SepticStache SepticStache LV.5 Outlaw
Mar 14, 2019, 02:42 PM 913 read

Digital vs Traditional Drawing

While I do prefer to draw with a pen and on paper, I can't but miss the way digital art is a lot less messy. I also try to avoid color while drawing on paper because I hate that I can't always control the pressure I put on the pen and end up with patches of darker and lighter colors (which is ok with a pencil since it's a lot easier to correct or just erase) Now, I'm still trying to really figure out how to draw faces and such, and I find myself having to switch between Digital and Traditional because I just can't get some face right with one or the other. I do have a sketchbook for small sketches or just to doodle, so I thought I'd just share this poor attempt of a sketch of Arthur 😅 I think it looks "ok", but I always find stuff I could have done better in every drawing I own, so that's nothing new lol

Red Dead Redemption: General - Digital vs Traditional Drawing image 2

Comment 16

• Parsa LV.28 Mod Mar 14, 2019, 10:21 PM

Super dope! If you keep putting out awesome stuff, I guess I’m gonna have to keep featuring it 😄 keep it up!

• SepticStache LV.5 Outlaw Mar 15, 2019, 12:37 AM

Aww thanks =3 I'm flattered that you like my art so much and I promise I'll keep on posting the stuff I draw! Tho I can't promise that I'll do so regularly, I tend to throw sketches away before I finish them (I'm not confident enough to post them before I'm sure that they don't suck too much xD)

• Parsa LV.28 Mod Mar 15, 2019, 01:09 AM

Well I’m sure you’ll continue to make the RDR community proud with art like that :)

• TNE epic LV.4 Lurker Mar 14, 2019, 10:40 PM

Great job that looks amazing

• SepticStache LV.5 Outlaw Mar 15, 2019, 12:38 AM

Thank you! =D

• SpunkySam LV.21 S Mar 14, 2019, 11:08 PM

Hehe, this is a lot better than I can draw

• SepticStache LV.5 Outlaw Mar 15, 2019, 12:45 AM

Thanks, but I'm sure you can draw great as well. You just need to practice more, I'm still learning as well and drawing is not something you learn and that's it. You have to keep practicing and learn new techniques and keep at it. I believe in you! =P

• SpunkySam LV.21 S Mar 15, 2019, 09:44 AM

Thanks for the support but I'm pretty sure I'm mentally unable to learn how to.

• SepticStache LV.5 Outlaw Mar 15, 2019, 01:43 PM

Well, first of all I don't think anybody (besides those who are literally physically unable to draw) can't learn how to draw. It might take longer than others, but it doesn't mean that you will never be able to learn how to do it. And in the end, I'm learning how to draw to make stuff I like. No one can draw like a certain famous artist based on the fact that your style is always a little bit different compared to theirs. And I'm sure it would be pretty boring if everyone's art style looked the same =P Please don't make it too hard on yourself and check it off as something impossible.

• EnVyH LV.16 Big Chungus Mar 15, 2019, 08:39 PM

I wish I could draw stuff like that. Usualy mine are just stick figure with hunched spines and a broken dick.

• Undead_Killer_ LV.5 Bangalore Main Mar 28, 2019, 05:03 AM

To a trashcan drawer who doesn't draw often enough to understand what ur talking about this is an amazing drawer keep it up man 😂👌🏽

• SepticStache LV.5 Outlaw Mar 28, 2019, 05:15 AM

I don't think anyone can be a "trashcan drawer", you're probably just not experienced enough but neither am I and that's why I'm working on it. glad you like it 😅👍

• Undead_Killer_ LV.5 Bangalore Main Mar 28, 2019, 05:26 AM

I am the definition of a trashcan drawer 😂😂😂 but what do you mean ur so good at it

• SepticStache LV.5 Outlaw Mar 28, 2019, 06:26 AM

Well, I still feel pretty self-conscious about my art so that's part of why I feel that I'm still pretty shitty at it lol and I set myself some goals I wanna reach (getting better at drawing realistically, find my own art style etc.) My dream job is to work for a game company and design stuff, but when I see what those artists are able to draw, I feel pretty intimidated... Makes me wanna quit my dream bth 😅

• Thatpuma LV.4 Elite Four Mar 20, 2019, 05:44 AM

Keep practicing you'll get it

• Imortall_legend LV.6 Nomad Mar 22, 2019, 09:16 AM

ok

Home