KarmaCappa LV.4 Lurker
Jul 31, 2019, 07:07 AM 527 read

Luin, not Ruin

FORUM

For some reason, they keep naming Luin as Ruin. This is a mistranslation, most likely by a translator who didn't know the reason for the name. Japanese has no L, so R is often used as a similar consonant. The translator probably just assumed that this was the case here.   Luin is her proper name though. Rufus has two child named after mythic weapons. Durandal was the named sword of the legendary paladin, Roland. Roland served as a knight under Charlemagne and his sword was on the same level as others such as Masamune or Excalibur. Luin was a spear of heroes in ancient Ireland, and the spear was later merged with the weapon wielded by Lugh, a prominent god of the Tuatha de Danann (associated with oaths and laws). If you look at Luins S rank costume, she is actually named as the Spear of Vengeance. In addition, her skills are cursed spear and phantom lance.

Comment 3

• LycaDelish LV.22 RIP Jul 31, 2019, 07:20 AM

Interesting, I didn't know Durandal and Luin had such history. Definitely hope the GM sees this, it was odd when Durandal and Rufus kept changing Luin's name in the last part of the story.

• NO NAME verified Jul 31, 2019, 10:05 AM

That’s some fantastic knowledge dumping! I was actually annoyed they changed Ruin to Luin, because I had no idea about the spear, and Ruin is a badass name based on English definition.

Luin makes way more sense now. Thanks again! 👍

• Poly LV.11 Shadow Aug 1, 2019, 04:08 AM

Well argued ! That deserve an editing :-p
    Please DC mods, could you feedback that to the devs ? Thxs

Home