gamer365038571 LV.3 Lurker
Dec 7, 2021, 08:00 AM 103 read

For new windsurfers: how much wind is "too much"?

Event

Short answer - 20mph.   I have over 30 years experience, starting with an original windsurfer and teak booms. I think that wind speeds between 5 and 10 mph work well for beginners. The real key is STEADY wind. You can almost always sail around and learn the basics with a 6.0 tuned for that wind range if you're an average size guy. At 5 - 10 mph, you'll be sailing, at 15 you may start going pretty fast and sneak up onto a plane with an early planing board, which will either be a lot of fun, or scare you silly.

Comment 1

• gamer198068059 LV.1 Mootie Dec 7, 2021, 08:16 AM

I've been windsurfing for a long time and last summer I broke my mast. I was very saddened by this, since I had never encountered such a thing. I decided to go to the store and see the prices, and when I found out about them, I realized that it would be better to look at the options on the Internet. So miraculously I found a website https://easy-surfshop.com/do/cat/windsurf/WINDSURF with all the windsurfing accessories. I was very happy and I want to believe that the goods there are of high quality!

Home