Atreides LV.20 S
Apr 9, 2019, 05:07 AM 1,269 read

A simple solution to make PVP fun again

FORUM

As we all know, The Devil's Rumble gets very stale once you reach gold league. Nearly all the teams are the same (Eve, Chang'e, Olga, Dana and Syrinx). It's boring and trying different teams is often a waste of time.   Here's my idea, every monday after the ranking are calculated and awards given, there should be a new weekly handicap applied to all PVP players (or just those above rookie league to give newbies a break).   The handicaps could be things like:   - No water based units allowed (!) - No support allowed - No healer allowed - No native 5 stars allowed (4 stars upgraded to 5 are ok) - No drive skills/fevers - etc...   This would force us to experiment by creating new teams every week and finally bring some team diversity to the arena.  

DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - A simple solution to make PVP fun again image 2

Comment 28

• DestinyChild LV.24 GameManager Apr 9, 2019, 06:29 PM

Thanks for the tons of great ideas! We'll share your ideas with the team!

• Mirastoria LV.22 S Apr 9, 2019, 07:18 PM

WoW. U do exist!

• NELIEL LV.23 Bamboozled Apr 10, 2019, 12:14 AM

• gamer458002959 LV.2 Lurker Apr 16, 2019, 04:06 PM

I need your help, my game data is gone, I can provide information, there's no way to trouble you, and please get back to me

• JokerOfAllTrades LV.20 Epic Apr 9, 2019, 05:15 AM

I like the idea of changing up Rumble. From playing other similar games, alternative ideas could be:

Buffing certain elements
    Blacklisting certain characters
    Static effects (all characters deal poison, bleed immunity, etc.)

There are a ton of different things that can be done to Rumble to make it more interesting and less stale. Since global is looking for ways to distinguish itself from KR and JP, I think incorporating dynamic changes would make Rumble much more fun.

From the developer's perspective, it would mean people being forced to use a variety of Childs, meaning more pulls and more IRL money used. Seems like a win-win to me.

TLDR; Add Weekly Rumble Changes-> Profit.

• Xenomorphosis LV.15 Big Chungus Apr 9, 2019, 04:14 PM

Sounds similar to the Fire Emblem Heroes PvP - each 2 weeks they have a pool of Bonus Units that give extra score if you use them in your team!
    Could be a great idea, I agree!

• Kuronee LV.14 Chief Apr 9, 2019, 07:16 AM

Mixing up pvp would be fun, however we are merely the global version of the game.

They wouldn't make anything so special for us.

Also, they make plenty of money on spamming the OP overused characters in banners, so the suggestion that more money would be made is tenuous at best.

They do make us alternate out characters for WB and Raids, so they know how to make their money from that concept.

TLDR: Would be nice, but I don't see it happen. T_T

• NO NAME verified Apr 9, 2019, 07:48 AM

Japan=127 million, South Korea=54 million, US alone=327 million.
    Global is by far the largest market of the three versions, and thus the most potential for profit. I read that global reached 1 million downloads months ago, and was the 18th highest grossing mobile game in February.
    I think they want global to be the “definitive” version of the game. To accomplish that they’re going to have to mix things up.

• Kuronee LV.14 Chief Apr 10, 2019, 12:00 PM

ppl always conflate populations with viable markets and money.

Sorry but with these kinds of games JP and KR spend way more money. Its also a lot cheaper for them to release content in those regions.

But hey, business logic right?

TLDR: Populations don't define profits.

• NO NAME verified Apr 11, 2019, 01:02 AM

You're right!: JP spends more on mobile per gamer than US.

You're wrong!: Despite spending 1.5x more than US per gamer, total revenue still puts JP in 3rd place behind the US and China.

The Global version of DC is serviced in 164 countries INCLUDING #1 spender China. That makes my original comment that Global being the most potential for profit a foregone conclusion. Of course it will require competent marketing, and perhaps most important- appropriate shop prices where I feel DC Global has priced many global players out of the equation.

But my point wasn't an economics debate, it was that you shouldn't pour cold water on good ideas because you perceive your time and money is not appreciated. Shortly after stating "They wouldn't make anything special for us," a member of the DC team debunked that idea stating "Thanks for the tons of great ideas! We'll share your ideas with the team!" While that doesn't guarantee anything, it should as global is by FAR their largest market with the most potential.

TLDR: Don't be so self-defeating.

• kyaaa LV.20 Rare Candy Apr 9, 2019, 07:35 AM

i really like your ideas, pvp is very stale. tho ppl would get probably upset with forced restrictions, so maybe something like a rumble event with missions like "win 5 matches without a healer on your team", etc.

• NO NAME verified Apr 9, 2019, 07:52 AM

All fantastic ideas!

• Luel LV.7 Nomad Apr 9, 2019, 02:11 PM

I was surprised to hear that there were a lot of advocates when I talked about the absurdity in the rumble.
    Now Rumble is a mess.
    The grass type should be relatively strong at the current rumble where water type is the main, but there is no such balance. As you all know, rumble is chang'e'e, Olga, Dana and Syrinx, and is often only seen by Debuffer.
    Only when NewbieMona comes out on this matter will the Child be replaced there.
    The reason for operating rumble in this way is simple. Users have to pay for the crystals to get them, and the next Child is to cope with or make the preceding Childs better, and users are constantly consuming the crystals for better childs.
    That's exactly what the current version of Korea is. Skill's creativity is gone, and only "more" remains.
    There is one way to break this.
    It is to utilize the present system of merchantability.
    It is simple to make the water type completely weak and the grass weak again.
    This will make it fun for users to grow a variety of chades and choose from
    Now rumble is trash. The users here may have a strong backlash, but...
    The only thing that exists is to force a specific Child and induce an attacker to take a penalty, angering users and forcing them to pick a specific Child.
    (The attacker has a slower drive gauge than the defender. 1vs1 Even in a flat-out match, he was sure to kick later than the defender.
    Defender Child uses skill with a high probability of death. The attacker, however, dies when his life reaches zero even though he attacks.
    The most pissed off thing is that a defender has an overwhelming chance of hitting an attacker's attacking Child. )
    I am a Korean user and I am writing using an eagle or a translator.
    There is only one reason. Rumble is designed to identify problems and urge developers to replace them. But when I posted a message before, I heard nothing but ridicule and slander about translation.
    Haha, people will turn a blind eye to DC if this kind of rumble continues.

• Vv LV.17 Try Hard Apr 9, 2019, 09:43 AM

Don't worry. PvP will change when we get newbie Mona. You'll look back and you'll think "things were different when it was 1 grass healer, a water supporter, debuffer, attacker, and a light tank. Now it's a grass supporter and three water units with a light tank"

• NO NAME verified Apr 9, 2019, 09:52 AM

*if she’s not nerfed on global

• Nnoas LV.14 Nintendo 64 Apr 9, 2019, 03:36 PM

i kinda don't like the idea because it would actually make pvp worse and make the game extremely grindy and here's why:

You need a huge amount of onyx to make a character viable for pvp(awakening/leveling up skills).Imagine that a newer player is preparing for a fire WB/RB and he spent everything on a water team. If there's a "no water child" week going on he will miss out of the gems from pvp because he doesn't have the resources to make a different team for pvp.

In the end it doesn't even matter because eventually a new meta will form for every PVP rotative rule. Where only unbinds and investment of onyx will make the difference. Casuals will not be able to play pvp anymore or as they were used to, cutting their resources even more.

And remember most of the revenue of any game comes from casual players.

I used to play fire emblem heroes were the pvp works essentially like your idea... and dude i don't think you can find a single person that thinks pvp fun.

Here's a cute image to prevent downvotes xd

• Atreides LV.20 S Apr 9, 2019, 04:48 PM

I don't think we should keep PVP boring for everyone because of an hypothetical player who somehow only managed to build a great PVP team and nothing else.If there are players like that out there, maybe they deserve a week off from PVP.

• Nnoas LV.14 Nintendo 64 Apr 9, 2019, 07:45 PM

Humm you can find some os those hypothetical players on strategies and tips/general/screenshot/etc section pretty much on a daily basis(of course not all of them will use moot).

Don't get me wrong...I do hope they balance PVP i just want them to come out with a different solution.

• NO NAME verified Apr 9, 2019, 08:32 PM

If you don’t like a solution of weekly challenges which are not static and change every reset, which solution are you in favor of?

• Nnoas LV.14 Nintendo 64 Apr 9, 2019, 09:08 PM

i don't know to be honest and it's not my job to come out with a solution either. Maybe they can do something like pokemon and rank childs for they usage(overused,under used, rarely used and never used) and have different ladder for each tier. It work something like this:

-OU tier(overused): ou,ru,uu and nu can be used here.
    -UU tier: RUU,RU and NUcan be used here.
    -RU tier: you get the point at this moment.
    -NU...

If a character goes up in usage(by a significant amount like 50% to 60% on every team) in any tier they move up to the next tier. And if a character goes down in usage they go down a tier.

I was trying to saying "hey they already tried to something similar on another game and it back fired" when it comes to the weekly challenge.

• Atreides LV.20 S Apr 10, 2019, 05:03 AM

Well, if those guys couldn't adjust to some PVP modifiers, how will they fare against World Boss?

• Nnoas LV.14 Nintendo 64 Apr 10, 2019, 05:39 AM

For pve the only thing you need is awakening (70k to fully awake a 4* and 100k for a 5*) to increase the child's stats.but when it comes to pvp you need awakening and higher rank skills(like olgas,chang'e,etc.) because you always need that extra little help(like faster skills cooldown,more poison/bleed damage...) and you can easily spend 100k or more onyx just going from rank 4 to rank 5 on a single skill.

for example lets use dana, at base with no skill investment her slide skill gives 35% increase in defense and a 1400 shiled to the whole team for 24 seconds. my dana who is +4 and slide skill rank 5 gives 46.8% defense increase and a 1940 shield for 14 seconds.

as you can see, at base is pretty damn good as it is and it will do and excellent job with out leveling it up. but for pvp is just another different story.

• NO NAME verified Apr 9, 2019, 08:26 PM

1) Casuals have a difficult time competing in PVP now as even gold and silver is full of high level meta units.
    2) Casuals do NOT make up the bulk of revenue. How many casual players are dropping $50 every two weeks on Devil pass? The game has priced out most casuals with high shop prices.
    3) Onyx is the same struggle for most non-whale players. Adding challenges and different weekly criteria doesn’t specifically restrict casuals. It’s the same for everyone. Most players don’t have a maxed team of each element. The challenge and the variety is the point.

• R.E.Z LV.20 Gameboy Apr 10, 2019, 12:36 AM

You can’t fool me! You just want me to weaken my team so you can steamroll me! Not a chance!

• NELIEL LV.23 Bamboozled Apr 10, 2019, 09:25 AM

Exactly, they beat you and gain some DR points then you put your whale team back on the roster and it's a bloodbath.

• M4L1y LV.7 Mootiversary! Apr 10, 2019, 09:45 AM

Just divide PvP into leagues. 3 stars, 4 stars, 5 stars
    Fire league, Water league e.t.c.

• Namingwayz LV.9 Nomad Apr 10, 2019, 11:40 AM

• Eggy8 LV.2 Lurker Apr 11, 2019, 01:57 AM

I like the idea of adding some type of handicap but i also feel its just a bandaid for the issue. Would definitely make it more interesting.

However after some time, any handicap given, there will be a "cookie cutter" build that most will follow. So instead of "Eve, Chang'e, Olga, Dana and Syrinx" all the time, you will just get a different team composition to battle against.

How many handicaps can devs comes up with before we are back to the same issue?

Home