivered globally where you see some spicy ecchi characters that are called "childs" and you "collect" them would be controversy thanks to people who bring politics to games.
    KR and JP arent that bothersome since they create most of this spicy content to begin with.
    At least we have the patch 🤷‍♂️

• Tasty Muffin LV.2 Lurker Sep 21, 2019, 08:16 AM

I totally understand what you are saying. I just find it hard to believe when I see Maat uncensored being sold at premium price. Doesn't that defeat the entire point of censoring to begin with?

• Sodie Pop LV.12 Team Rocket Sep 21, 2019, 05:05 AM

This could be really good or really bad. Oh, the anxiety!

• SehatDanKuat LV.19 Sage Sep 20, 2019, 11:05 PM

Shift Up management better than Line I think.. so we Must get better service on Future one

• BlueWolf LV.13 Chief Sep 21, 2019, 02:37 AM

I also agree this could be a positive, BUT, we wont know until we see. I just want you guys to not get your hopes up, publishers only work is to ensure that they meet the quota while screwing players the least possible, while having the devs take care of this might seem extremely good, have in mind this might not be their area of expertice.
    If I could ask for some positive changes the first thing that comes to mind is that we get the exclusive skins (the ones that cost bloodgems) into the pool of items labyrinth coins can get you. This might seem unrelated, but in KR they do this, so basically you can save blood gems for something else, instead in Global we have to choose between skins or potential 5* childs and soul cartas.
    Another change I would ask is to add more 5* childs into the premium pool... its so lacking currently, I heard KR has the previous ragna childs be on the premium pool, that would be awesome (God lord how much I would love to be able to get cleopatra and krampus without having to spend on their limited banners).
    Besides that there isnt much more I can ask for, the prices for packs are a bit insane but I always saw it as a way to support the devs more than to buy things? The game itself gives a lot for free. More than any other gacha game out there.
    But I want to rectify: dont get your hopes up, as much as it seems like a straight positive thing this could be negative in some aspects, lets wait and see :)

• Mk T LV.14 Chief Sep 21, 2019, 01:22 AM

What I'm wondering is if we'll still be able to save and login with Line or have to make/use a Shift Up acc

I really don't want to have to use FB or Twitter as a save

• BlueWolf LV.13 Chief Sep 21, 2019, 04:41 AM

I think on the notes it said something about using the same account or something? I would reread it before hand if I were you.
    I use google play so I wouldnt really know, I cant use Line.

• LycaDelish LV.21 RIP Sep 21, 2019, 05:27 AM

I'd make a Google account (or whatever your phone uses) just in case.

• Mk T LV.14 Chief Sep 21, 2019, 09:58 AM

I play on iPhone and an emulator, but iPhone doesn't have a Google option. The account options are different with different OS' for some reason.

Home